X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by young2rice
    So Gabe has been talking about a partnership for Dragon Gate USA with another US wrestling company.

Then on his twitter mentioned he was visiting CHIKARA..

writings on the wall, looks like Dragon Gate USA + CHIKARA =
    Thats a done deal, i dont think im breaking anything, pretty sure chikara put out a press release. there will be a 4 on 4 chikara showcase at the first philly show.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
      Thats a done deal, i dont think im breaking anything, pretty sure chikara put out a press release. there will be a 4 on 4 chikara showcase at the first philly show.
      I think it's acually 5 on 5, but either way, CHIKARA is a good fit.

Also, 2 Cold Scorpio and Nick & Matt Jackson announced. I figured the Jackson's would be iinvolved it this because they've been DG semi-regulars for a while now...bugt I haven't seen 2 Cold since his run in NOAH several years back.

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        I think it's acually 5 on 5, but either way, CHIKARA is a good fit.

Also, 2 Cold Scorpio and Nick & Matt Jackson announced. I figured the Jackson's would be iinvolved it this because they've been DG semi-regulars for a while now...bugt I haven't seen 2 Cold since his run in NOAH several years back.
        I figured Cannon would be a shoe in as well but gabe might be the reason there.

hows CS get any Howddys yet?

you should deffently come down for the next 6th street show they are quite wild.

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Imahussla
          LMFAO at you being so hurt by this LOL
          I fully suspect that Cena will have a guest spot in the new Terminator movie coming out... I know that if I were slammed into a searchlight by a 400/500+ pound man, I wouldn't get out of bed for a week.

...then again, if were a pro wrestler, my ass wouldn't see the light of day out of jobbing for greenhorns and old guys like "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan so...

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle04
            I fully suspect that Cena will have a guest spot in the new Terminator movie coming out... I know that if I were slammed into a searchlight by a 400/500+ pound man, I wouldn't get out of bed for a week.

...then again, if were a pro wrestler, my ass wouldn't see the light of day out of jobbing for greenhorns and old guys like "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan so...
            Not if you buy the Belt and the Ring.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

So gay, but this is a great twitter page to follow the shimmer tappings

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                Cena is their great cash cow. He moves so much merchandise that it's ridiculous. He's on the level of Hogan and Austin in that regard, apparently. The kids love him. So he gets to look like Superman. He is almost as protected by the booking as Triple H is... Almost...
                Still though, it does him no good to almost NEVER get hurt. You have to show some type of ill effects.

That reminds me of the time when Stone Cold picked up HHH's car at maybe Survivor Series 99 and dropped it from like 40 feet and he was on TV Monday with a band-aid on his nose.

You have to have some percieved notion that guys are getting hurt, in fact it would help his character even more. If fans felt that Edge took Cena away from them for a few weeks, he would be more hated and when Cena eventually comes back it'll feel like they finally got their guy back.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• bringbackjimmy
                  • Oct 2008

cena did need a ref to take him out there and it wasn't like he was running down the ramp and giving the big show the FU err the attitude adjustment. All he did was stand swaying back in forth and looked at the big show....

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                    Still though, it does him no good to almost NEVER get hurt. You have to show some type of ill effects.

That reminds me of the time when Stone Cold picked up HHH's car at maybe Survivor Series 99 and dropped it from like 40 feet and he was on TV Monday with a band-aid on his nose.

You have to have some percieved notion that guys are getting hurt, in fact it would help his character even more. If fans felt that Edge took Cena away from them for a few weeks, he would be more hated and when Cena eventually comes back it'll feel like they finally got their guy back.
                    I am plenty critical of a lot of the WWE does at this point, but I didn't have any real issue with that. They sold that Cena was injured. He didn't respond to The Miz's challenge and played up barely being able to stand. He didn't attack or directly confront The Big Show. I think they sold that he was messed up decently well. Would keeping him off air sell it more? Maybe. Depends on how they bring him back and where they are going with it...

Comment

• BigBiss
                      • Mar 2009

In the words of Randy the Ram

me doing my thing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-_UADXAcaQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

So Biss - do you think Danielson could actually get over in the WWE? I mean, he's obviously very skillful, but working the WWE style would mean cutting back on things? And while he has the charisma to work smaller crowds, would he get over with the WWE fans who have no idea of his previous work and most of whom probably don't care...?

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                          So Biss - do you think Danielson could actually get over in the WWE? I mean, he's obviously very skillful, but working the WWE style would mean cutting back on things? And while he has the charisma to work smaller crowds, would he get over with the WWE fans who have no idea of his previous work and most of whom probably don't care...?
                          I think he could make it to a IC Title level. lack of mike skills will keep him from that top level. you emention the small crowd charisma wicth effects alot of indy guys, CM Punk made it work others have not. That could be what killed him. He would be best brought in like WCW brought in Beniot, they have to tell the fan base that he is a big deal and a great wrestler.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

For those of us cheapskates that watch PPVs illegally... Big Brother Vince is Watching:

Originally posted by 411Wrestling, by PWinsider
                            WWE Legal has become very aware of illegal stream on sites like Justin.TV. The company plans to attack the sites and shut down illegal PPV feeds. They will treat all sites like Justin.TV like they have people posting copyrighted material on YouTube
                            Time to hit up those VSN Pirate channels... ;)

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

Sports leagues have been saying that for a while now. And every day, I can still go and find feeds for nearly anything I want on JTV and numerous other sites. For every one they shutdown, another 5 will spring up to replace it

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

They've actually done a pretty solid job of eliminating feeds as of late, particularly the NBA during the playoffs, and UFC during their PPVs. Still never have had trouble with WWE PPVs tho, when I do occasionally tune in.

Comment

Working...