Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Liverpool puttin in some serious work so far. Good for them......bunch of fucks. Fast and early buisiness is always the best way to go about things.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
      Liverpool puttin in some serious work so far. Good for them......bunch of fucks. Fast and early buisiness is always the best way to go about things.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's nice to see we are being pro-active and getting stuff done early this window and also the last one and not being taken for mugs anymore (yes the window isn't even open yet technically but I'm not sure any team has been as busy as us so far). Not sure how much is down to Brendan tbh, I'm inclined to believe it's the new committee given last Summer's debacle and the improvement in Jan once the committee was in but still it's very nice. Aspas, Alberto, Mingolet all look to be done deals, with Ilori, hopefully Mkhitaryan and a new starting CB (interest in Papa has supposedly cooled with the focus back on Alderweireld) to also come would be a fantastic bit of business and obviously Carroll already gone for a much higher price than I was expecting . If we can get the rest of them tied up in the next few weeks so they can get a full preseason under their belts and with Suarez hopefully staying then I'm really optimistic about our chances of getting back into the top 4 especially given the relative easiness of our opening 10 games and with 3 new managers coming in.

Typical Liverpool fan offseason optimism 'it's our year' say the same every damn year, I don't know why I do this to myself lol, I'm sure something will go wrong, we'll be out of the race before Xmas and I'll be wanting to slit my wrists as usual

Comment

• DDRGuido
        gx
        • Feb 2009

First couple of matches look easy but no :suarez: for the first 5 matches.

Comment

• Anthony
          In Brendan we trust.
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph

It's nice to see we are being pro-active and getting stuff done early this window and also the last one and not being taken for mugs anymore (yes the window isn't even open yet technically but I'm not sure any team has been as busy as us so far). Not sure how much is down to Brendan tbh, I'm inclined to believe it's the new committee given last Summer's debacle and the improvement in Jan once the committee was in but still it's very nice. Aspas, Alberto, Mingolet all look to be done deals, with Ilori, hopefully Mkhitaryan and a new starting CB (interest in Papa has supposedly cooled with the focus back on Alderweireld) to also come would be a fantastic bit of business and obviously Carroll already gone for a much higher price than I was expecting . If we can get the rest of them tied up in the next few weeks so they can get a full preseason under their belts and with Suarez hopefully staying then I'm really optimistic about our chances of getting back into the top 4 especially given the relative easiness of our opening 10 games and with 3 new managers coming in.

Typical Liverpool fan offseason optimism 'it's our year' say the same every damn year, I don't know why I do this to myself lol, I'm sure something will go wrong, we'll be out of the race before Xmas and I'll be wanting to slit my wrists as usual
          It's funny how the committee is getting all kinds of positive press right now. Considering that when the committee idea was floated, many supporters went mental at the thought that the manager wouldn't be able to sign "his" players. It's also nice to see that the moaners who were out in full force telling everyone that FSG weren't open to spending funds have been silenced.

We need to sell some players, but I'm not really keen on selling Shelvey. I think rather than selling him he needs to be sent out on loan to get the time on the pitch he needs to improve. People claim he's reckless and out of control, but those same things were said of Stevie when he was first brought up. (I'm not saying Shelvey is on Stevie's level) It's nice to have someone around with bollocks the size of Jupiter.

As for the typical Scouse optimism... I'm excited for the season, but I'm also tempering my expectations. I think 4th is certainly attainable, but we're still another season or two off from a title challenge in my mind. Having said that, now is the time to make our move. United and Chelsea are going through a bit of turnover, Arsenal is Arsenal, and Bale is probably leaving. (Spurs aren't a Champions League team without Bale)

Comment

• calgaryballer
            Tiote!
            • Mar 2009

We've all had tiff's about Liverpool, but they are doing some really impressive things this summer. I think Rodgers is a good coach, the team is making some smart signings, and they have a pretty decent base to build on already. At the very least, I think it should be a fun team to watch in 2013-14

Comment

• kyhadley
              Carefree
              • Oct 2008

Transfer news: Liverpool yet to make a move for Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Dortmund now in the race for Mkhitaryan. Could bid €25M (German)

ruh roh

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Micky Targaryen has reportedly been spotted in a London hotel.

Last edited by mgoblue2290; 06-26-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Anthony
                  In Brendan we trust.
                  • Jun 2009

Shelvey off to Swansea. Not a bad place for him. Really would've rather sent him on loan than sold him but that's not my call. I'll miss his attitude and ferocity he brought. Don't really look forward to seeing him boss us in future matches as I'm sure he'll inevitably do.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                    I Can Score Goals
                    • Dec 2008

Would much rather it was a loan deal and I think we will regret letting him go in a few years time, will be very sad to see him go, he will forever be a hero for telling Ferguson where to go

Best of luck Jonjo

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                      I Can Score Goals
                      • Dec 2008

It would appear we've lost out on Mkhitaryan, slightly disappointed because I did buy into the hype tbh and he seems to have been our main target but at the same time in conversations I've had with fellow Reds he does look impressive in the highlights I've seen (only youtube can't say I've seen him live), alot of the defending in the Ukranian league is absolutely shocking and at the price he's going for it would definitely be a risk. I wouldn't mind if we go back to Eriksson who I'm much more acquainted with and I think is a real talent and if not Eriksson, I'm kinda excited who our backup plan is. I think the real question now is if Rodgers wants Coutinho to play CAM and we now shift our focus to someone who can play on the left, or if the endgame is to play Coutinho out wide and we're still looking to a no. 10 that can provide a goal threat. Also I'm expecting us to either be back in for Papadopoulos or another CB as I'm happy with Toure but still think if possible we should be looking at bringing in another first choice CB with Kolo/Ilori being our 3rd/4th choice CB.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                        Tiote!
                        • Mar 2009

Sounds like some rationalization going on. If he's good enough for Dortmund to think he can fill Gotze's shoes, that's all the scouting report I need. Not some folks watching YouTube clips

Comment

• kyhadley
                          Carefree
                          • Oct 2008

Also,

Comment

• Anthony
                            In Brendan we trust.
                            • Jun 2009

Twitter is the worst thing to happen to footie. Everybody thinks they're an ITK. The majority of it is as reliable as Fox News, "Some people say..."

Comment

• kyhadley
                              Carefree
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Anthony
                              Twitter is the worst thing to happen to footie. Everybody thinks they're an ITK. The majority of it is as reliable as Fox News, "Some people say..."
                              Uh, no. A reliable source is a reliable source until it isn't anymore. And Honigstein is a reliable source, as are all of the "twitter sources" I follow. Papers have been making up bullshit forever, twitter helps me sort it out. Sorry you've had less luck.

Comment

• Anthony
                                In Brendan we trust.
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kyhadley
                                Uh, no. A reliable source is a reliable source until it isn't anymore. And Honigstein is a reliable source, as are all of the "twitter sources" I follow. Papers have been making up bullshit forever, twitter helps me sort it out. Sorry you've had less luck.
                                I was making the point that twitter is fucking awash with dolts left and right claiming to be ITK. The majority of them simply parrot whatever news source they find and only work to raise the volume within the echo chamber that is transfer gossip. Very few people actually break anything.

Comment

Working...