X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    What do you have against people making gaming YouTube videos? I use them all the time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.
    Nothing against the videos themselves but the idea that these guy are entitled to make money off that stuff.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
      Nothing against the videos themselves but the idea that these guy are entitled to make money off that stuff.
      That is a sticky subject.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

So, my buddy and I have a Connected Career going in Madden. He's the Ravens and I'm the Bears. I finished the season 13-3, even though I just lost both Cutler and Forte in weeks 16 and 17 respectively, both for six weeks. I barely beat out the Lions for the NFC North crown. He however has one game left to play and at best will finish 7-9. But the rest of the AFC North is 5-11. That's right, Pitt, Cincy and Cleveland are all 5-11. So even if he loses his last game and finishes 6-10 he still takes the division. It's like Seattle a few years back.

Both of us fighting for a playoff spot, while also trying to set a few NFL records, has been a blast. And it's just year one.

The injuries are a bit ridiculous in the game but I must admit, playing a franchise with my buddy reminds me of the days of creating our own RBI 2 baseball leagues on the NES and keeping our own stats. Ha.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

In trying to decide what I want to get as my second game in the Best Buy Nintendo sale, I stumbled across this comparison video of Wind Waker. Am I crazy or does the Gamepube version look better? The "HD" version looks like it has some crappy filter on it that makes it look more dull.

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Old version definitely has more vibrant colors, but the textures on the HD version or 100x better. I have both the GC and a Wii U consoles, but the GC version of WW sells used for about the same price as a new HD version, so I'm just going to go HD version.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              So, my buddy and I have a Connected Career going in Madden. He's the Ravens and I'm the Bears. I finished the season 13-3, even though I just lost both Cutler and Forte in weeks 16 and 17 respectively, both for six weeks. I barely beat out the Lions for the NFC North crown. He however has one game left to play and at best will finish 7-9. But the rest of the AFC North is 5-11. That's right, Pitt, Cincy and Cleveland are all 5-11. So even if he loses his last game and finishes 6-10 he still takes the division. It's like Seattle a few years back.

Both of us fighting for a playoff spot, while also trying to set a few NFL records, has been a blast. And it's just year one.

The injuries are a bit ridiculous in the game but I must admit, playing a franchise with my buddy reminds me of the days of creating our own RBI 2 baseball leagues on the NES and keeping our own stats. Ha.
              I'm doing an offline chise with my roommates where we each are playing as AFC teams in different divisions. Oh yeah, and we did a fantasy draft. I was feeling frisky and drafted both AJ Green and Dez Bryant to my team. Sadly AJ only played 5 games before getting hurt for the season. We're on year 2 now and we all are playing in new towns because we moved our teams, lol.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by j.hen
                I'm doing an offline chise with my roommates where we each are playing as AFC teams in different divisions. Oh yeah, and we did a fantasy draft. I was feeling frisky and drafted both AJ Green and Dez Bryant to my team. Sadly AJ only played 5 games before getting hurt for the season. We're on year 2 now and we all are playing in new towns because we moved our teams, lol.
                The injuries are a tad overboard. I even toned them down a good 20% and I will didn't seem to make a difference.

In our franchise the Rams immediately announced they were moving to Austin next season. Ha.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Ok, so are micro transactions prevalent in ALL of MS's first party games?
                  I'm listening to the CAGcast from a few weeks ago and Ship was talking about how Ryse has them. This is the first I'm hearing about this. If course he just kind of glossed over it, even though I remember him slamming Dead Space 3 having them even though in that game you didn't need them at all and they didn't really throw them in your face. He mentions that you really don't need them in Ryse but they do throw them in your face quite a bit. They also mention Forza and an article/review where they talk about how this is M$'s new strategy and they intentionally nerfed upgrades and unlockables to all but force you to spend more real money.
                  Now I know I remember JMS mentioning it but is it as bad as it sounds? Has anyone played Ryse? Are they that gross?

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

I've played a couple of hours of Ni no Kuni, and it's been enjoyable so far. I like the Studio Ghibli aesthetic. I do feel like bits of the combat haven't been fully explained yet, and hopefully, that'll get cleared up soon. Having a(n almost) full Wizard's Companion Book that you can actually sit down and read is a neat little feature as well.

Comment

• ryne candy
                      Aggie C/O '01
                      • Feb 2009

Spent a large amount of time yesterday looking at YouTube for PSX games worth getting on Vita. I never played many PSX that weren't of the sports genre, so a lot of them I had never heard of in the past. Any recommendations?

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                        Spent a large amount of time yesterday looking at YouTube for PSX games worth getting on Vita. I never played many PSX that weren't of the sports genre, so a lot of them I had never heard of in the past. Any recommendations?
                        I have done the same and have come up empty. Unless you like those games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie, Grandia, Vagrant...ect.

Off top of my head good PSX games I have played...

Driver
                        Syphon Filter
                        Spiderman
                        Resident Evil 1 and 2
                        Tomb Raider 1 and 2...frustrating.
                        Gran Turismo 1 and 2
                        Twisted Metal 1 and 2
                        Metal Gear Solid
                        Castlevania SOTN

Problem is...are any of the above available on VEEDA?

Comment

• christguz
                          I turned into a martian
                          • Jul 2012

you should try Rayman, both Gex the Gecko and Gex 3, Mega Man, MediEvil, Metal Slug, both Oddworlds, Parasite Eve, The Tomb Raider series,and some of the games JMS had mention.
                          "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• christguz
                            I turned into a martian
                            • Jul 2012

They have most of those but no Driver, spiderman, nor castlevania
                            "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• ryne candy
                              Aggie C/O '01
                              • Feb 2009

Driver: Seen videos of it working on Vita but couldn't find it on store, probably UK only.
                              Syphon Filter: All 3 of them are playable
                              Spiderman: NOPE
                              Resident Evil 1 and 2: YES
                              Tomb Raider 1 and 2...frustrating.: YES
                              Gran Turismo 1 and 2: NOPE
                              Twisted Metal 1 and 2: YES
                              Metal Gear Solid: They have one called MGS: VR Missions but I'm guessing it's different.
                              Castlevania SOTN: YES

I'm also looking at PSP games, I got all GTA games, The Warriors and FN Rd 3. PSX games seem to be $6 or $10, while PSP games can be more. I played the God of War PSP games on PS3 (seems to be coming out for Vita in the future). Saw Ys Seven (psp) on the Vita and looks something I could play....hack/slash rpg. As well as The 3rd Bday (psp).

edit: Put the link for Castlevania:SOTN

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
                                Driver: Seen videos of it working on Vita but couldn't find it on store, probably UK only.
                                Syphon Filter: All 3 of them are playable
                                Spiderman: NOPE
                                Resident Evil 1 and 2: YES
                                Tomb Raider 1 and 2...frustrating.: YES
                                Gran Turismo 1 and 2: NOPE
                                Twisted Metal 1 and 2: YES
                                Metal Gear Solid: They have one called MGS: VR Missions but I'm guessing it's different.
                                Castlevania SOTN: YES

I'm also looking at PSP games, I got all GTA games, The Warriors and FN Rd 3. PSX games seem to be $6 or $10, while PSP games can be more. I played the God of War PSP games on PS3 (seems to be coming out for Vita in the future). Saw Ys Seven (psp) on the Vita and looks something I could play....hack/slash rpg. As well as The 3rd Bday (psp).

edit: Put the link for Castlevania:SOTN
                                Nice Ryne!

But $10 for SOTN??? ugh

Comment

Working...