Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RyanLeaf16
    #DoSomething
    • Feb 2009

Right now the Main Event for UFC 103 is Jackson V Evans. No other matches have been set-up yet. Throw some ideas out there if you have any!
    Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Fedor, Sylvia, Arlovski, Faber and Slice Joing UFC Stable

Fedor Emelianenko will join the ranks of other UFC Heavyweights

UFC President Dana White announced today that the UFC has signed former Affliction stars Fedor Emelianenko, Andrei Arlovski and Tim Sylvia to multi-fight contracts following the bankruptcy of Affliction following their "Trilogy" PPV. Slice, a free-agent since the end of EliteXC, also signed a multi-fight contract. Urijah Faber also beefed up to 155-pounds and is leaving UFC owned WEC to compete in the Lightweight division.

"We are very excited to add four excellent competitors to our heavyweight division and a very talented fighter to our lightweight stable of fighters," White said.

The UFC is also believed to be in negotiations with former Affliction fighter Josh Barnett, however, he may be joining Strikeforce.

Due to the downfall of Affliction Fedor, Sylvia and Arlovski did not stop training and are in shape to fight. President Dana White said they will be in the ring "as soon as possible." Slice, also stayed in shape during his time-off and may be the first to step into the Octagon.

White, however, said that there is no chance that any of the recently signed fighters take part in UFC 103 or 104. I think the earliest you may see Kimbo is UFC 105 or 106 and the rest should follow after that.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
        #DoSomething
        • Feb 2009

UFC 103 to Feature Rampage V Evans

"Rampage" Jackson will look to establish himself as the #1 contender for the Light Heavyweight title after Machida/Silva at UFC 105

Date: October 17th, 2009

Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT

Event Type: Live PPV

The UFC returns to Tampa for UFC 103 which will feature the first-ever meeting between light heavyweights Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and "Suga" Rashad Evans! Both fighters will be looking to establish themselves as the top-contender for the light heavyweight title following the UFC 105 match between current champion Lyoto Machida and challenge Thiago Silva.

The co-feature will be a pivotal middleweight match between Thales Leites and Yushin Okami. In lightweight action, young Nate Diaz looks to continue his rise through the lightweight division with a victory over Roger Huerta.

Full Card:

Lightweight Match:
        Nate Diaz (10-3) V Roger Huerta (22-2-1)

Heavyweight Match:
        Antoni Hardonk (8-5) V Gabriel Gonzaga (10-4)

Light Heavyweight Match:
        Wilson Gouveia (12-6) V James Irvin (14-5-1)

Headline Event/Middleweight Match:
        Thales Leites (14-2) V Yushin Okami (24-4)

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Match:
        Rampage Jackson (30-7) V Rashad Evans (18-1-1)

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
          #DoSomething
          • Feb 2009

Evans Reasserts Self as #1 Light Heavyweight Contender

Rashad Evans knocked out Rampage Jackson in the 2nd round

UFC 103
          October 17th, 2009
          St. Pete Times Forum - Tampa, FL

Maincard Results:

Lightweight Match: Nate Diaz (me) V Roger Huerta
          Ugly showing for Nate Diaz. Huerta had takedown after takedown of Diaz. Diaz spent most of the match on his back and did little to transition out of them. Diaz had one lone bright spot: he was able to get Huerta into an arm-bar in the 2nd round, however, he was unable to finish Huerta off. Huerta reversed the submission attempt and put Diaz on his back. Huerta finished Diaz off with a couple of hammer-fists for the KO.
          Result: Roger Huerta wins by KO 3:40 into the 2nd round

Heavyweight Match: Antoni Hardonk (me) V Gabriel Gonzaga
          Early in the 1st round, Hardonk and Gonzaga were trading jabs while moving around the octagon. Eventually Gonzaga went for a takedown near the cage. Hardonk was pinned up tight and Gonzaga locked in an arm-bar...Hardonk tapped out immediately.
          Result: Gabriel Gonzaga wins by Submission in the 1st round

Light Heavyweight Match: Wilson Gouveia V James Irvin (me)
          Another quick fight that started as a good battle. However, Irvin was taken to the mat in the later part of the 1st round, Gouveia initiated a leg-lock and when he was able to straighten out Irvin's leg - Irvin tapped out.
          Result: Wilson Gouveia wins by Submission in the 1st round

Headline Event/Middleweight Match: Thales Leites V Yushin Okami (me)
          A joke of a fight. Thales had an immediate takedown of Okami and a instant tap from Okami due to the submission attempt.
          Result: Thales Leites wins by Submission in the 1st round

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Match: Rampage Jackson V Rashad Evans (me)
          An absolute brawl in the 1st round. Both fighters physically punished one another. Jackson and Evans turned a majority of the 1st round into a boxing match. Each fighter had an attempted takedown, however, each attempt was defensed by the opposing fighter. Jackson looked to have the edge early on when he knocked Evans down with a upper-cut to the chin late in the 1st round. Evans got up immediately though and landed a couple of left hooks to end the round. Both fighters were drained after the 1st round making it seem like someone would have to step-up and claim victory in the 2nd round. Evans was able to do that early on. As the 2nd round started Jackson looked to land the knockout punch with a big left-hand, however Evans ducked the punch and landed a knockout punch of his own with a right. Referee Mario Yamasaki stopped the fight immediately as Jackson fell to the mat motionless.
          Result: Rashad Evans wins by KO 0:19 into the 2nd round

***This was the first PPV that I played on at the "expert" level. I got my ass handed to me in all of the matches except for the one that I won (Jackson V Evans). I like the challenge, but, I don't want continued 1st round submissions for a majority of my matches. We will see how UFC 104 goes and take it from there.***

Up Next: UFC 104 card

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
            #DoSomething
            • Feb 2009

It Is Time! St-Pierre V Hughes IV Set for UFC 104

Georges St-Pierre and Matt Hughes will meet in the Octagon for the fourth and final time

Date: November 28th, 2009

UFC 104: St. Pierre V Hughes IV will be broadcast live from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon on Thanksgiving weekend! The main event will be a historical match between UFC legend Matt Huges and Georges St. Pierre. It will be the fourth, and final, time Hughes and St. Pierre will square off in the octagon. St. Pierre currently holds a 2-1 victory margin over Hughes - winning their last two meetings.

The headline event will feature two lightweight contenders. Youngster Frank Edgar looks to assert himself as a possible contender for BJ Penn's lightweight title as he faces-off against veteran Matt Serra.

Main Card:

Lightweight Match:
            Thiago Tavares (18-3) V Joe Lauzon (17-4)

Light Heavyweight Match:
            Stephan Bonnar (14-5) V Keith Jardine (14-6-1)

Middleweight Match:
            Nate Marquardt (31-8-2) V Martin Kampmann (15-2)

Headline Event/Lightweight Match:
            Matt Serra (16-6) V Frank Edgar (10-1)

Main Event/Welterweight Match:
            Georges St. Pierre (18-3) V Matt Hughes (44-7)
            Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Leaf if you're interested in "bringing in new talent".. heres a forum where dudes have a lot of CAFs. I havent made any myself yet but the Fedor one looks pretty dope.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                #DoSomething
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                Leaf if you're interested in "bringing in new talent".. heres a forum where dudes have a lot of CAFs. I havent made any myself yet but the Fedor one looks pretty dope.

http://forums.ufc-caf.com/index.php
                Thanks for the heads up, but, I actually have been using this site already for my CAF's. I will be adding more as this goes along and I will definitely be using that site!

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                  #DoSomething
                  • Feb 2009

St. Pierre Makes it 3-in-a-row Versus Hughes - Serra Loses to Edgar

Georges St. Pierre defeated Matt Hughes for the third straight time.

UFC 104
                  November 28, 2009
                  Rose Garden - Portland, OR

Maincard Results:

Lightweight Match: Thiago Tavares V Joe Lauzon (me)
                  Most of this match was spent on the ground. Tavares controlled the ground game against Lauzon. Lauzon, however, did a good job of limiting Tavares' ability to inflict any real damage and was often able to transition. Lauzon, due to takedowns, lost the first two rounds and needed to take some chances to score a knockout or TKO to earn the win. Lauzon came out firing against Tavares in the 3rd round. This left Lauzon vulnerable to a Tavares takedown. Tavares took advantage, passed guard and threw down a hammer-fist to earn the knockout victory.
                  Result: Thiago Tavares wins by KO 3:12 into the 3rd round

Light Heavyweight Match: Stephan Bonnar (me) V Keith Jardine
                  Both fighters had a great 1st round trading kicks and punches. Jardine scored a knockdown of Bonnar right as the bell sounded for the end of the 1st round. Jardine was also successful in defending all takedown attempts by Bonnar. However, Bonnar's heavy hand was able to land a devastating combo that put Jardine on his back. Bonnar finished the fight with some serious ground-and-pound.
                  Result: Stephan Bonnar wins by TKO 0:59 into the 2nd round

Middleweight Match: Nate Marquardt (me) V Martin Kampmann
                  Not much of a fight. Marquardt connected on a couple of hooks early that opened Kampmann up. Marquardt continued to dominate till referee Mario Yamasaki called an end to the fight.
                  Result: Nate Marquardt wins by TKO 3:53 into the 1st round

Headline Event/Lightweight Match: Matt Serra (me) V Frank Edgar
                  Both fighters had their moments in the longest match of the night. Edgar dominated the ground game. Serra dominated on his feet. It was clear Edgar won the first two rounds. Due to this, Serra couldn't just clinch and hold on. He was forced to open himself up to get back on his feet. Late in the 3rd round, Edgar was able to pass Serra's guard and threw down a heavy right hand that put Serra out for good.
                  Result: Frank Edgar wins by KO 3:38 into the 3rd round

Main Event/Welterweight Match: Georges St. Pierre (me) V Matt Hughes
                  Matt Hughes came out with several successful takedowns of St. Pierre. However, St. Pierre was quick to transition out of the takedowns and kept his distance from Hughes by landing several key kicks to the head. The tide turned when St. Pierre successfully stunned Hughes with a kick to the head, Hughes immediately went for a takedown to buy time and St. Pierre defended the takedown attempt and took control of Hughes' neck and then followed with a pick-up and body slam. Hughes got to his feet and was met with a St. Pierre jab that ended the fight.
                  Result: Georges St. Pierre wins by KO 3:41 into the 2nd round

Up Next: UFC 105 card
                  Last edited by RyanLeaf16; 06-01-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                    #DoSomething
                    • Feb 2009

Machida V Silva for Light Heavyweight Title at UFC 105

Lyoto Machida looks to defend his title against Thiago Silva

Date: December 26, 2009

UFC 105 will take place the day after Christmas and will be the last event of the year. Light Heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida will defend his title against current #1 contender Thiago Silva. This will be Machida's first title defense since winning the title at UFC 98 versus Rashad Evans.

The evening's headliner is a intriguing matchup between two rising lightweight division fighters. Joe Stevenson and Hermes Franca will step in the octagon and look to supplant themselves, in an already crowded lightweight division, as possible contenders to BJ Penn's title. Mirko Cro Cop also returns to action in a heavyweight bout against Eddie Sanchez.

Maincard:

Welterweight Match:
                    Kyle Bradley (14-6) V Josh Burkman (9-7)

Heavyweight Match:
                    Mirko Cro Cop (24-6-2) V Eddie Sanchez (9-3)

Middleweight Match:
                    Ricardo Almeida (10-3) V Evan Tanner (34-8)

Headline Event/Lightweight:
                    Joe Stevenson (34-10) V Hermes Franca (20-7)

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Championship Match:
                    Lyoto Machida (15-0) V Thiago Silva (14-1)

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                      #DoSomething
                      • Feb 2009

Dana White Announces Future Bouts and Locations

Las Vegas, NV --- UFC President Dana White released a schedule for future UFC bouts to take place in the first few months of the new year. Specifically, White announced that UFC 106 will take place in Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines Arena. UFC 107 will take place in Nashville, Tennessee at the Sommet Center and UFC 108 will be held at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado.

White also announced a near-full card for UFC 106. Newcomers Kimbo Slice and Uirjah Faber will be in action against Mark Bocek (vs Faber) and Mark Coleman (vs Slice) respectively. UFC 106 will also be the return of Forrest Griffin. Coming off of a knee injury, Griffin will be in the main event against veteran Chuck Liddell who is returning to the ring after a long layoff.

White also confirmed that UFC 107 will be the debut of Fedor Emelianenko. In his first appearance in the octagon, Fedor will fight Brock Lesnar for the UFC Heavyweight title. White, stated that he hopes to release more information regarding fights for the UFC 107 card in the near future.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                        #DoSomething
                        • Feb 2009

Night of UPSETS! Silva and Sanchez Reign Supreme

Thiago Silva avenged his UFC 94 loss to Machida with a 1st round TKO victory

UFC 105
                        December 26th, 2009
                        Conseco Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, IN

Maincard Results:

Welterweight Match: Kyle Bradley (me) V Josh Burkman
                        This fight was essentially a boxing match. Both fighters landed their share of kicks and punches throughout the fight. Bradley was the first to strike with a blow that stunned his opponent. As Burkman stood dazed and confused, Bradley took advantage to finish the fight by knocking Burkman to the ground, standing over him and landing several punches to the face to earn the TKO.
                        Result: Kyle Bradley wins by TKO 1:09 into the 2nd round

Heavyweight Match: Mirko Cro Cop V Eddie Sanchez (me)
                        Sanchez turned in an upset victory over Mirko Cro Cop just 3:21 into the 1st round! Both fighters came out and made the entire fight a kickboxing match. Both fighters kept their distance by just striking and moving. Sanchez was fortunate to land some serious blows to the head of Mirko Cro Cop which laid him out. Sanchez finished with a few punches to the face before the fight was called by referee Mario Yamasaki. This loss will really hurt Cro Cop's chances of working his way into the ranks of the elite in the heavyweight division.
                        Result: Eddie Sanchez wins by TKo 3:21 into the 1st round

Middleweight Match: Ricardo Almeida V Evan Tanner (me)
                        Almeida controlled the match from the beginning. Almeida gained control through a number of successful takedowns that neutralized Tanner and limited his ability to get into any kind of rhythm for the fight. Tanner basically managed to "stay alive" till Almeida finally locked in the arm-bar and Tanner tapped out.
                        Result: Ricardo Almeida wins by Submission in the 2nd round

Headline Event/Lightweight Match: Joe Stevenson V Hermes Franca (me)
                        This fight was very similar to the Almeida/Tanner fight from earlier in the evening. Stevenson dominated the ground game and Franca was unable to transition with consistency. When Stevenson was finally able to pass Franca's guard - Franca was met with a hammer-fist to score the knockout win.
                        Result: Joe Stevenson wins by KO 1:46 into the 2nd round

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Championship Match: Lyoto Machida (title holder) V Thiago Silva (me)
                        UPSET OF THE NIGHT! Not many expected Thiago Silva to defeat Light Heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. Fortunately, for Silva, the unexpected happens every now and then. Silva scored a 1st round TKO of Machida and Silva did it by beating Machida at his own game. Silva simply kept moving and striking. Often keeping his distance and out of Machida's range. Silva eventually landed a kick square on Machida's chin which knocked the champion down. Silva wasted no time standing over Machida and punished him with shots to the face before the fight was stopped. One good shot was all it took to shock the world.
                        Result: Thiago Silva wins Light Heavyweight championship by TKO 0:54 into the 1st round

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                          #DoSomething
                          • Feb 2009

Griffin V Liddell to be Main Event at UFC 106

"The Iceman" returns to the octagon on January 16th

Date: January 16th, 2010
                          Time: 10p ET/7p ET

The UFC will invade the American Airlines Arena in Dallas for the first show of the calendar year! Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell returns to the octagon after a nearly 9-month layoff. Liddell returns looking to rebound after losing his last two matches versus Shogun Rua at UFC 97 and Rashad Evans at UFC 88. Liddell is just one-half of the evenings main event. Forrest Griffin returns from a knee injury which kept him from competing in UFC 103 versus Lyoto Machida. Griffin will look to re-establish himself as one of the top contenders in the light heavyweight division while Liddell will look to get off the schnide.

The evenings headline event will feature young Cain Velasquez looking to assert himself as a contender in the heavyweight division. Velasquez is currently undefeated and is coming off a impressive victory over Cheick Kongo. Velasquez will be facing UFC veteran Minotauro Nogueira. The evening will also feature the UFC debut of newcomers Kimbo Slice facing off against Mark Coleman and Urijah Faber against Mark Bocek.

Full card:

Middleweight Match:
                          Drew McFedries (8-5) V Jason McDonald (21-12)

Heavyweight Match:
                          Kimbo Slice (3-1) V Mark Coleman (15-9)

Lightweight Match:
                          Urijah Faber (22-2) V Mark Bocek (7-2)

Headline Event/Heavyweight Match:
                          Cain Velasquez (6-0) V Minotauro Nogueira (31-5-1)

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Match:
                          Forrest Griffin (16-5) V Chuck Liddell (21-7)

Comment

• Bmore
                            The True Free-Man
                            • Oct 2008

We need to see a C.B. Dollaway appearance!

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
                              #DoSomething
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bmore
                              We need to see a C.B. Dollaway appearance!
                              There is a CAF available for him, so I will definitely add him. I am going to try and add guys tonight or this weekend. I also am trying to get this dazzle thing to work so I can record some fights and post them instead of just doing a write-up.

Thanks for the recommendation! I think you may be the only person to read this thread...lol!

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                                Beautiful Like Moses
                                • Oct 2008

If you add CB I stop following.

I hate that fucker.

Comment

Working...