X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

JTG hasn't wrestled a match since September 2013.

His last win was in 2012.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Hawkins at least has the old Stevie Richards role of working out with the part timers when they need to shake the ring rust off. Richards was Shane McMahon's personal training partner, and Hawkins does the same thing for Undertaker.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        JTG, Curt Hawkins, Evan Bourne, and a few others literally get paid to stay home and do nothing. Curt Hawkins never goes to work. He hangs out at the PWS school with Pat Buck every day.

Curt Hawkins has so much free time, he just opened up a wrestling school in Long Island.

I have no idea why they keep these people employed. The thought was that they didn't want to have layoffs while Linda was running for office, but obviously that's no longer a factor.
        Those guys should be down in Orlando as enhancement talent all of the time. They've sent other guys there like Camacho, Yoshi Tatsu and Mason Ryan. Guys like Curt Hawkins, JTG, and others (like Tyson Kidd when he gets fully healthy, because he's awesome) should be "gate keepers" in NXT. When they have had Hawkins and the like there, the announcers do hype up the idea they are "main roster" guys and do acknowledge their accomplishments, no matter how small, like if they've won the tag titles and shit like that.

And, guys they really want to groom to get to the next level, can get to work with the Cesaros (because he'll work anywhere, anytime, for the hell of it), Regals, etc. Would love to see Finlay get in there, too, for little one-off matches with guys they want to enhance.

Seeing the same structure of every NXT show for the past 9 months or so gets boring. Putting some "main roster" and "veteran" guys in there more than the Superstar of the Week would give them a better product, IMO. Introduce guys against Jobbers or just signed talent (they've been doing this), move them up the ladder after a few weeks against the "veterans"...the idea is...these NXT guys should not constantly be wrestling each other every week, a million times, whether its at the NXT tapings or the NXT house shows they run around Central Florida. Give'em some variety.

Take the guys they pay but barely use (and there is seemingly way too many of them), and have them as guys in developmental.

Don't mind me...this is a "one way to make NXT better" thread.
        Last edited by LiquidLarry2GhostWF; 03-30-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

#fun article.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Hogan:

Something that just didn’t happen was WrestleMania [VIII at the Hoosier Dome]. It was supposed to be me and Flair. That just didn’t happen. We were scheduled to wrestle each other. We’d gone on a [Live Event] loop, went to Chicago, Minneapolis and Milwaukee and broke all the old records. Flair-Hogan was magic. You could have doubled the ticket price and it would have still sold out. We were on that fast track to WrestleMania. Me and Flair. Then, all of a sudden, the gears got switched and I never really figured it out.
            lol

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
              Hogan:

lol
              Sometimes i'm not sure if the Hulkster is constantly working people, has the worst memory ever, or a combination of both.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                True Blue
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                interesting quote from HHH about a possible match against a Pride fighter in 2001

“Every now and then I would get something thrown at me to do something with somebody outside of the business. And I remember there was a discussion about [Super Bowl Champion] Ray Lewis, and at one point in time there was a discussion with me fighting a big Japanese guy who was the Pride Champion. We were trying to work out a deal where he could come to the U.S. and I would go to Japan. I don’t remember the guy’s name. This was when Ultimate Fighting first got big."
                Pride didnt really have any Japanese Champions outside of Takanori Gomi who didnt come around till years later. Only guys I could think he is talking about are Sakuraba or Fujita. I would think Sakuraba since he was a huge star in Japan in both MMA and Wrestling.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

That Triple H montage of "pretenders" was pretty meta.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Why did Cena have to do one of his cutesy promos? Should have been done after the in ring stuff.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                      No longer a noob
                      • Apr 2011

Warner mentioned some time ago that with the rights fees to Raw being so important, we could see a shift back to MNW days of Raw's importance. But with the lackluster go-home show that I caught some of, I'm thinking that may not be the case. Still semi-entertaining, but very reserved. I think it was the right move too. They've sold the show well for months now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

For a RAW Go-Home show...it was pretty tame and kind of boring.

RAW peaked at #OccupyRaw and the next week destruction of Daniel Bryan.

The rest of the card and show has been put on cruise control until the show.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Bryan is red hot going into the biggest show of his career. Can't wait.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

LOLOLOL @ the promotional pictures.

Lex Luger picture from 23 years ago!!!!

And is that Chris Benoit in the back?

I wish it was a real promotional poster.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                LOLOLOL @ the promotional pictures.

Lex Luger picture from 23 years ago!!!!

And is that Chris Benoit in the back?

I wish it was a real promotional poster.
                                I lost it at Wahoo McDaniel and "#486 is the PWI 500".

Comment

Working...