X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • padman59
    Slayer of Demons
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
    isnt there a way to download a game from steam and save it on your hard drive without installing it? i hate having to download a game from steam everytime i want to install the game
    I know you can backup games that you've already downloaded and re-install them whenever/wherever you want. I don't know of a way to skip the install process and just have the files though.

Comment

• leaffan
      Colton Orr Fan
      • Feb 2009

isnt there a way to download a game from steam and save it on your hard drive without installing it? i hate having to download a game from steam everytime i want to install the game
      The way I do it. I goto the c:/program files/steam/steamapps/ folder and basically back everything up in there.

I currently have the majority of my downloaded games saved onto an external just to skip the download process in the future. Saving the .gcf files pretty much get you most of the game. Once you've moved those files back to that folder in the future you restart steam and it'll see it and download any updates that may have came out.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maynard
        stupid ass titles
        • Feb 2009

nice...yeah i want to keep them on my sata drive, then install them to my ssd as i decide to play

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

got darksiders in that thq bundle. really enjoing it so far. its like playing a deeper version of god of war

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
            Formerly ravensownall17
            • Feb 2009

Fellow PC gamers, I have bought literally every Paradox bundle Amazon has put up for sale, and Victoria II is in three of them. I gave one of the extra keys away on CAG but going to offer up the other one plus the extra VicII expansion key I have if anyone is interested. If you looked up "niche game" in the dictionary, this would be the example given, but if anyone wants then let me know and I'll PM you the codes.

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Been a few weeks and I already forgot the ME collection comes out Tuesday.

As I own ME2 and 3 plus most of the DLC, I won't need to get it and instead can look forward to getting the original Mass Effect via Digital Download (I'd probably get it cheaper on PC but I'm too lazy to get the other two games again)...

This and Farcry 3.

At this point, what the fuck is Christmas to me other than the day nobody can buy me anything as I already buy whatever I want.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

The problem with buying the Mass Effect series on PC is that all of the DLCs for 2 and 3 are sold through BioWare, and they rarely (if ever) put the DLC on sale. So while you can pay about $30 (probably less) for all three games through various retailers and sales, you still have to pay full price for the additional content to get the full experience.

Comment

• j.hen
                  Self Care
                  • Oct 2008

Finishing up Hitman before Far Cry 3 drops on tuesday.

Definitely going to pick up ME1 for PS3 and play through that again even though I don't have 2 or 3 anymore. :lefty:

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

ME1 does not have controller supporton PC. its very annoying. i also heard ME2 doesnt either, but dont know for sure

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

ME1 does not have controller supporton PC. its very annoying. i also heard ME2 doesnt either, but dont know for sure
                      None of them do from what I understand. It's not that big of a problem IMO.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

all about preference imo. i would rather use a controller, but a game like ME is a little slower pace so the kb/m work fine. i am more comfortable lounging back rather than up on my kb

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
                          The problem with buying the Mass Effect series on PC is that all of the DLCs for 2 and 3 are sold through BioWare, and they rarely (if ever) put the DLC on sale. So while you can pay about $30 (probably less) for all three games through various retailers and sales, you still have to pay full price for the additional content to get the full experience.
                          Console it is then.

Gonna be a bitch to collect all of those armor pieces to keep Wrex around.

And the Space Dead Sea Scrolls that mean nothing now.

And the dogtags.

Can't wait to drive that Mako too.

I want to do all these things instead of relying on a stupid e-comic or cherry-picking from a list to describe my character in ME2/3.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BazookaJoe5
                            Fellow PC gamers, I have bought literally every Paradox bundle Amazon has put up for sale, and Victoria II is in three of them. I gave one of the extra keys away on CAG but going to offer up the other one plus the extra VicII expansion key I have if anyone is interested. If you looked up "niche game" in the dictionary, this would be the example given, but if anyone wants then let me know and I'll PM you the codes.
                            If you haven't already given them away I'd take them.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                              Everything Burns...
                              • Nov 2008

Analyst: Black Ops 2 sales a 'cause for concern,' downgrades Activision

Sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 are on a trend to be down 15 percent from last year's launch of Modern Warfare 3, financial analyst Arvind Bhatia of Sterne Agee posits. Modern Warfare 3 sales were down 5 percent from the previous year's Black Ops, and if this scenario plays out again Bhatia calls it "a cause for concern" for Activision-Blizzard.

Call of Duty as a franchise is responsible for up to 45 percent of Activision's earnings before interest and taxes, Bhatia says, justifying the concern clause. Average reviews of Black Ops 2 were lower than Modern Warfare 3's, and Black Ops 2 launched a week after Halo 4 but a week before Black Friday, meaning some customers may have waited to buy it, Bhatia says.

Sterne Agee downgraded Activision's rating from "buy" to "neutral" and reduced 2013 estimates from $4.74 billion to $4.3 billion.

All this is in spite of the fact that Black Ops 2 pulled in $500 million at retail on its first day, breaking records and surpassing Modern Warfare 3's $400 million, and is the UK's fourth largest launch ever.
                              Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

• christguz
                                I turned into a martian
                                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                                Analyst: Black Ops 2 sales a 'cause for concern,' downgrades Activision

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

kind of saw this coming for a while, eventually people will get tired of CoD.
                                "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

Working...