X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBiss
    • Mar 2009

free wraslin and I helped

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr-zbV01xxU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ACW Internet Exclusive Match: ACH vs JC Bravo (9-25-09)[/ame]

Comment

• RKO BLACK RKO
      i did it 4 the YAWK
      • Feb 2009

Matt Morgan and Hernandez cut some of the worse promos ever...

and Tna sure does fit ALOT of shit into 2 hours lolol

Comment

• BigBiss
        • Mar 2009

The single greatest thing I ever directed is on this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRRieXMZxlw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ACW Exclusive Interview Reel: September 25th 2009[/ame]

Comment

• Derrville
          Dallas has no coaching...
          • Jul 2009

Ok I didnt watch the last 20 or so mins. So new thoughts.

MEM VS WE seems to be in the works.
          Eric Young is a great heel and im glad hes being pushed.
          Pope vs Suicide street match was awesome.
          Devon vs Rhino would have been better if it lasted longer. Both were busted open.
          Knockouts tag team match was good womens wrestling
          Nash, MCMG, Lethal Consequences are all funny.
          Matt Morgan makes Henandez look small.
          AJ Styles vs Sting announced at BFG. Stings last match. Emotional. Sad. Respectful.
          Morgan and Hernadez vs Angle and Young should have lasted longer.
          Sarita attacking Hamada in a empty iMPACT zone was fun to watch.
          Steven Richards/Nash fued is set which i dont mind at all.
          Bobby Lashley looked nice in the ring.
          Foley might have turned heel tonight, hopefully bringing back Monster Abyss.

8/10

Total Wrestling time was between 35-45 mins.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

I'm curious about the push that TNA is giving Bobby Lashley. Whether its actually a good idea or not. The upsides are pretty obvious - great look, believably dangerous, etc. However, trying to push him to be a new star seems like it could backfire on them. If Lashley is serious about his MMA career, then he is likely to have to give up pro wrestling at some point. Assuming he aspires to become part of the UFC at point, then there is no way he can do both - the UFC would not allow it. Other organizations might, but not the UFC. So its conceivable - perhaps even likely - that TNA could build Lashley into one of their main stars, then see him walk away... Not too different from what happened to the E with Brock Lesnar. Curious on other people's thoughts on this...

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
              I'm curious about the push that TNA is giving Bobby Lashley. Whether its actually a good idea or not. The upsides are pretty obvious - great look, believably dangerous, etc. However, trying to push him to be a new star seems like it could backfire on them. If Lashley is serious about his MMA career, then he is likely to have to give up pro wrestling at some point. Assuming he aspires to become part of the UFC at point, then there is no way he can do both - the UFC would not allow it. Other organizations might, but not the UFC. So its conceivable - perhaps even likely - that TNA could build Lashley into one of their main stars, then see him walk away... Not too different from what happened to the E with Brock Lesnar. Curious on other people's thoughts on this...
              Dixie is all about the cross over market. but its doomed to fail MMA fans will not watch "fake fighting" because of a guy like Lashley. because of what you have pointed out they can never give him a solid run with a belt. as soon as he goes to UFC he will be a former WWE champion so TNA will get no press that way. ever wonder why UFC shows WWE fotage to hype Brock? Footage that is copy righted by vince?

from what i can see it was a knee jerk reaction to bring in a guy that was cool with Kurt and Book

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pe1jNcvNcQ&feature=player_embedded]From the Vault... Trish and the Tables[/ame]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                  The upside to pushing Lashley is *ZERO*.

He was never a draw in the WWE. He wasnt a rating mover, and he wasnt a PPV draw. And this despite McMahon strapping the rocket to his back and giving him the monster push of all monster pushes.

To think TNA, who has never gotten anyone over to any degree (maybe Joe until they killed him dead) as a draw, can do with Lashley what McMahon couldn't is laughable.

It's a great deal for Lashley, because what TNA is doing is giving him TV time to promote his MMA fights...and paying him.

TNA is essentially helping promote fights that they will never make a single dime on. Unless they are getting a cut from his MMA fights, Lashley is just another former WWE "name" getting a push, instead of giving that slot to a homegrown star--which is really what TNA needs to get to the next level.

EDIT: I would use Lashley to put over the Joe's and Hernandez's and Styles' and Morgan's of the world.

"See, our guys are better than those guys!!"

But when has TNA ever done that? They brought in the completely worthless Rikishi and had him beat Robert Roode on TV...and he never had a chance to give Roode his win back, because he walked away before signing a contract. That epitomises TNA...push the former WWE scrubs to the moon, bury your own guys. And then wonder why you are viewed as second rate.
                  Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 09-26-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• RKO BLACK RKO
                    i did it 4 the YAWK
                    • Feb 2009

lol @ the E having to use "super teams" to make there shitty tag team division interesting, and who ever had the bright idea to put EVERY MATCH in a Cell should be fired today...the cell was something sacred back in the day now its a whole fucking PPV why are the E trying to be like TNA with there Lethal Lock Down shit?? and taker is 9-0 in cell matches coming into this 1 with punk does he win & get this month or 2 month run then lose it back to punk again or what?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RKO BLACK RKO
                      lol @ the E having to use "super teams" to make there shitty tag team division interesting, and who ever had the bright idea to put EVERY MATCH in a Cell should be fired today...the cell was something sacred back in the day now its a whole fucking PPV why are the E trying to be like TNA with there Lethal Lock Down shit?? and taker is 9-0 in cell matches coming into this 1 with punk does he win & get this month or 2 month run then lose it back to punk again or what?
                      Vince dosent think tag teams can draw, and should only be used as undercard filler.

The idea is that "superteams" can draw, and give main event caliber guys a role when they arent involved in the title picture.

And yes, HITC themed PPV's will work once or twice, but they will burn out the gimmick. They are searching for anything that can draw these days on the "B" shows.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

They've been able to protect the HIAC as a drawing card but I have little faith that after this show, it will mean anything anymore.

I think it's stupid they are changing most of the B shows into gimmick match themed shows. It's unoriginal.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          They've been able to protect the HIAC as a drawing card but I have little faith that after this show, it will mean anything anymore.

I think it's stupid they are changing most of the B shows into gimmick match themed shows. It's unoriginal.
                          Agreed.

They will pop a few bigger than normal buyrates with this approach, but in the process they will kill the gimmicks.

Penny smart, dollar dumb.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

maybe you should get rid of the B Shows and go back to the big 5 set up.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                              maybe you should get rid of the B Shows and go back to the big 5 set up.
                              Would the increase to the other 4 (WM is it's own animal) surpass or equal the loss of the other 8?

The remaining 4 would defintely increase, no question. Just by how much?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

As a business I think if it was profitable, they would have cut the PPVs significantly a long time ago. Sadly, no luck.

Comment

Working...