X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    Rashad and Jones each get credit for this.

By themselves, neither is much of a draw.
    I don't know how you can say Rashad isn't much of a draw when his fights almost always exceed expectations and he's been in the main events of shows that have topped 700k several times.

And thanks to Primetime for this:

Originally posted by Primetime232
    UFC 128 Shogun vs. Jones: 490,000 buys
    UFC 135 Jones vs. Rampage: 520,000 buys
    UFC 140 Jones vs. Machida: 485,000 buys
    UFC 145 Jones vs. Evans: 700,000 buys
    Rashad's fights against Rampage & Machida BLEW AWAY what Jones did against the same men, and then thanks to Rashad, Jones does his best buy rate ever. Funny how Rampage & Machida get all the credit for their buyrates with Rashad, yet they fight Jones and can't draw flies.

So, like I said in my first post in the thread...

Gee, Rashad draws well again.

Let's keep crediting his opponents, though.

Face it, Rashad is a draw, and Jones has yet to prove that he can be.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Don't forget that the Rashad/Rampage fight came after a year of build thanks to TUF 10 which itself did great ratings b/c of Kimbo and secondly the coaches feud.

Rashad and Bones are in similar spots...capable of being drawing cards when in the right match-up. Otherwise, they're slightly above average at best or average at worst when not piggybacking big draws or big fights.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

How are Rashad & Jones in "similar spots" when Rashad has consistently been a part of big buy rates for many years, and Jones has done nothing but disappoint in that regard his entire career....EXCEPT WHEN HE FACED RASHAD??

I give up, I just don't get it.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

UFC 98 Evans vs. Machida: 635,000 buys
          UFC 108 Evans vs Silva: 300,000 buys
          UFC 114 Rampage vs. Evans: 925,000 buys
          UFC 133 Evans vs. Ortiz: 310,000 buys

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Rashad, in his prime, doing 300k as THE main event star on the show = not a big draw by himself.

But hell, Anderson Silva isn't even a humongous draw unless there's a match-up that picks up steam (Sonnen, Belfort).

IMO, with Brock gone the only legit major draw they have time and again is GSP (so of course, he's hurt and will only fight once in 2012).

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Rashad, in his prime, doing 300k as THE main event star on the show = not a big draw by himself.
              Jones = never a draw ever...you know, except when he fought Rashad.

Rashad also drew better than Jones with common opponents.

You are constantly missing the point, here. Rashad/Jones are far from equal as draws, that's absurd.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

I never said Jones is the reason this show drew the 700k #. What I've been repeating is the feud factor, both of them combined drew the #.

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

In fairness......Rashad vs Rampage and Machida completely annihilated Jon Jones numbers. Together, they did over 550k more which in today's buys, is a decent number for it's own PPV

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

I never said Jones is the reason this show drew the 700k #. What I've been repeating is the feud factor, both of them combined drew the #.
                    Right, but you came into the thread to argue MY point that Jones is being given credit for drawing the number, while Evans is being ignored, which is ridiculous.

You also said they are essentially equal as draws, which there is no statistical basis for whatsoever.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

No, they're not equal. He's done well in certain spots, something Jones has apparently only done this one time.

I'll guess that Rashad's days of being in fights that draw single handedly (with no help from the co-main) 650k+ (Machida, Rampage, Bones) are going to be few if ever repeated in the future. Mainly, I doubt he'll be in that spot on the card again barring a big run and I just don't see another feud aligning itself up.

Comment

Working...