X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
    at its worst didnt wCw avg. about 40,000 buys?
    Yeah.

Even ECW peaked close to 100k with a fraction of the star power and weak TV pre TNN, and with competition from two mega companies at the time. TNA has comp from only one mega company, that is doing half the PPV business they were doing when ECW was around.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
      at its worst didnt wCw avg. about 40,000 buys?
      Yeah, but wCw had a monster following, it was a devoted following in the South.

TNA is just a super mark chica with pops money being taken advantage of by all of the old WCW wrestlers that need jobs with hilarious results.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        They tried to push him to the moon, and presented him as this gigantic star, but it just never worked. That's why they always would give up and go back to Flair or Luger.

I'm not saying the guy was a business killer, but he never really moved the needle in those days. He would get big reactions from live crowds, but it never translated.

He had two legitimate periods where he was a difference maker - the one big buyrate with Hogan after the long crow build up, and two, when he first came to TNA he got them over the hump and the ratings went from .8's and .9's to over 1.0, although the PPV's didn't move at all until Angle showed up.
        It couldn't have possibly been because WCW was going through numerous turnover in the creative department ;)

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

WOOOOOOOOOOOT~

HAMADA IS FINALLY BACK ON TV.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
            • Jul 2009

Hamada/Wilde vs. TBP. Holy fuck is this opening match bad. I was excited to finally see Hamada again and I get this shit? Lacey is hot garbage in the ring, but it looked like she's had ZERO training and it is really accentuated when she's forced to go against someone like Hamada (or any half decent wrestler). The entire match was pretty cringeworthy. Having Wilde and Hamada as champions seems to be a pretty odd pair, but they can wrestle and those belts don't really mean shit anyway.

MCMG vs. Beer Money in Ultimate X match. Amazing. Matches like this makes these two hours worth it.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• SHOGUN
              • Jul 2009

A simple question. How in the hell does Pro Wrestling Illustrated come up with their rankings?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Shogun
                A simple question. How in the hell does Pro Wrestling Illustrated come up with their rankings?
                Back in the 80's and 90's, promotions would ask or even pay PWI to feature guys they wanted to push or be precieved as stars. One guy the Apter mags would always push as a monster star on behalf of the promotion was Sting. Another guy was Sabu, who Bill Apter personally loved, so he would give him covers and stories pushing him all the time.

Those year end awards issues were worked. They would give Most Popular to Sting during the hight of Hulkamania, and do other wacky shit based on who kissed there ass the most or paid the most money.

Indy geeks would send in profiles & cash to get on the PWI 500 list, because it was great exposure & abosolute gold for getting booked for the next year.

I read a great story about the inner workings of the Apter mags a few years ago, and it absolutely crushed my childhood memories of those fucking magazines, but alot of it made sense in hindsight.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                  Everything Burns...
                  • Nov 2008

ric flair
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7iRUUzR80&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- ‪Street Fight: Ric Flair vs. Jay Lethal‬‎[/ame]!

Comment

• IamMedellin
                    Everything Burns...
                    • Nov 2008

Jericho on TNA's ECW ppv
                    They got nothing else going on, their booking is horrendous, and I say that with the utmost respect for those guys and I most desire to see them succeed, but it’s crap. You know it’s crap, they throw stuff up against the wall, and it’s so hard to watch when it doesn’t have to be. They’re doing 10,000 buys on Pay-Per-View, so let’s bring back The Sandman & Sabu, and maybe they could do 30,000 buys. Go for it; maybe they can do something out of it. Having a guy like Tommy Dreamer involved behind the scenes might be what they need. Get rid of the same old stuff that they have been doing over & over, and bring in someone with a new perspective, and maybe that will help them get their heads out of there asses and just making some money instead of doing this as sort of a vanity project that’s been treading water for the last four years.”

Comment

• SHOGUN
                      • Jul 2009

Soooo the one TNA card I'd be willing to drop money on is going to be given away on TV for free to play the background for a fucking card that only has two confirmed matches - Tommy Dreamer/Raven and Rob Van Dam/Jerry Lynn.

:obama:

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Shogun
                        Soooo the one TNA card I'd be willing to drop money on is going to be given away on TV for free to play the background for a fucking card that only has two confirmed matches - Tommy Dreamer/Raven and Rob Van Dam/Jerry Lynn.

:obama:
                        Jerry Lynn blew out his back, and is off the show.

There is talk of doing RVD vs. 2 Cold Scorpio or Kid Kash instead. Disaster.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Jerry Lynn blew out his back, and is off the show.

There is talk of doing RVD vs. 2 Cold Scorpio or Kid Kash instead. Disaster.

Absolutely pitiful.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Oh dear god.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                              Beautiful Like Moses
                              • Oct 2008

Love me some Kid Cash.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

New Jack will appear.

Imight have to order this, he has the potential to go apeshit and do something epically stupid and amusing.

Comment

Working...