X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigpapa42
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
    Yeah Black would be ok, im not big on the fact that he cant talk. But hes danm entertianing once he gets in the ring.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYUgn77Mpzk[/media]

him vs Jimmy
    I'm just guessing Black because I'm not sure who else they have in a position to take the belt off of Lynn. I can't imagine Lynn would have a long run. Unless they build up Danielson a bit quickly again and make him the first two-time ROH champion? I watched the last shoot video with Saplosky and he said Black was going to be his next champion - I know he's gone, but it does make some sense.

Nice match.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
      Formerly ravensownall17
      • Feb 2009

I scored free tickets to TNA Lockdown with a meet and greet with TNA wrestlers prior to the show. I'm stoked, even though the show will probably be godawful, it will totally be worth it to meet some of the TNA talent...Velvet and Angelina especially

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Sounds like Flair had to get a bunch of stitches after that. The camera to the face busted him open pretty good. Don't know if he bladed initially or was bleeding the hard way, but he was bleeding a lot after the camera shot.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Flair was opened up hardway, at least that's how I saw it. It's not like his forehead is too difficult to open up. lol

I'm still not anticipating the Piper/Snuka/Steamboat v. Jericho WM match. If it were Steamboat by his lonesome, then sure, but what the hell are Piper/Snuka going to add to it? (this coming from a huge Piper fan)

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
            Flair was opened up hardway, at least that's how I saw it. It's not like his forehead is too difficult to open up. lol

I'm still not anticipating the Piper/Snuka/Steamboat v. Jericho WM match. If it were Steamboat by his lonesome, then sure, but what the hell are Piper/Snuka going to add to it? (this coming from a huge Piper fan)
            I may have already said this, but if I didn't have tickets and plans months ago, the card of this WM would not be inspiring me to go to Houston. We've got one match that's almost certain to be entertaining, which is Undertaker-Michaels. Another which has had a good buildup and should be at least a solid match, but has been so many times before in Triple H-Orton. The Hardy's match could go any direction, as could the Cena-Edge-Big Show match. The Divas battle royal will be a cluster fuck but at least fun to look at. The MITB match has potential, but I just don't get why guys like Kane and Mark Henry are in there - I just see the working out badly.

As for the Jericho match, I can't see it being anything more than painful to watch. There's only one possibly outcome, which is legends winning and Jericho getting a "lesson". Which is going to be awesome, because its going to make one of the WWE's best heels look like ass, getting beat up by a bunch of geriatrics. Good booking, E.

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

I have this awful image in my head of Jericho getting his ass kicked by Steamboat/Piper/Snuka (Snuka can barely move at all), then Flair coming in and locking on the figure four....then Mickey Rourke of all people hitting him with a punch for the pinfall.

Rourke is so yesterday lol

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                I have this awful image in my head of Jericho getting his ass kicked by Steamboat/Piper/Snuka (Snuka can barely move at all), then Flair coming in and locking on the figure four....then Mickey Rourke of all people hitting him with a punch for the pinfall.

Rourke is so yesterday lol
                Its a "feel good" angle that's a big waste of time and has no good end game. Jericho can't win or he looks "right" and the fans would hate that. He loses, even if its 5-on-1, and he looks like a joke. This isn't some midcard guy - he's a main event heel who was the best worker in the company in 2008, a champion for part of the year, and had the main storyline through the summer and fall.

My guess is that after the legends get the win, Flair gets revenge with a figure four, then Rourke does his diving headbutt. What a fucking waste of Chris Jericho.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                  I scored free tickets to TNA Lockdown with a meet and greet with TNA wrestlers prior to the show. I'm stoked, even though the show will probably be godawful, it will totally be worth it to meet some of the TNA talent...Velvet and Angelina especially
                  <== This guy = Jealous.

ADDENDUM on the subject of Jericho vs. The WWE Legends:

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                    I'm just guessing Black because I'm not sure who else they have in a position to take the belt off of Lynn. I can't imagine Lynn would have a long run. Unless they build up Danielson a bit quickly again and make him the first two-time ROH champion? I watched the last shoot video with Saplosky and he said Black was going to be his next champion - I know he's gone, but it does make some sense.

Nice match.
                    Sapolsky had Black pegged as his next champ from the day he brought him into ROH. Same goes for McGuinness, who was told almost two years prior that he would be champion. Sapolsky was the last of the old school bookers who actually planned things out further than next week.

They may give Lynn a short transition run, but at the end of the day, Black will be champ. Houston should be interesting next weekend. I can't wait.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Its a "feel good" angle that's a big waste of time and has no good end game. Jericho can't win or he looks "right" and the fans would hate that. He loses, even if its 5-on-1, and he looks like a joke. This isn't some midcard guy - he's a main event heel who was the best worker in the company in 2008, a champion for part of the year, and had the main storyline through the summer and fall.

My guess is that after the legends get the win, Flair gets revenge with a figure four, then Rourke does his diving headbutt. What a fucking waste of Chris Jericho.
                      Jericho can always cheat though... not in the "har har, wink wink-nudge nudge" way that we expect from Flair or Piper but in a heel way.

...Jericho has to lose though for this feud to pay off though, unless Flair can finagle a trade up for three of his dudes for a mystery opponent of their choosing.

Jericho agrees thinking that the odds will be in his favor seeing as it's a one-on-one match then and then we get the rumored Jericho/Austin match we've heard about for weeks.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Sapolsky had Black pegged as his next champ from the day he brought him into ROH. Same goes for McGuinness, who was told almost two years prior that he would be champion. Sapolsky was the last of the old school bookers who actually planned things out further than next week.

They may give Lynn a short transition run, but at the end of the day, Black will be champ. Houston should be interesting next weekend. I can't wait.
                        I wonder if McGuiness is in as bad a shape as the rumors say. We could see a title change next weekend if its true.

Really looking forward to getting to see KENTA and Nakajima. And Danielson and Koslov. And sorta wanting to see WM... Sorta...

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
                        Jericho can always cheat though... not in the "har har, wink wink-nudge nudge" way that we expect from Flair or Piper but in a heel way.

...Jericho has to lose though for this feud to pay off though, unless Flair can finagle a trade up for three of his dudes for a mystery opponent of their choosing.

Jericho agrees thinking that the odds will be in his favor seeing as it's a one-on-one match then and then we get the rumored Jericho/Austin match we've heard about for weeks.
                        Even if Jericho cheats to win, he's still winning. Its still justifying everything he's been claiming. Its only be a good idea if they were setting up another match, as you said. From what I've heard, though, the WWE doesn't have Flair booked beyond WM. So that chances of the storyline continuing seem slim.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

Even if Jericho cheats to win, he's still winning. Its still justifying everything he's been claiming. Its only be a good idea if they were setting up another match, as you said. From what I've heard, though, the WWE doesn't have Flair booked beyond WM. So that chances of the storyline continuing seem slim.
                          My thought is why not when it comes to proving Jericho right?

It's shitty to think about when most older fans (and I came in a little before Undertaker fighting bums like Giant Gonzales...) fondly remember Piper and Snuka and Flair paving the way for all the guys we see today BUT...

Honestly, this feud is for all us Old-Heads and those who've went back and caught up on the old-school matches.

All the new fans are about Jeff Hardy and Cena fighting the bad guys; and even worse, there's a section of fans missing from the "WWF Attitude" days that have moved on from watching wrestling so we don't even have The Rock fans anymore really.

I'd fear more about that then Jericho pinning a bunch of old guys looking for a paycheck...

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                            Beautiful Like Moses
                            • Oct 2008

What a fucking waste of Chris Jericho.
                            Thats what ive been saying.. what an insult to your best performer at the biggest stage of the year.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                              Thats what ive been saying.. what an insult to your best performer at the biggest stage of the year.
                              Have we pretty much all accepted the fact that Jericho will likely get his ass kicked? Badly. Just so we can have a "Woo" fest with JR raving about the legends of past.

What a shame.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• BigBiss
                                • Mar 2009

Any one keeping up with King of Trios?

Besides my boys from st louis laying a egg looks like a pretty epic weekend.

Comment

Working...