X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hackett
    the dude abides
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
    inFamous is not good for OCD/Completionists.

Got all the Dead Drops, finished all the Evil side missions, retrieved 324 out of 350 possible Blast Shards, own 100% of the Neon District, 98% of The Wardens...

I'm glad I'm almost done but getting EVERY SINGLE TROPHY to get my first Platinum is a bitch.
    Kudos..... What made your decision in picking this game for your first Platinum?

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by hackett
      Kudos..... What made your decision in picking this game for your first Platinum?
      -It's a single player game (multiplayer or multiplayer game-capable games (local or otherwise) tend to have trophies that are impossible to get a month after they drop in stores),

-Most of the trophies are culmulative stat-based (shoot this many dudes doing this, fly this many kilometers...),

-and even if you play the game on Easy/Normal, you can get half, if not more of the trophies within the title itself (you have to play as 'evil' as well as 'good' to get them all and a quarter of the trophies are Story Mode-based)... which is great for game longetivity.

Other than that, I actually like the game enough that I don't feel like I'm forcing myself to play it.

Case in Point: I was in Ch. 20 of the game and played straight through 19 more to finish my 'Evil' runthrough last night.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
        Fuck em
        • Oct 2008

Donkey Kong Country Returns is fucking amazing

Comment

• SethMode
          Master of Mysticism
          • Feb 2009

JayDizzle...if you really want your first Platinum, just snatch up The Sly Collection. The trophies in that game are a cakewalk.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
            JayDizzle...if you really want your first Platinum, just snatch up The Sly Collection. The trophies in that game are a cakewalk.
            I've thought about it but my backlog is a nightmare when it comes to trophy hunting.

inFamous
            BC2
            BC2: Vietnam
            COD: Black Ops
            RDR
            RDR: Undead Nightmare

Nier
            Madden 11
            Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
            Bioshock
            Dead Space
            Skate 2
            Fallout 3
            Fallout: New Vegas
            Dragon Age: Origins
            DA: Awakening
            UC1
            UC2
            GTAIV
            GTAIV: Episodes From Liberty City
            Risk: Factions

flOw
            Gunstar Heroes
            Soldner-X: Himmerlssturmer
            Everything that's bolded has Online Trophies I may never get a shot at getting.

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Addendum to my quest in Platinuming inFamous:

Apparently the Blast Shards you get from all the Hidden Package side missions don't count towards your Cumulative Blast Shards total for the whole game.

Either my game's bugged now that I've beaten the main story OR those Shards are figurative at best and I'm just really getting that spot on the map to add to my total territories controlled.

Either way, I'm at 335 total Shards and I can't wait to stop looking for them.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                Fuck em
                • Oct 2008

I've thought about it but my backlog is a nightmare when it comes to trophy hunting.

Everything that's bolded has Online Trophies I may never get a shot at getting.
                You go to PS3trophies.org or whatever it is? Kinda gotta get on there when the game is newer but there are tons of people looking to basically boost trophies

Comment

• padman59
                  Slayer of Demons
                  • Mar 2009

inFamous is not good for OCD/Completionists.

Got all the Dead Drops, finished all the Evil side missions, retrieved 324 out of 350 possible Blast Shards, own 100% of the Neon District, 98% of The Wardens...

I'm glad I'm almost done but getting EVERY SINGLE TROPHY to get my first Platinum is a bitch.
                  Getting all of the blast shards is an absolute bitch. You have to go block-by-block spamming the "sonar" button looking for that dark blue flash. By the end, you're just banging your head against the wall trying to figure out what areas you missed.

Everything else is relatively easy.

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
                  You go to PS3trophies.org or whatever it is? Kinda gotta get on there when the game is newer but there are tons of people looking to basically boost trophies
                  I've been tempted to do that for one particular online trophy for BC2....

Comment

• Bomberooski
                    #GoHawks
                    • Feb 2009

Playing Marvel Pinball. and liking it
                    I give rep not thanks
                    My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• hackett
                      the dude abides
                      • Aug 2009

Decided to go with Call of Duty for my first Plat. Finished all of the MP's. Only one that looks to be a bitch that I have left is completing all campaign levels in tier 1 mode under time limit.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by hackett
                        Decided to go with Call of Duty for my first Plat. Finished all of the MP's. Only one that looks to be a bitch that I have left is completing all campaign levels in tier 1 mode under time limit.
                        Are you talking about CoD or Medal of Honor?

Comment

• hackett
                          the dude abides
                          • Aug 2009

Haha, good catch Twigg. Medal of Honor is what I meant.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Broke my damn R2 button.

Now I either have to pull the button up and baby it to get it to function or avoid using it at all.

inFamous seemed to be the last stray because of my mashing the 'Polarity Shield' button.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by America's Wang
                              Broke my damn R2 button.

Now I either have to pull the button up and baby it to get it to function or avoid using it at all.

inFamous seemed to be the last stray because of my mashing the 'Polarity Shield' button.
                              that blows. I remember I went through a few PS2 controllers because of the shoulder buttons. I use to mash the shit out of them trying to pull off tricks and combos in SSX and NBA Street.

Comment

• Bomberooski
                                #GoHawks
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                                Playing Marvel Pinball. and liking it
                                F you guys. Get in on this
                                I give rep not thanks
                                My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

Working...