Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
    Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
      It's not a joke, it was a limitation of the previous XBL architecture which was still in place to handle previous gen support, mainly Halo 2.

It's also not as if they could just "flip a switch" and up the limit without any work, although I don't expect a non technical mind to understand that.

Furthermore, the upgrade to your friends list was something that could be used to market their service, successful companies do not waste marketable assets.
      I don't think it's as simple as "flipping a switch" but there is no reason it hasn't been increased by now.

EVERY major podcast (Giant Bomb, Joystiq, Talk Radar, etc.)have been talking about this for months. And most of those guys are a lot more technically savvy than I am and are vey knowledgeable of the ins and outs of the consoles. Even they say it's bullshit that nothing has changed as far as the friend list limit.

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
        PTFO
        • Mar 2009

Comment

• Blade
          Walking SAM site
          • Feb 2009

Hey guys.........so..........whats new?

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Single player domination...

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Sony's "It only does everything" campaign now extends to allowing gamers to finish their backlog of titles while the company tries to fix what shit up the works... :obama:

On sidenote, gotta love Sony's confidence in airing SOCOM commercials, touting MP features even though nobody can play it online at the moment.

I'd bring up Portal 2 but the game isn't shackled to just the PS3; Same thing for the new Mortal Kombat title.

As a business model, I know that it comes down to making a profit, either from the enthusiasts that put in the time/money to get games or the average buyer who picks up whatever is the hot new title of the month.

Whether that means that the product being sold is "complete" on terms of what's a promised feature or not isn't a concern in the short run as long as the company gets your initial dollar.

Comment

• Boucher
                King of EDM
                • Jul 2009

I wanna play mw2

Comment

• DDRGuido
                  gx
                  • Feb 2009

So how long should customers wait before we trade in ps3/sony items for x360

Comment

• krulmichael
                    STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DDRGuido
                    So how long should customers wait before we trade in ps3/sony items for x360
                    Tomorrow.

Twitch Channel
                    http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                    Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                    Season V: 2-1

Comment

• tigstah
                      Mr. Casual Gamer
                      • Mar 2009

hmmmm still down. sony is going to have to make amends for this. those of us with ps+ i am thinking a free month and a free game as well. please dont credit me for the time the service was down.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                        Sony's "It only does everything" campaign now extends to allowing gamers to finish their backlog of titles while the company tries to fix what shit up the works... :obama:

On sidenote, gotta love Sony's confidence in airing SOCOM commercials, touting MP features even though nobody can play it online at the moment.

I'd bring up Portal 2 but the game isn't shackled to just the PS3; Same thing for the new Mortal Kombat title.

As a business model, I know that it comes down to making a profit, either from the enthusiasts that put in the time/money to get games or the average buyer who picks up whatever is the hot new title of the month.

Whether that means that the product being sold is "complete" on terms of what's a promised feature or not isn't a concern in the short run as long as the company gets your initial dollar.
                        You do realize those marketing deals are made MONTHS in advance, right? Sony had no idea months ago that PSN would go down.

I did find it interesting that Sony is finally putting some marketing dollars behind multi-platform games. It wasn't long ago that every game commercial you saw on tv was followed by a Xbox logo and a "Play it on Xbox 360, only $299" bumper. Like you have mentioned I've seen MK, Portal and also LA Noire all mention PS3's extra content and the PS3 bumper at the end.

Most consumers are dumb. People would buy Xbox's and buy those games, CoD, Homefront, etc on 360 because they thought, based on the commercial they saw, it was only available on that system.

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          I don't think it's as simple as "flipping a switch" but there is no reason it hasn't been increased by now.

EVERY major podcast (Giant Bomb, Joystiq, Talk Radar, etc.)have been talking about this for months. And most of those guys are a lot more technically savvy than I am and are vey knowledgeable of the ins and outs of the consoles. Even they say it's bullshit that nothing has changed as far as the friend list limit.
                          All of those guys (including myself) do not understand the inner workings of what's going on at XBL.

There's clearly a reason for it, be it technical or saving it for a marketing push, but the public doesn't know what that is.

Considering the duration of time and their justification for it in the past, I'd wager it's a technical situation.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                            Wakka Wakka
                            • Dec 2008

This is fucking ridiculous
                            THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

now my Credit card is in danger....fuck me

Comment

• SethMode
                                Master of Mysticism
                                • Feb 2009

Surprised that we haven't seen this yet:

Great news on my credit card being at risk now!

Comment

Working...