X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j-dawg
    Well Stevie did rough up Abyss last night, that was funny as hell.

Samao Joe is going back to his Samoan roots with the tat, and his machete is due to him being a one man nation of violence.

Oh, and Daffney was the woman playing Sarah Palin a few months back when she was with the Beautiful People.
    She still doing the Palin schtick?

One Man Nation of Violence?...he trying to be Taz all of a sudden?

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Well, Lynn beat Nigel to win the ROH World belt.

I didn't see the match but this was pretty damn predictable (even w/ Nigel's injury). Oh well, Lynn w/ the Gibson title run should be some kind of fun.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

Just got back from the ROH show. Saw Biss there, but not W2BTD. Good show.

The top rope broke during the Kevin Steen, Jay Briscoe, & Magno vs. Chris Hero, Eddie Edwards, & Incognito match. Right near the start of the match. which really screwed things up for the luchadore guys, but they actually worked through it and made it pretty cool.

The Strong-Nakajima was really good, and Richards-KENTA was even better.

Figured they had to have McGuiness drop the belt to Lynn at this show, given the rumors about how bad his biceps are. He did look to be in some serious pain. It was pretty cool to see the ROH belt change hands. I'm not sure they really had any choice in having him drop the belt here.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Frist off a big FU to the ROHbots that are craping on the Lynn title win. "there are people that deserve it more" crap, Jerry earned that title befor ROH ran there first show. Also im amazed at the D'Lo hate? really he was Christan Cage befor Christan was Christan Cage,

but now that that venting is out, weekend was awesome , no one in the united states workes harder then the ROH student, i will just leave it at that. my back hurts im going to bed now.

Comment

• bringbackjimmy
            • Oct 2008

Things they need to bring back to make wwe work.

1.Managers-That way you can build up stars that have all the talent in the world, but with no mic skills.
            2.Stables-The heenan family, hart foundation, DX, the corporation, money inc. all had great success. now all we have is legacy which is orton and a ugly duckling of the rhodes family.
            3.get rid of Triple H isn't he divorced in real life from Stephanie? cant we end his ego trip and have him start putting over the younger talent...

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
              Frist off a big FU to the ROHbots that are craping on the Lynn title win. "there are people that deserve it more" crap, Jerry earned that title befor ROH ran there first show.
              If people are crapping on Lynn as champion, that's dumb. I have no issue with the guy (he's still great) but just the predictability of the situation. Guess they felt they were backed into a corner with Nigel's injuries.

Originally posted by bringbackjimmy
              3.get rid of Triple H isn't he divorced in real life from Stephanie? cant we end his ego trip and have him start putting over the younger talent...
              Nope, Hunter and Steph are married & have two kids.

Comment

• bringbackjimmy
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                If people are crapping on Lynn as champion, that's dumb. I have no issue with the guy (he's still great) but just the predictability of the situation. Guess they felt they were backed into a corner with Nigel's injuries.

Nope, Hunter and Steph are married & have two kids.
                I thought i heard they got a divorce....oh well i have been wrong before...

Comment

• BigBiss
                  • Mar 2009

How awesome was that tag match

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

How awesome was that tag match
                    It was decent until the false finish with Miz holding onto the ropes as Carlito went for the 'Backstabber' and the fuck-awful botch of the reversal into the 'Backstabber' for the win.

I will say that the LOL-worthy beatdown Morrison got from all the lumberjacks was great... Cole and King got it right when they said that Miz/Morrison had no friends.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
                      It was decent until the false finish with Miz holding onto the ropes as Carlito went for the 'Backstabber' and the fuck-awful botch of the reversal into the 'Backstabber' for the win.

I will say that the LOL-worthy beatdown Morrison got from all the lumberjacks was great... Cole and King got it right when they said that Miz/Morrison had no friends.
                      meh 99% wwe matches would have ended there, it was good to see a good false finish on TV agian at that point in the show

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

meh 99% wwe matches would have ended there, it was good to see a good false finish on TV agian at that point in the show
                        What pisses me off is that after Uncle Vince took what should have been one of the more important title matches off of the WrestleMania card, he decided to have the match again for free on TV.

My mode of thinking is: Either have the real match on RAW for all the TV Viewers to enjoy or leave the match as is on the PPV and make it that much more special.

Small tidbit but it was more than awkward seeing Matt Hardy tag in Edge like it was nothing... I guess being a heel would blur any feud line from the past if it included another heel.
                        Last edited by JayDizzle; 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

If Steamboat stays out of the ring, this was an awesome weekend.

If not, we'll see.

Cole's crackling voice is reason #1,231,751 why he sucks.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by j-dawg
                            That and the fact that the WWE seems to have selective memory. King said tonight that Gail Kim was newcomer to Raw.

I'm just surprised they don't put Christian and Jeff together against Matt and Edge.
                            Selective Memory works if both members of a feud concede to the idea that it would be better to leave their history out of the precedings...

That's why it was awkward when Kane brought up the Katie Vick angle with Triple H when they were on the same team during Survivor Series.

No one cared if they hadn't heard of it and for those of us who witnessed it, it was cringeworthy.

As for Jeff/Christian vs. Matt/Edge... it would be worth it if Christian had won the Money in the Bank last night and Edge retained.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                              If Steamboat stays out of the ring, this was an awesome weekend.
                              Steamboat being back AND being able to still go in the ring made the Legends Match last night so if he doesn't stick around after tonight, I'd be a little sad.

...and in need of getting a Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat boxed set.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                                Let's Go All The Way...
                                • Nov 2008

Thank you for giving away the finish to the Backlash 6-Man Tag with Legacy versus The McMahons, Vickie.

"Randy Orton gets Triple H's Title if any of his team members (or him) get a pinfall/submission at Backlash..."

I almost feel bad for watching so much wrestling to know when a stipulation will determine the finish and knowing said finish weeks in advance.

From another forum:
                                I may have to stop watching Raw.
                                LOL
                                Last edited by JayDizzle; 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...