X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
    That's what I have. Only had it for a month now, but so far no complaints, runs great.
    I can't decide if I should get the 1400 one without the SSD, or save a little longer and splurge on the 1900ish one that has the SSD.

I am going through withdraw.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      I can't decide if I should get the 1400 one without the SSD, or save a little longer and splurge on the 1900ish one that has the SSD.

I am going through withdraw.
      Why not go for the Razer Blade

edit...you are paying for style, form factor here. Smaller screen and a 765M vs the 770M of the ASUS.
      Last edited by jms493; 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• jms493
        • Feb 2009

basically if you wanna a portable gaming laptop the blade is nice. If you not going to move it then the ASUS is probably better.

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493

basically if you wanna a portable gaming laptop the blade is nice. If you not going to move it then the ASUS is probably better.
          Yeah, I had checked out the Razer Blade, but I don't really mind the weight. My rapidly dying Vaio was like 9 pounds, so an extra pound isn't going to bother me.

So, as for my Vaio's death (wonderful PC)...has anyone ever heard of the monitor backlight going out? Like, not permanently, just like, 10 minutes into turning the thing on. Or 30 minuntes. Or an hour. Or it boots off. It's very bizarre.

Comment

• j.hen
            Self Care
            • Oct 2008

In the process of copying Persona 3 Portable to my PSP.

Between that, SR3, and Dragon's Crown, I should have enough games to sufficiently distract me until Madden 25 drops in a month.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
              In the process of copying Persona 3 Portable to my PSP.

Between that, SR3, and Dragon's Crown, I should have enough games to sufficiently distract me until Madden 25 drops in a month.
              Great game. Big improvement over the PS2 one in the combat aspect (you can't control your party members in P3 or FES), but the time spent in the world that isn't the Nightmare hour is kind of drab, sadly.

It's a huge fucking time sync. Have you played P4?

Comment

• j.hen
                Self Care
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
                Great game. Big improvement over the PS2 one in the combat aspect (you can't control your party members in P3 or FES), but the time spent in the world that isn't the Nightmare hour is kind of drab, sadly.

It's a huge fucking time sync. Have you played P4?
                This is going to be my first Persona experience actually.

A guy I work with was hyping it up to me the other day. Found it on the store for cheap.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
                  This is going to be my first Persona experience actually.

A guy I work with was hyping it up to me the other day. Found it on the store for cheap.
                  You're a big JRPG fan, right? If so, you'll love it. You should snag P4 too...it's my favorite in the series. It's so fucking crazy.

Comment

• JBauerisGod
                    ...is amazing.
                    • Feb 2009

The Giant Bomb quick look videos are some of the absolute funniest gaming videos I've ever seen. Watching the Euro Truck Simulator 2 one now and within two minutes of Vinny actually driving, he already completely T-boned some car hahahaha

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Building a Haswell PC for a friend that wants to play all those indie games on the PC.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4670K
                      RAM - G.Skill 1600 DDR3
                      MB - MSI Z87 - Gaming Board
                      PSU - Corsair TX750A
                      HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
                      Case - Corsair Carbide 200R

~$630

He is waiting to see if he will need a graphics card right now. I told him he could probably play everything but some games might have to have the settings turned down, possibly the resolution. The Haswell 4600 integrated graphics chip is a HUGE improvement over past generations. I was able to play a lot just on my I5-2500K. Anyway should be fun. This will be my 2nd PC build.

I told him to just get a GTX 760 and that will play everything maxed out...but he is being a bit budget minded for now. I think he is scared of the whole process.

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                        The Giant Bomb quick look videos are some of the absolute funniest gaming videos I've ever seen. Watching the Euro Truck Simulator 2 one now and within two minutes of Vinny actually driving, he already completely T-boned some car hahahaha
                        agreed, that one is hilarious.

On the Giant Bomb note...oh boy they need a host. Ryan really kept that cast on track but now with Jeff...that fucker is ALL over the place. Thank god Jeff and Vinny are funny as hell otherwise it would be rough. Jeff is not a pod cast host.

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JBauerisGod
                          Anytime Vinny is playing in a QL, it's a must watch. He goes out of his way to do dumb stuff and continually attempts to break games. It's great. As opposed to Brad, who is my least favorite as he stumbles around trying to collect shit and what not.

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

On the Giant Bomb note...oh boy they need a host. Ryan really kept that cast on track but now with Jeff...that fucker is ALL over the place. Thank god Jeff and Vinny are funny as hell otherwise it would be rough. Jeff is not a pod cast host.
                            Listening to some older ones, it's amazing how even as much as Ryan goes off track, he still kept them focused. This past Bomcast was all over the place. I enjoyed it, but man, Jeff just kind of just says whatever pops into his head and there goes 30 minutes.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

I am also so sick of fucking Dota 2. I think I need to take an extended break from that show. It gets worse by the week.

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

We all beg u to stop listening.

Comment

Working...