X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by PP
    Phaneuf sucks. So no.
    So how is he about to get that deal for seven years from Toronto?

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
      I really need to get back into hockey more outside of the Caps, but is Phaneuf really worth $7 million a year?
      Easily. Once again because he's a leaf he'll be severely under rated by pretty much everyone while others will claim leaf fans over rate him. Which is the opposite this time. Most leaf fans stupidly want to get rid of him for some reason.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

Hopefully you guys can see this. Facebook has been odd lately. That's where I was in the stadium.

Pretty solid time. The crowd noise was so odd hearing a football like atmosphere while watching a hockey game. I think most people were being fairly nice about the fan split. I'd say there was probably 70% of leaf fans there and the leaf side was a lot more louder. I was on the wing fan side and could hear the other side better. Viewing angle wise I could see the game fine and any fears about poor viewing were thrown out once I got there. They really need to do more winter classics in football stadiums to be honest.

I am happy as hell we took a bus there and didn't drive. We got to the bus at 5:30 after the game and didn't make it home till probably 10pm and I only live an hour away lol.

Only real complaint I had was how unorganized the entire venue was. They were short staffed in almost all of the concession areas and it took forever to get food. I didn't even attempt to find a bathroom because the one wing dude who sat in front of me said he waited like 30mins. I guess it would be interesting to see what its like during normal football games.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
          • Sep 2024

Great seats leaf, I may have to go to the one here in DC next year. From your view there, I really hope they put it into Fed Ex, but more than likely it's going to be Nationals Park.

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
            Great seats leaf, I may have to go to the one here in DC next year. From your view there, I really hope they put it into Fed Ex, but more than likely it's going to be Nationals Park.
            Every single person I've talked to said their seats had way better viewing then they thought. I'm glad I went.

Comment

• leaffan
              Colton Orr Fan
              • Feb 2009

No thank you Kessel chants tonight in Boston... hmm

Comment

• PP
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by leaffan
                No thank you Kessel chants tonight in Boston... hmm
                Talk shit when your team still sucks. What is that the leafs 1st reg season win vs boston in 18 games or something? I was at the game and man the Bruins D was brutal at times. and their PP with Chara on the point doesn't work. They need to get him off there no matter who the hell is in/out of the lineup. Refs were pretty brutal and inconsistent with some of the calls as well. Oh and Rask gave up some serious softies.

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
                  Talk shit when your team still sucks. What is that the leafs 1st reg season win vs boston in 18 games or something? I was at the game and man the Bruins D was brutal at times. and their PP with Chara on the point doesn't work. They need to get him off there no matter who the hell is in/out of the lineup. Refs were pretty brutal and inconsistent with some of the calls as well. Oh and Rask gave up some serious softies.
                  That's what I'm doing now because I know how much it pisses off people

Also I didn't know a fringe wild card team who's been on a free fall since the beginning of the season and who has like 3 regulation wins in 30 games or something was considered a good team.

Comment

• Woy
                    RIP West
                    • Dec 2008

Pretty fun game between the Pens and Caps. Olli Maatta with the game-winner, helped by a screen by Taylor Pyatt of all people.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

Calgary and Vancouver had some good old fashioned fun tonight huh....

Comment

• Price
                        Lets Tessellate
                        • Oct 2012

Kings got robbed of a win tonight. That was fun.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

No matter what his reason is, Torts is going to get the book thrown at him. NHL won't set a precedent for this that doesn't involve a hefty fine/suspension.

Comment

• PP
                            • Feb 2010

Marchand with a highlight goal and 2 goals 2 games in a row.

Comment

• leaffan
                              Colton Orr Fan
                              • Feb 2009

Kessel 14pts in the last 7 games. Leafs 6 in a row and fuckin up the West like its a bitch conference.

Comment

• Ravin
                                Dishing the Gino's
                                • Feb 2009

If any of the Canadians here watched the Hockey Day in Canada broadcast on Saturday, it was from Lloydminster where I'm at. What a crazy week with some awesome stories. I'll write some of them out later on. P.J. Stock was great, also got to talk with Elliotte Friedman, Ron MacLean, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Andi Petrillo and guys like Lanny MacDonald, Marty McSorley (amazing guy), and just so many others.
                                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

Working...