X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Larry
    W2B should be wearing an old faded Isaac Bruce jersey with his stained up Rams hat and his girl should be lethargic and fans herself with a newspaper. I'm not sure if he still has the long hair or not, but he definitely might.
    Dude, for THE LAST TIME, i'm NOT the long haired "Isaac Bruce" ECW guy!

I used to sit on the opposite side of the building as that guy-behind the "Kato Kalin" guy, up on the bleachers. Isaac Bruce sat on the same side as the Howard Stern guy, Straw Hat guy, and Sign guy.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      What a crazy last few weeks I had...I went to:

-Both nights of the first ROH on HDNet tapings in Philly
      -Night one of the CHIKARA King Of Trios in Philly
      -ROH 7th Anniversary in NYC
      -ROH "Supercard of Honor" in Houston

I saw Biss walking around at the Houston show, but never managed to introduce myself. Didn't see bpapa, even though he promised to be easy to spot.

The KENTA/Davey Richards match would have been a MOTY contender if it didn't have that weird (botched?) finish. KENTA is KENTA, but Davey really has come into his own. He's one of the 10 best wrestlers in the world IMO.

Now that I live in Texas, looks like no more ROH shows for me. It was great living in Jersey, right between Philly & NYC...so easy to hit up all the major ROH shows & lots of other indy's.

Biss, you gotta help me out with the Texas scene. I'm in Bryan/College Station, right near A&M. Hit me up with ANYTHING within a 2 hour drive or so...any Lucha come up this far north?
      I thought I was easy to spot... Biss found me. Ah well.

I loved the ROH show on Friday. Better than WM or Raw by far, in terms of the wrestling. I loved the KENTA-Richards match. Easily the best match I've ever seen, though I did really like the HBK-Undertaker match at WM.

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        What a crazy last few weeks I had...I went to:

-Both nights of the first ROH on HDNet tapings in Philly
        -Night one of the CHIKARA King Of Trios in Philly
        -ROH 7th Anniversary in NYC
        -ROH "Supercard of Honor" in Houston

I saw Biss walking around at the Houston show, but never managed to introduce myself. Didn't see bpapa, even though he promised to be easy to spot.

The KENTA/Davey Richards match would have been a MOTY contender if it didn't have that weird (botched?) finish. KENTA is KENTA, but Davey really has come into his own. He's one of the 10 best wrestlers in the world IMO.

Now that I live in Texas, looks like no more ROH shows for me. It was great living in Jersey, right between Philly & NYC...so easy to hit up all the major ROH shows & lots of other indy's.

Biss, you gotta help me out with the Texas scene. I'm in Bryan/College Station, right near A&M. Hit me up with ANYTHING within a 2 hour drive or so...any Lucha come up this far north?
        unless its El Paso you dont want Texas Lucha.

Kemp Texas is the closes show to you but your going to be far from what your use to.

How far is Austin? we may be your best hope. every one in texas is hung up on being the next WCCW... and that ship has sailed.

Did you catch the pre show matches? id be interested in what you thought.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          I thought I was easy to spot... Biss found me. Ah well.

I loved the ROH show on Friday. Better than WM or Raw by far, in terms of the wrestling. I loved the KENTA-Richards match. Easily the best match I've ever seen, though I did really like the HBK-Undertaker match at WM.
          night 1 was alot better then night 2, but our guys got a pre show night 2 and even Don Juan and Dalton made up for there horrible showing on night 1

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
            I think I'm about to jump through my computer screen and rip your Krusty the Clown hair out, Biss.
            Eve is beautiful and Maryse has a ton of charisma and is the Curt Hennig of ladies wrestlers. :D
            you just ripped my heart out Dave.

Do you ever watch shimmer and as a canuck what are your thoughts on nattie

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BigBiss
              you just ripped my heart out Dave.

Do you ever watch shimmer and as a canuck what are your thoughts on nattie
              To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Nattie.

Same facial expressions all the time and just not attractive enough to be a top WWE diva.

I'm sorry, but it matters.

When Maryse is in the ring and wearing white gear (yes white gear), I can't take my eyes off her. And I like her arrogance (sorry Rick Martel). It works on a WWE level.

Nattie/Natalya Neidhart bores me. Same evil laugh/smile as her dad, but 1/10th the charisma.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
                To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Nattie.

Same facial expressions all the time and just not attractive enough to be a top WWE diva.

I'm sorry, but it matters.

When Maryse is in the ring and wearing white gear (yes white gear), I can't take my eyes off her. And I like her arrogance (sorry Rick Martel). It works on a WWE level.

Nattie/Natalya Neidhart bores me. Same evil laugh/smile as her dad, but 1/10th the charisma.
                Thats cool, i guess im to much of a wrestling purest, I really dont understand why natural valets have to be wrestlers, both are god awful fundamentally, Thrish and Malena seem to be the only models that have really learned to work.

Hot chicks can still Valet and be on TV , do photo shoots the whole nine yards, leave the wrestling to Beth,Mickie,Malina,Nattie,Gail ... that crowd.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

unless its El Paso you dont want Texas Lucha.

Kemp Texas is the closes show to you but your going to be far from what your use to.

How far is Austin? we may be your best hope. every one in texas is hung up on being the next WCCW... and that ship has sailed.

Did you catch the pre show matches? id be interested in what you thought.
                  I saw the Bushwhacker Luke/Grizzly Redwood vs. the two locals night 1.

Pretty hard to judge based on their opponents. All Redwood does is the chop gimmick, and Luke is 100 years old and can barely move.

No Larry Sweeney was hard to accept. He was in Houston, I saw him hanging around outside. Hope he gets his problems worked out.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Thats cool, i guess im to much of a wrestling purest, I really dont understand why natural valets have to be wrestlers, both are god awful fundamentally, Thrish and Malena seem to be the only models that have really learned to work.

Hot chicks can still Valet and be on TV , do photo shoots the whole nine yards, leave the wrestling to Beth,Mickie,Malina,Nattie,Gail ... that crowd.
                    I don't know that its being a snobby wrestling purist. I don't consider myself such, and I feel pretty much the same. Yeah, its nice having the Divas around as eye candy, though its much less appealing now that the WWE is entirely PG. But I don't get why that eye candy has to be in the ring. Let the ones who actually have the skills to wrestle wrestle. The rest should be valets and interviewers.

I've seen enough Shimmer and such to know that there are womens wrestlers out there with a ton of talent who can really work a match. A lot of them don't look like models and that's why they will never get into the WWE as things currently stand. But honestly, I'd rather see those kind of womens wrestlers in the WWE than some pretty attractive (with the exception of Maryse and Kelly Kelly, I don't find most of the Diva's exceptionally attractive) ladies who can't really wrestler at all.

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

Manpig Films Press Release

Manpig Film is proud to announce Squared Circle Dreams has secured world wide TV distribution and has been turned into a Reality/Documentary TV Series for the 2009/2010 TV seasons. Squared Circle Dreams Season 1 will contain 8 episodes and features Anarchy Championship Wrestling.

U.S. and Foreign TV markets to be announced.

Thank you

Jonathan Thomas
                      Director/Producer
                      Manpig Films

Squared Circle Dreams Opening Credits

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_FVAUkFLnU&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Comment

• Liquidrob
                        Izzy is a bum
                        • Feb 2009

You dorks will really like this

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzk66VwinCc&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzk66VwinCc&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
                        Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• calgaryballer
                          Tiote!
                          • Mar 2009

I always look forward to hilarity when Rob enters the wrestling thread. Disappointed this time...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                            True Blue
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                            You dorks will really like this

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzk66VwinCc&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzk66VwinCc&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
                            ^ where in the hell is bob sapps powerbomb on noguiera ?

Comment

• Liquidrob
                              Izzy is a bum
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost56
                              ^ where in the hell is bob sapps powerbomb on noguiera ?
                              <object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzXzf8eogWM&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzXzf8eogWM&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2= 0x999999&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Comment

• Liquidrob
                                Izzy is a bum
                                • Feb 2009

greatest vid ever?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTYN36ipBgU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTYN36ipBgU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...