X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
    I agree with that. WWE doesn't do any massive build up anymore. No 6-7 month long build up to a dream match we have wanted to see. It just seems as if they are running through the paces, finished No Way Out and got into Wrestlemania gear and started storylines for that. Hell look at the Cena/Edge/Show angle. It is just horrible I think for a Wrestlemania 25 main event match. The best they could come up with is Show and Vickie having some behind Edge fun, and Cena finds out and uses it as blackmail? Seriously WWE? This is your idea for Edge and Cena? -sigh-
    One of the great weaknesses of the contemporary WWE style of booking is exactly that lack of long-term booking and storyline development. Its like they are unable to look beyond the next two months at any given point. For fans who grew up watching more standard booking, its just hard to to take. I mean, for as much as WCW did wrong, Bischoff managed to spend an entire year building up Hogan versus Sting... Now the match ended up sucking, but still, that's incredible booking restraint.

I guess the biggest issue I have is that WM feels moreso like any other PPV now.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

BTW, TNA had their Destination X pay per view last night. Hopefully no one actually paid money to see it. I watched a few bits of it and it was brutal. Seriously, amongst the worst wrestling PPVs possible.

Its a crime how much TNA has killed off Samoa Joe. He used to be one of the best guys out there and now he's just... bleh. He just came back from some time off looking out shape, with a horrible new look. The whole Nation of Violence gimmick is terrible, especially the bit about having a machete. Using weapons like that crosses a line that mainstream wrestling should not cross. They had a post-match angle where Joe supposedly chased down Steiner, then they show him in the parking lot with blood on the machete... One of the worst and most tasteless segments I've seen in years, to be honest.

The Beer Money Inc versus Team 3-D was hyped up as titles-versus-careers, then has two stupid two endings.

The X Division match was not that great. The pre-match promos were longer than the match, I think. I don't TNA's need to fill up a PPV with promos like they're still trying to sell the PPV... People have bought it already!

The main event... Uhh... I'll just say that they had about fifteen minutes of pre-match promos for a 13 minute match that had a brutal ending. Poorly worked and not really exciting.

I don't see how TNA expect events like this to retain fans, let alone create new ones.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Haven't seen the newer Samoa Joe stuff but then again, Joe hasn't been on TV in forever...

As for the poor booking decisions, it's easy to see that the old guys in the back are running shit.

Booker needs to retire because he's going nowhere in a feud with AJ Styles, a guy who should be in the Main Event Picture now.

Nash either needs to manage or GTFO if he doesn't want to book the younger guys who actually can still wrestle into high-profile matches.

Sting... just needs to retire.

Angle will probably need to be injured legit to be put out of the ring

Steiner is dead for all intensive booking purposes now so it doesn't matter.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Its really ironic, when you think about it... The entire Main Event Mafia except Angle was there when WCW was falling apart in the late 90s. Jarrett, too. Yet they are making many of the same mistakes that the WCW did.

I thought the point of the whole MEM storyline would be elevate some of the younger guys. So far, nada. Styles is still below here he has been in the past with TNA.

I recently read the "Death of the WCW" book, which is pretty facinating for anyone wrestling fan. The role that guys like Hogan and Nash played in the whole downfall was huge. And yet here they are again... I doubt Nash has the same level of control he did in WCW, where he was booking things for awhile.

As for Samoa Joe, its like they are trying to get him back to the 2005-2007 period, where he legitimately came across as a dangerous guy. Except they went a wee bit too far. Instead of being a silent but deady monster Samoan machine, he's a machete-wielding maniac killer with a fake face tatoo...

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by I0I HaVoK I0I
            I remember watching TNA on fox sports net and it was fun but now it's just so hard to watch they don't use there wrestlers right. Sometimes i think i can write a better show than russo
            You probably aren't wrong. Far too often, I just end up wondering what the hell TNA was trying to accomplish...

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

LOL so Vicki Guererro is cheating on Edge with Big Show? I know I missed that last week but damn thats hilarious. Could they come up with any worse a storyline for a Wrestlemania? I really despise how Wrestlemania is being treated like an In Your House PPV this year. Gonna be a LAME event.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                Redsox
                • Oct 2008

hopefully the ppv after wrestlemania had good matches. I got tickets to that so I hope it is worth it.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                  Beautiful Like Moses
                  • Oct 2008

I dont think theres any way this years PPV looks better than last years. And I cant believe you're really sold on Triple H/Orton being better than Taker/Edge. Taker/Edge admitted they could've put on a better match, but it was a pretty solid one no doubt. HHH/Orton have very boring matches from an in-ring perspective.

Comment

• BigBiss
                    • Mar 2009

Sup kiddos

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                      Sup kiddos
                      Glad to see you made it over here, Biss.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BigBiss
                        Sup kiddos
                        Biss in the hizzouse!

Here's hoping he can regal us with tales of meeting some of the best in the young Japan wrestling scene today...

If anything, I think he's met Masada before so that's by all means awesome in my book.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qBZM46lqEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qBZM46lqEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                        Why is Masada awesome? He hits you in the fucking face with fire...

Comment

• Pills
                          Go Blue!
                          • Mar 2009

I was wondering WTF happened to everyone...
                          UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                            Beautiful Like Moses
                            • Oct 2008

Bob Kuzzy leads the heard..

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
                              Biss in the hizzouse!

Here's hoping he can regal us with tales of meeting some of the best in the young Japan wrestling scene today...

If anything, I think he's met Masada before so that's by all means awesome in my book.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qBZM46lqEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qBZM46lqEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              Why is Masada awesome? He hits you in the fucking face with fire...
                              Umm, thats fucking insane.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                                Umm, thats fucking insane.
                                Not that there's much that can top hitting another man in the face with you own immolating hand, but there's been worse in the realm of "wrestling."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Y3nu9tk_Ns&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Y3nu9tk_Ns&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                                Take "Sick" Nick Mondo's path in pro wrestling...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDL-XKh-MLU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDL-XKh-MLU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgW2AetbqS8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KgW2AetbqS8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                                ...or Ric Flair fucking up the Big Show when the ECW Title actually still meant something.

Both equally brutal but with the same premise of annihilating the other guy by any means necessary.

Comment

Working...