X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDRGuido
    gx
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
    If they were going to card both players they'd just be yellows.
    I think Shelvey got a straight red because of his previous fouls in the match.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Yellows would've been fine for both. There wasn't any malice in the tackles, they were both just going for the ball. It definitely should have been just yellow.

Jonjo gave it to Whiskey Nose on the way out too which was hilarious. Apparently calling him out for always getting favorable calls and owning the FA.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
        Posts too much
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
        BTW, the ref Sunday made it pretty hard for Pool. They actually played pretty well with 10 men. Just wish we could of held on after Stevie's goal :/
        That goal was amazing. It set the damn roof and you could tell how much it meant to Stevie. I had a feeling United would get one because we totally lost control of the game without that extra man, especially when it was only Allen and Gerrard in the midfield.

Comment

• DDRGuido
          gx
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
          That goal was amazing. It set the damn roof and you could tell how much it meant to Stevie. I had a feeling United would get one because we totally lost control of the game without that extra man, especially when it was only Allen and Gerrard in the midfield.
          It was the last result I thought was going to happen after the half.

My buddy who is a huge pool fan knew he was getting a straight red before the ref gave it to him. Took the winds out of our sail at 9am. When Stevie scored we went bonkers. In the end, we knew they needed to get 2 goals to win.

Comment

• WrightStuff
            • Nov 2009

I didnt get to see the game cause I was at church, but it stunk watching the highlights and the straight red. But, in other news, you guys should follow my Liverpool Video Dynasty!

Comment

• 1ke
              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
              • Mar 2009

Yellows would've been fine for both. There wasn't any malice in the tackles, they were both just going for the ball. It definitely should have been just yellow.

Jonjo gave it to Whiskey Nose on the way out too which was hilarious. Apparently calling him out for always getting favorable calls and owning the FA.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

I can understand Liverpool fans truly believing Sir Alex is the reason for their unfavorable calls because most are batshit insane, but I never thought it would get to the point where the players believe it too.
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                  I Can Score Goals
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                  I can understand Liverpool fans truly believing Sir Alex is the reason for their unfavorable calls because most are batshit insane, but I never thought it would get to the point where the players believe it too.

Comment

• citizenerased
                    Rugby World Cup Champion
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                    Jose Mourinho never seemed to have the problem with regularly whipping Manchester United and beating them to trophies, is he in on the conspiracy as well?

And Citeh during the run in last season as well - did the Hadji Oil Barons outbid Ferguson at the secret FA auction? Why haven't Liverpool, with all the money saved from not having to pay to keep Daglish in whiskey and launder his white robes, not gotten in on the bribing action as well?
                    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Anthony
                      In Brendan we trust.
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
                      Jose Mourinho never seemed to have the problem with regularly whipping Manchester United and beating them to trophies, is he in on the conspiracy as well?

And Citeh during the run in last season as well - did the Hadji Oil Barons outbid Ferguson at the secret FA auction? Why haven't Liverpool, with all the money saved from not having to pay to keep Daglish in whiskey and launder his white robes, not gotten in on the bribing action as well?
                      You bring up City, but must conveniently forget that Mancini spend a good deal of last season complaining that Ferguson was always talking to the refs trying to influence the game.

And clearly it's only Liverpool fans who believe in Fergie Time, despite even former United man Mark Hughes commenting on it.

Comment

• Anthony
                        In Brendan we trust.
                        • Jun 2009

But it's only Liverpool fans! AMIRITE?!

"I have come to United three times before today and for whatever reason we don't seem to be measured in the same manner as the team at home," said Martinez.

"Today the penalty is as bad a decision as you are going to see in the Premier League. In many ways, you feel as though you are fighting against a mountain.

"There were tackles flying around that if they had been the other way round there would have been a couple of red cards.

"For Danny Welbeck's last challenge, his foot was over the ball on Franco. It is completely reckless. Under the new regulations you cannot do that. It is a red card, for a Wigan player, Manchester United, everyone."

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                          Late to the party.
                          • Jun 2009

Obviously Man Utd get calls at Old Trafford, but it's not because Sir Alex is pulling his invisible puppet strings over his minions, otherwise known as the FA.
                          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                            Obviously Man Utd get calls at Old Trafford, but it's not because Sir Alex is pulling his invisible puppet strings over his minions, otherwise known as the FA.

First let us start with the words from Mike Riley (PGMOL – head of the refs) who said last season: there is no bias from refs in the PL. From our overall numbers we have proven that there is at least one bias: the home and away bias.

And our un-weighted numbers have shown that when you play away from home in the PL you will have to overcome a negative away bias of -1.826 points. After covering 15 away games from Manchester United we have found that they didn’t have to face a negative away bias but in general had a positive bias in their favour of 1.000 bias points.

What goes up, must come down of course and when you play at home you can expect a positive home bias in your favour of +1.826 bias points. In the 17 home games we did from Manchester United we found a positive bias score of +5.647 bias points. That is almost 3 times the normal positive home bias that any other team can expect.

The final result leaves us with a positive bias swing of +3.469 bias points in favour of Manchester United.

If we look at the weighted numbers we have found that in general a team that goes away from home in the PL will have to overcome a negative away bias of -2.619 bias points.

In the games we covered from Manchester United they didn’t have a negative away bias against them but a positive away bias of +1.333. Now this might not sound too spectacular but if you compare this to the overall league average you can see that thn¤$is is a complete reverse situation.

If we look at the home games we can expect Manchester United (just like any other average team) to have a home advantage bias of +2.619 bias points. In the home games at Old Trafford we have found a positive bias of 7.647 in their favour. Again that is almost 3 times the league average.

The final result is a positive bias score of +q4.687 in favour of Manchester United.
                            FINAL CONCLUSION

There is no denying the fact that Manchester United had a clearly positive bias from the refs in general. If you want to deny it be my guest and go through all the 32 games and point at where we are wrong in our numbers. It is in the open and you can check each decision.

In fact those few games when the ref made mistakes that went against United they dropped points. And maybe that is the best indication of them all that shows how important the refs can be.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

5 goals today, Suarez dominated. Should have been a penalty given too, but of course since it was on Suarez there was no call. It was clear as day too.

Whatever, we won, dominated the game despite a loss of concentration on that second goal.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                                I Can Score Goals
                                • Dec 2008

5 goals today, Suarez dominated. Should have been a penalty given too, but of course since it was on Suarez there was no call. It was clear as day too.

Whatever, we won, dominated the game despite a loss of concentration on that second goal.
                                It has gotten beyond ridiculous, don't know what Luis has to do to get a pen that's 3 matches in a row

Good to see him keep his cool though and stick it to the bastard Norwich fans , when he's on like he was yesterday there's not a back 4 out there that can handle him. Hopefully that's the kickstart we need and we can push on from here with a favorable run of fixtures.

Comment

Working...