This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

WTF kind of shirt was Rollins wearing, looked like a superhero costume with fake abs

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Yeah...

Wrestling's kinda dangerous.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        The gimmicks in NXT have gotten too "cute". It feels more like a Chikara developmental show these days. One note gimmicks destined form prelims. Vaudvillains, Bo Dallas, dancing Becky Lynch (who if you didn't notice is Irish, guys), Tyler Breeze...i'm waiting for Archibald Peck & Arctic Rescue Ant to do a run in.

And LOL BO DEMPSEY. What an awful match, but I told you guys he sucked a year ago when they signed him. At least he isn't played for comedy like the rest of the roster, so there is that.
        Who is approving these NXT gimmicks? All small time acts.

I do enjoy the tongue-in-cheeky Vaudvillains...but they scream small time act. There isn't anything wrong with that...but its small time. They will surely get boring quickly.

I don't mind the small show acts...but they need to be supplemented with some compelling, strong, standalone gimmicks.

Sidenote -

What happened to Adam Rose's workrate? As Leo Kruger, he was having nice matches with an assortment of talents. Justin Gabriel, Sami Zayn, Richie Steamboat, Kassius Ohno, Cesaro...also had some nice tag matches. Ever since he has gone to this Adam Rose character, he has been the worst regular worker on the main roster.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Prefacing this by saying I've never heard any of King's radio interviews where he talks about blaming Ziggler's elbow spot for his heart attack. He could be talking about it in a joking manner and just teasing, or he could just be answering an honest question in an honest way.

I hope it's joking/teasing/his honest answer and in no way a form of anger or being pissed off at Ziggler. It's one of the guys main spots and if a 60 year old can't take something like that, either speak up at the time or don't get in the ring.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            Prefacing this by saying I've never heard any of King's radio interviews where he talks about blaming Ziggler's elbow spot for his heart attack. He could be talking about it in a joking manner and just teasing, or he could just be answering an honest question in an honest way.

I hope it's joking/teasing/his honest answer and in no way a form of anger or being pissed off at Ziggler. It's one of the guys main spots and if a 60 year old can't take something like that, either speak up at the time or don't get in the ring.
            Yeah, blame the elbow. Lets not blame his clearly shitty choices of food consumption or his lifestyle that sets off his heart to explode...lets blame a random elbow.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Barrett out for "months" with a separated shoulder.

Talk about an absolute shitty turn of events for him. Now he's labeled as injury prone and back on the sidelines.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

RUSEV v. Jack Swagger...this Friday...ON THE USS INTREPID!

Big money event.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Good to be Ziggler

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Yeah, blame the elbow. Lets not blame his clearly shitty choices of food consumption or his lifestyle that sets off his heart to explode...lets blame a random elbow.
                    Or just the fact that he's over 60, and when you're over 60 unfortunately your body tends to start failing you. Humans weren't originally designed to go much past 40.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Yeah, the novelty Jericho returns have finally worn thin on me. Dude still gets a pop though, and I gotta give WWE credit, it was kept under wraps until the last possible moment.

I heard I missed a pretty good RAW show though.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

They have so few entertaining babyfaces that I'll take Jericho's return for a dew months.

It's incredible STILL how they've managed to essentially handle Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose perfectly since the breakup. Would be great if all 3 can become main event level guys over the next year.

Swagger/Rusev is fresh and can't wait.

Sick of Sheamus.

Sick of suicide dives.

Sick of battle royals.

AJs return was cool.

HHH mocking thugonomics Cena at the start was hilarious.

1 thing, will they explain why they decided to include Reigns in the title match? Better not lead to Reigns turning.

Comment

• kmanharris
                          Seven
                          • Oct 2008

Was there last night.

Opening segment was decent and turned good once HHH mocked Cena.

The crowd was SO LOUD when we chanted "We the people." It was awesome.

Kofi pinning Cesaro clean was a surprise but I read they didn't show it on TV to promote the app or some shit.

Crowd was super loud for AJ.

The Wyatt entrance is fantastic, especially when it goes completely dark and everyone uses their phones. The whole arena was lit up.

When Jericho's music hit the place went nuts. It was awesome.

Ambrose coming out to beat Rollins' ass was fantastic. And the Reigns spear was great. Crowd was pretty into it all night.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Emma arrested and released for larceny at a Walmart in Hartford. Said to be a small item...that she took.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

A cell phone case of all things.........very small time.

At least Jericho is on the Australia tour, and will figure into plans through Night of Champions. At least when he returns, he's performing almost every night.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                                No longer a noob
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                                They have so few entertaining babyfaces that I'll take Jericho's return for a dew months.

It's incredible STILL how they've managed to essentially handle Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose perfectly since the breakup. Would be great if all 3 can become main event level guys over the next year.

Swagger/Rusev is fresh and can't wait.

Sick of Sheamus.

Sick of suicide dives.

Sick of battle royals.

AJs return was cool.

HHH mocking thugonomics Cena at the start was hilarious.

1 thing, will they explain why they decided to include Reigns in the title match? Better not lead to Reigns turning.
                                Reigns won't turn. He's got too much momentum. They want him as a monster face ala Rock or Cena.

The split has been handled very, very well. Rollins is still featured heavily and has the briefcase. Ambrose is still white hot with the crowd. And Reigns is still made to look like a million bucks in everything he's in until he inevitably gets the belt.

Sucks about Barrett. He was on the roll of his career the last 6 months. The crowd loved him, his finisher was over, and he was positioned really well for the future. Now, he could o the way of theZiggler

What a difference between the two ladder matches. One had pretty much all of the top workers on the main roster and the other had....well, some big guys that are constantly pushed. One of the most boring ladder matches ever after an especially solid, fun MITB match before Kane shenanigans. Why doesn't Kofi ever get anywhere in these things? I feel like they should throw him a bone, at least as like one of the last 2/3 left in the Rumble one year. They could sell it off as him excelling in "these types of matches". The crowd likes him and always looks forward to his spots in those matches. Why not reward him in place of an Orton or Cena and their token Rumble advancing?

Comment

Working...