X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

If the WWE misses the boat once again on Daniel Bryan by not strapping him up at Mania...

I have my doubts they'll go all of the way with it...they've never pushed anyone to that extent at Mania. They had Bret Hart wrestle twice...but he lost the opener with Owen before beating Yoko in the main event. The only comparison would be Savage at WrestleMania 4, but they knocked Hogan and Andre out of the tournament early.

This will be a first for the WWE if they use WrestleMania to truly take a guy and put the rocket ship on his back, which is what they'd do by having him beat Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista in one night.

With that said, put me down for a unit on beating Triple H then shenanigans leading to one of the other geeks winning the main event.

Also, WrestleMania got a lot more interesting after last week. I'm genuinely interested in the Andre Battle Royal. It'd be a great way to get some one over if done right.

Orton v. Batista v. Daniel Bryan
    Cena v. Bray Wyatt
    Undertaker v. Lesnar
    Bryan v. HHH
    Andre Battle Royal

I'm now overly interested. The inter-show booking is going to be awesome to watch.
    Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 03-11-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• krulmichael
      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      If the WWE misses the boat once again on Daniel Bryan by not strapping him up at Mania...

I have my doubts they'll go all of the way with it...they've never pushed anyone to that extent at Mania. They had Bret Hart wrestle twice...but he lost the opener with Owen before beating Yoko in the main event. The only comparison would be Savage at WrestleMania 4, but they knocked Hogan and Andre out of the tournament early.

This will be a first for the WWE if they use WrestleMania to truly take a guy and put the rocket ship on his back, which is what they'd do by having him beat Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista in one night.

With that said, put me down for a unit on beating Triple H then shenanigans leading to one of the other geeks winning the main event.
      Man can you imagine the crowd reaction to one extreme or another? D-Bryan wins. The arena explodes. Bootista wins. The arena explodes.
      Orton wins. Meh. Orton isn't winning.

Sent from the awesome LG G2 in all its 5.2 inch glory via Tapatalk 4.

Twitch Channel
      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

I hope the Andre Battle Royale is a yearly thing now

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
          I hope the Andre Battle Royale is a yearly thing now
          I hope they run a storyline now with some of the not so over guys. I'd like to see someone like Ziggler win it.

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
            I hope they run a storyline now with some of the not so over guys. I'd like to see someone like Ziggler win it.
            At this point I want to see someone completely new win it. Ziggler has recieved too many mini pushes where I'd assume this would be another wasted effort.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Sami Zayn should be the guy to win it.

And Larry, I know it's only because of the constant stop and start pushes, but Bryan will be ending the show as champion. Period, no debate.

The Bret deal was huge in 1994. Sure, he lost to Owen but A) it's his damn brother and B) they had to lift Owen up since they were going to feud for the summer.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                Sami Zayn should be the guy to win it.

And Larry, I know it's only because of the constant stop and start pushes, but Bryan will be ending the show as champion. Period, no debate.

The Bret deal was huge in 1994. Sure, he lost to Owen but A) it's his damn brother and B) they had to lift Owen up since they were going to feud for the summer.
                We'll see.

The Hart double-feature at WM10 isn't comparable. Hart main evented WrestleMania the year before.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Yes but by the end of 10, he was anointed the top guy.

Of course today, Cena is still the guy but the people want Bryan on top.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

At this point I want to see someone completely new win it. Ziggler has recieved too many mini pushes where I'd assume this would be another wasted effort.
                    Cesaro or Reigns would be my picks to win it.

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

Saw some decent fantasy booking.

Raw is in San Antonio next week. Triple H inserts Michaels as the special ref for the main event. There's an underlying "oh no they are going to screw Bryan" buzz throughout the match. Bryan gets into control, Triple H makes some type of motion to Shawn but Shawn refuses and stops Triple H from screwing him. Bryan wins clean.

It's over-booking a WrestleMania main event sure but it calls back to the past 6 months and Hell in a Cell.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        Yes but by the end of 10, he was anointed the top guy.

Of course today, Cena is still the guy but the people want Bryan on top.
                        Hart was already a top face, but he wasn't even main eventing and they were clearly grooming Diesel at that point.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

Did you all hear abou Triple H telling the NXT roster before NXT Arrival that call ups weren't happening any time soon.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Did you all hear abou Triple H telling the NXT roster before NXT Arrival that call ups weren't happening any time soon.
                            Yeah...and, its a smart move.

They want to promote the fuck out of NXT...it has a prime position on the network and is a selling point. They want guys like Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville to be stars there.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

WrestleMania ends with Bryan doing the yes chant with 70,000 people as he raises the title.

I'd be absolutely shocked with any other outcome.

The chase is over, now is the perfect time to wrap this up. Punk leaving expedited it by a month or so and they actually caught a break because it will be a much bigger deal when it happens at Mania as opposed to some B-show.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

Comment

Working...