X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribbeanJoseph
    I Can Score Goals
    • Dec 2008

YNWA: The Liverpool Thread

Don't know why we haven't got a thread for the Reds yet, so I figured I better start one.

Tonight was fucking diabolical, 2-0 with 13 minutes left how do you blow that, I can't even believe that just happened, fucking diabolical performance. Need to play the youngsters in the league from here on in the league (especially Sterling). I'm in too much shock to write any more at the minute, just wanted to have somewhere to discuss Liverpool.
  • mgoblue2290
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

Nothing like starting our team's thread following the worst defeat all year. Taking Suarez off up 1 was a bad move by Dalglish, can't leave Carrolll alone up top and expect him to do something. Carra also clearly doesn't have it anymore. Time for us to move on after this season, hopefully he takes a role in management with the club.

I've got no doubt guys like Pepe, Luis, Gerrard, Kuyt, Skrtel and Spearing are upset after the loss today. I do however doubt Downing, Henderson, Adam, or even Enrique are all that upset. While Downing has looked better as of late and Enrique is one of the best left backs in the world, I think Commolli may have forgotten to see how passionate some of these guys are before signing them.

For some of them its 90 minutes and then a paycheck. I don't think we've got a team of true competitors. We've got guys who when things are going well are fine players, but when the going gets tough, they seem to shy away or act indifferent. I'd take a player like Dirk Kuyt over Henderson or Downing any day of the week. Up 3-0 or down 3-0, Dirk Kuyt is going to go hard until the whistle blows.

Comment

• wr50l
      Glen & CJ are secret Huns
      • Oct 2008

AND YOU'LL NEVERRRRRR WASH WITHHHH SOAAAAAAP!

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

Didnt see any games today what happened?

And surely lil Raheem isnt ready yet.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
          Late to the party.
          • Jun 2009

Enrique was known for the occasional mental lapse at Newcastle, but that was probably the worst one on the third goal.
          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
          If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
            I Can Score Goals
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
            Didnt see any games today what happened?

And surely lil Raheem isnt ready yet.
            He's played well in the NextGen series and for the reserves, he's only a year younger than Oxlade-Chamberlain, 10-15 mins in a couple games can only help him.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Just read a stat that says we've dropped 12 points this year from blowing leads. Even if we only get half of those points, we're in the hunt for 4th. We need a killer instinct in front of the goal and when we have the lead.

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                Late to the party.
                • Jun 2009

Suarez definitely needs a better partner, one who can finish no questions asked, doesn't even need to do much else. He's just not a good enough finisher to do it by himself.
                Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                  Posts too much
                  • Feb 2009

Yeah. He creates so many chances he just doesn't have that lethal touch. Which is funny because we had the lethal scorer in Torres, before he became a shell of his former self, than we bring in a creator with Suarez and lose our scorer. The Liverpool fan base, specifically RAWK (again) has a very difficult time accepting that Suarez just is not a top class finisher. Bringing in a consistent finisher will also take some pressure off him to do it all up top for us.

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Suarez blows my mind how good he is UNTIL its time to finish. Everytime.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

F365 had a stat that downing has shot 58 times this year with no goals. Only Taarabt has more

Comment

• 1ke
                        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                        F365 had a stat that downing has shot 58 times this year with no goals. Only Taarabt has more
                        Only Taarabt is better. :joeybats:

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
                          58 times in the Premier League, he's scored twice in cup games for us.

At least half of those consist of him cutting inside and then blasting the ball well over the goal. He's gotten maybe 2 or 3 of those shots on target this year yet he continues to do it as if its his move.

Comment

• Senser81
                            VSN Poster of the Year
                            • Feb 2009

This year's Liverpool team reminds me of those years when the team consisted of Harry Kewell dribbling in and blasting the ball over the bar everytime, while and endless parade of skilled strikers were brought in (Baros, Luis Garcia, etc.), with the only guy able to score being an ancient Robbie Fowler.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

Funny that you want Raheem..... Cuz he might not seem to want you back.

Devalued Sterling may quit Liverpool

Liverpool striker Raheem Sterling could quit the club this summer, with his mum keen for him to move back to London.

Tottenham are monitoring the 17-year-old’s progress, whose frustration at a lack of senior action has been well-documented.

Now, Sterling’s mother Nadine is ready to force the issue by pushing for a return south to Harlesden in north London.

The England Under-18 forward, who can also play on the wing, currently lives in Walton with his mum, two-year-old brother and 10-year-old sister.

But his mother fears he is not making progress at Anfield as other youngsters are being integrated into first teams at other clubs.

A string of defensively minded youngsters, including Jon Flanagan, Martin Kelly, Jack Robinson and Jay Spearing, have made it into the Liverpool first team in recent years.

But no young striker has come through to play in Liverpool’s first team since Neil Mellor in the 2002-03 season and Michael Owen in 1997.

Sterling is widely seen as the best young prospect at Liverpool and hit a superb goal against an experienced Arsenal this week in a 1-1 draw for the reserves.

And Liverpool have refused to accept loan bids for him from a string of clubs, including Bolton, Swansea, West Ham and both Sheffield clubs.

Daily Mirror

Comment

Working...