X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by padman59
    True, but I think they could have balanced it a bit more considering you use different swords (and different sword skills) for humans and monsters. As it is right now, I barely have points assigned to steel sword skills, and I'm still wrecking massive groups of human enemies.
    Other than ramping up the difficulty, I can't see a hotfix for your predicament.

Witcher isn't meant to have Dynasty Warriors-level combat, that's for sure.

Comment

• MvP
      a member of vsn
      • Oct 2008

Currently playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time.

Awesome game. My type of game. Don't know why I waited so long to play it.

Comment

• Buzzman
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MvP
        Currently playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution for the first time.

Awesome game. My type of game. Don't know why I waited so long to play it.
        I made the mistake of rushing through that game. I highly suggest taking your time and exploring a bit more.

Comment

• padman59
          Slayer of Demons
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
          Other than ramping up the difficulty, I can't see a hotfix for your predicament.

Witcher isn't meant to have Dynasty Warriors-level combat, that's for sure.
          The combat in The Witcher 2 is supposedly much harder at the start, but if I run into the same problem, some of the devs just released a combat overhaul mod. So, I'm hoping the satisfaction from The Witcher 2's combat will last quite a bit longer.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
            I would like a detailed Twigg rage spreadsheet just for this thread. In the last 10 or so pages he has been: 1) mad about insignificant DLC shit he doesn't have to buy (but will); 2) mad about not enough useless achievements in said DLC shit that he doesn't have to buy; and oh yeah, 3) bitching about what games some random dudes at a website that he dislikes, plays. Oh yeah, and one of said dudes, died. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

How would we itemize the chart? By specific thing that he rages about (this has potential since he's been bitching about the same shit since 2010), or do we go more general and just show periods of bitching, how they spike, and then specify why he was bitching about a those times? This could be useful for determining what season of Twigg bitching we're currently in.

That being said, back to random thoughts: jms, what does that mean? What do you do again?

Even more randomer thoughts: my new laptop came with a TB HDD, and in 3 or so days I have already filled a quarter of it.
            Oh darn, no one seems to give a fuck about what you think.

And yeah, when a company like Ubisoft purposely omits two sequences from the middle of an AC game (quite possibly the biggest series in their roster of games), then later release them as paid DLC withOUT standardized achievements, it's pretty gross.

This whole thing got started because Buzz asked about all the DLC for the AC games and noted that the only thing he knew about any of it was that the AC2 DLC didn't have achievements. I chimed in and confirmed that was true and again voiced my displeasure of that decision. Then some pussies like you and a few others got bent out of shape about it and felt 4he need to rail on how meaningless cheevos are and how no one cares about them. But people do. Sad but true. I know Buzz is one of them. He and I spent hours trying to get one ridiculous cheevo in Splinter Cell Conviction. Instead of getting bent out of shape, why don't you just get bent instead?

Sweet gif though.
            Last edited by Twigg4075; 08-02-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Not to derail the pointless arguing going on in this thread, but...

Busted into my very first JRPG yesterday and today. No, it wasn't Final Fantasy X, at least not yet (still haven't gotten to that one). But the past few days one of the guys I regularly watch on Twitch started playing a lot of Persona 3 FES and I thought it looked really fun. So yesterday I downloaded Persona 4 Golden onto my Vita. Pretty fun game so far, especially when it opened up. I'm about 7 hours in now and I'm loving it. Gots to save Yukiko!!!
              Last edited by Swarley; 08-02-2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• j.hen
                Self Care
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Swarley

Busted into my very first JRPG yesterday and today. No, it wasn't Final Fantasy X, at least not yet (still haven't gotten to that one). But the past few days one of the guys I regularly watch on Twitch started playing a lot of Persona 3 FES and I thought it looked really fun. So yesterday I downloaded Persona 4 Golden onto my Vita. Pretty fun game so far, especially when it opened up. I'm about 7 hours in now and I'm loving it. Gots to save Yukiko!!!
                I dont know if you noticed, but I've been in this thread posting about how much I've been playing Persona 3 on PSP lately. It seems like the Persona games really capture the essence of JRPG's. Feels like you're playing an Anime that happens to be a video game. Great cast of characters, (I have both a robot and a dog using Personas in my party in the 3rd game) with great voice acting.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                  Let's Go All The Way...
                  • Nov 2008

One of us... one of us... one of us...

Now if you could only give Catherine a shot (Atlus put out that game too with a similar art-style and everything...).

Comment

• Swarley
                    A Special Kind of Cat
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by j.hen
                    I dont know if you noticed, but I've been in this thread posting about how much I've been playing Persona 3 on PSP lately. It seems like the Persona games really capture the essence of JRPG's. Feels like you're playing an Anime that happens to be a video game. Great cast of characters, (I have both a robot and a dog using Personas in my party in the 3rd game) with great voice acting.
                    I did see that the other day. At some point I'll have to either pick up Persona 3 FES for my PS2 or download Persona 3 Portable to my Vita.

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                    Now if you could only give Catherine a shot
                    Last edited by Swarley; 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• j.hen
                      Self Care
                      • Oct 2008

I did see that the other day. At some point I'll have to either pick up Persona 3 FES for my PS2 or download Persona 3 Portable to my Vita.
                      If you have a psp you should pick up P3P from the store for 9.99

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                        Oh darn, no one seems to give a fuck about what you think.

And yeah, when a company like Ubisoft purposely omits two sequences from the middle of an AC game (quite possibly the biggest series in their roster of games), then later release them as paid DLC withOUT standardized achievements, it's pretty gross.

This whole thing got started because Buzz asked about all the DLC for the AC games and noted that the only thing he knew about any of it was that the AC2 DLC didn't have achievements. I chimed in and confirmed that was true and again voiced my displeasure of that decision. Then some pussies like you and a few others got bent out of shape about it and felt 4he need to rail on how meaningless cheevos are and how no one cares about them. But people do. Sad but true. I know Buzz is one of them. He and I spent hours trying to get one ridiculous cheevo in Splinter Cell Conviction. Instead of getting bent out of shape, why don't you just get bent instead?

Sweet gif though.
                        Will do buddy. You continue to enjoy being a bipolar weirdo.

Swarley, it's awesome that you're liking Persona 4. The game just gets crazier and crazier. The first few hours is the hardest to get to, just because it opens so slowly. I will also echo j.hen, P3P is awesome and at 10 bucks is a fucking steal.

Comment

• Swarley
                          A Special Kind of Cat
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by j.hen
                          If you have a psp you should pick up P3P from the store for 9.99
                          I don't have a PSP (wish I still had mine tho), but it's available for download on my Vita.
                          Last edited by Swarley; 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• SethMode
                            Master of Mysticism
                            • Feb 2009

Swarley, if this leads you to delving deep into JRPGs...there are a bunch you can get from the PSN store that are amazing (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 both come to mind from the SNES ere -- they're the PSX versions). Just as a thought.

Comment

• Swarley
                              A Special Kind of Cat
                              • Jul 2010

Swarley, if this leads you to delving deep into JRPGs...there are a bunch you can get from the PSN store that are amazing (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6 both come to mind from the SNES ere -- they're the PSX versions). Just as a thought.
                              Those are two that interest me, as well as FF7 and FF9 (on top of FFX and Kingdom Hearts, which I already have).

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Will do buddy. You continue to enjoy being a bipolar weirdo.
                                Sweet diagnosis, bro.

Comment

Working...