This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Is this the first time we've seen Bad Influence wrestle together this year? TNA buried them off the roster when it was clear they couldn't re-sign either.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      Is this the first time we've seen Bad Influence wrestle together this year? TNA buried them off the roster when it was clear they couldn't re-sign either.
      Nope. They were involved in tags early in the year.

They were involved in what is STILL TNA's Match of the Year so far, for me, back on the 2/20 Impact. Bad Influence v. The Wolves.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Nope. They were involved in tags early in the year.

They were involved in what is STILL TNA's Match of the Year so far, for me, back on the 2/20 Impact. Bad Influence v. The Wolves.
        Is there an award for best feud that never happened? I think everyone was anticipating those two teams feuding and TNA missed the boat on it, because they took Daniels off the show after that.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

I only discovered today that Camacho is Haku's son.

First, WTF.

Second, why the fuck would you have him portray a Mexican and not a Samoan?

Comment

• s@ppisgod
            No longer a noob
            • Apr 2011

Never knew that. And maybe I'm in the minority (no pun intended), but I like Camacho. It's a shame that he's destined for next year's Dead Pool thread.....

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

He was already cut last week.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Damn, I saw there were a number of cuts, but I never paid attention to who. They weren't gonna do anything with him anyway...

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

I've been hearing Slammiversary wasn't a bad show, what do you guys who watched it think?

Also funny how TNA inducts Team 3D into their HOF right now. I have a feeling that in five years, probably much sooner, that all members of the TNA HOF get put into the WWE HOF.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

There are currently 786 seeders and 536 leechers of a singular torrent for Slammiversary 2014...are there more people that pirate TNA than actually buy a show?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                      Beautiful Like Moses
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      There are currently 786 seeders and 536 leechers of a singular torrent for Slammiversary 2014...are there more people that pirate TNA than actually buy a show?
                      A bunch of those people probably wont watch the show, either, and just download everything.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Anyone else think Ricochet is going to beat Ibushi at Dominion?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

- It was reported earlier this week that WWE is looking to trim $20 million from their budget this year.

Apparently production will see a number of cuts in various places. For example, WWE has reportedly nixed Fandango's curtain entrance and stopped using Bad News Barrett's podium. It was said that the truck WWE used to transport those items and other items was taken off the road, saving around $250,000 per year.

Rant Sports noted that WWE is using similar stage sets for RAW, SmackDown and pay-per-views now and the ring ropes on all shows are all white now. Some pyro for wrestler entrances also may be cut back on.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

how will they ever do shows with out pyros and big sets ...

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                              No longer a noob
                              • Apr 2011

WWE is crazy. They picked a hell of a time to condense revenue streams when they have the most bloated roster in wrestling history and their new training facility just built.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                                WWE is crazy. They picked a hell of a time to condense revenue streams when they have the most bloated roster in wrestling history and their new training facility just built.
                                It was about time they trimmed fat from the books.

They essentially had guys sitting at home for yearS just collecting a check. They still have a group of guys they have signed that they haven't used and are still in training.

Plus, RAW and Smackdown are overproduced anyway...might as well cut down on gimmicks that don't help anybody. No need for huge pyro, special entrances and shit at a common RAW.

Comment

Working...