X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

More details on the finish:

"The crowd was so cold, maybe because the match wasn’t good, maybe because everyone knew the outcome, that when Brock Lesnar hit his first F-5, and The Undertaker kicked out, there was no reaction. Even when he did it a second time, there was very little reaction.

Then he did it a third time. Referee Chad Patton, who knew the same finish that everybody else thought they knew, hit the mat once, and then twice, and then didn’t know what to do.

He was told Undertaker was winning, but the rule every referee is told is that if the guys doesn’t kick out, you continue the count.

Undertaker wasn’t kicking out. There was slight hesitation, which is why people were confused. Because he was confused. But he did his job.

It was at that point that time stood still, while Lesnar whispered in Undertaker’s ear, “Thank you.”"

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

I see no benefit to not smartening up the ref. Only bad things can happen.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        No one out there was smartened up, seemingly, outside of Taker, Brock, and Heyman. The announcers had one of the weirdest reactions I've ever heard. The guy who plays music in the back didn't know shit and let that white heat sit there for that longest 30 seconds ever. The guy who rings the damn bell shat his pants. Lilian Garcia had no idea what the fuck to do.

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

Shawne Merriman was hired to wrestle for the WWE. Any thoughts

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Every time I see Bray Wyatt...I ask myself one thing.

"Couldn't they have signed Kevin Steen to do this gimmick?"

Listen, I don't mind Wyatt...I dig the character despite the non-sensical promos and the gimmick and family are good.

But Bray completely loses me in the ring. He can't go and he is insanely goofy when asked to wrestle. Kevin Steen could use some months simply dedicated to the gym like they gave Wyatt. In the ring, he is exactly the style of performer they need from this character...the big, burly brawler (but, he can also do some awesome athletic shit, too), but the fuck can carry matches.

I just look at the current incarnation of Wyatt and think...Kevin Steen could do this gimmick, but a million times better, with equally ridiculous, but more sensical promos and he could go in the ring and make this character a mainstay at the very top of the card while providing critically acclaimed matches.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Not bad at all, I just wonder when they will put him on TV. Possibly start the build around SummerSlam, maybe have him involved at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble in some sort of match. I can't believe they would only have one wrestle one match in a WWE ring. They will just be few and far between.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Every time I see Bray Wyatt...I ask myself one thing.

"Couldn't they have signed Kevin Steen to do this gimmick?"

Listen, I don't mind Wyatt...I dig the character despite the non-sensical promos and the gimmick and family are good.

But Bray completely loses me in the ring. He can't go and he is insanely goofy when asked to wrestle. Kevin Steen could use some months simply dedicated to the gym like they gave Wyatt. In the ring, he is exactly the style of performer they need from this character...the big, burly brawler (but, he can also do some awesome athletic shit, too), but the fuck can carry matches.

I just look at the current incarnation of Wyatt and think...Kevin Steen could do this gimmick, but a million times better, with equally ridiculous, but more sensical promos and he could go in the ring and make this character a mainstay at the very top of the card while providing critically acclaimed matches.
                Not only does he lose me in the ring, but the promos lose me too. Maybe that's because I see nothing on the in-ring content so I have tuned it out beforehand, but that's my opinion. He's also still Husky Harris to way too many people, and he just can't go in the ring. They shot him to this level really quick, and the only thing saving him from the Ryback fall is that his promos and gimmick are widely acclaimed.....just not for me.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

More details on the finish:

"The crowd was so cold, maybe because the match wasn’t good, maybe because everyone knew the outcome, that when Brock Lesnar hit his first F-5, and The Undertaker kicked out, there was no reaction. Even when he did it a second time, there was very little reaction.

Then he did it a third time. Referee Chad Patton, who knew the same finish that everybody else thought they knew, hit the mat once, and then twice, and then didn’t know what to do.

He was told Undertaker was winning, but the rule every referee is told is that if the guys doesn’t kick out, you continue the count.

Undertaker wasn’t kicking out. There was slight hesitation, which is why people were confused. Because he was confused. But he did his job.

It was at that point that time stood still, while Lesnar whispered in Undertaker’s ear, “Thank you.”"
                  This was a huge mistake on their part and really sucked the life out of the ending. A borderline retarded mistake.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

fwiw, Steen did an insane gimmick during the Generico feud and did it very well. A different kind of insane, but still.

I think Bray does a great job, I just think he lacks the in ring. Obviously that matters the least, but i'm a workrate dork so it bothers me.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                      No longer a noob
                      • Apr 2011

Yeah, thats fucking stupid. And this is VINCE and this is Wrestlemania. There's no reason he can't give him the Hebner pep talk 15 seconds before he walks out there. What is he gonna do, give the ending away with his body language? So unnecessarily silly.

And I like that they gave a solid gimmick and push to Wyatt. Steen will do well with anything he's given. Wyatt needs this gimmick, bad. And for some weird reason, it's clicked with the audience. That's a winner.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod

And I like that they gave a solid gimmick and push to Wyatt. Steen will do well with anything he's given. Wyatt needs this gimmick, bad. And for some weird reason, it's clicked with the audience. That's a winner.
                        This is a good point. Steen has more natural ability, HUSKY HARRIS sure as fuck needed something extra, and this is clearly working.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

NXT has so many :larrydavidgif: pieces of talent right now. Corey Graves & Mojo Rawley are instant get up and go to the kitchen/take a piss segments.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Also, even though I read the spoilers, LOL @ Brodus Clay getting the main event push on NXT.

God this show needs an infusion of talent. Badly. Solomon Crowe, Kalisto, whatever the fuck Shaun Ricker is called now, these men need to debut yesterday.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

NXT has so many :larrydavidgif: pieces of talent right now. Corey Graves & Mojo Rawley are instant get up and go to the kitchen/take a piss segments.
                              Totally gross show anytime Sami Zayn isn't spending 25 minutes on my television. Even PAC kinda blows in NXT.

Luckily, they are moving a bunch of these bums to the main roster where they'll be on Superstars in a year. Rusev, MMMGorgeous, Parker, Penny Store Gargano, The Ascension...

Now we just need to wait for fuckin Graves to get the fuck off my screen.

Sadly, they are fast-tracking Adam Rose to the main roster...bad move because he doesn't have a grip on this new gimmick, but he has been in developmental for eons, so its about time.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Case in point, The Great Khali just showed up.

Also, Camacho is about 6 months away from wearing a Bullet Club shirt.

Comment

Working...