Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBucs
    Unpretentious
    • May 2009

My shit has been canceled and a new card with a new number should be here next week. Im in the clear.

Comment

• strahanfan92
      Meat
      • Aug 2009

once again, you FAGGY hackers that think you're cool "sending a message to PSN" on behalf of the users.... FUCK YOU! pieces of shit.

Comment

• stevsta
        ¿Que?
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by STRA HAN
        once again, you FAGGY hackers that think you're cool "sending a message to PSN" on behalf of the users.... FUCK YOU! pieces of shit.
        if you would just READ their is no "on behalf of the users" they are doing this to profit from everyone and have no motive to "help" the consumer by getting into sonys network. Anonymous already stated they have nothing to do with this (they are the ones who hacked into PSN and said their motive was to teach sony a lesson for the consumer)

your confusing the grey hat hackers with the black hat hackers
        RIP

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

anyone get this email from sony? funny thing is that i got it 2 days ago...which was like a week after they knew they got hacked

im not worried about my CC info cause i have only bought 1 game and that was over 2 years ago and that card has since expired.

But i did go around to all the sites i use and change my passwords

Add PlayStation_Network@playstation-email.com to your address book

===================================

PlayStation(R)Network

===================================

Valued PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011,
          certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account
          information was compromised in connection with an illegal and
          unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this
          intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full
          and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our
          network infrastructure by rebuilding our system to provide you
          with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill
          as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and
          efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident,
          we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following
          information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country,
          email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login,
          and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data,
          including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip),
          and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may
          have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your
          dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have
          been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit
          card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have
          provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity,
          out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit
          card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have
          been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email,
          telephone and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive
          information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email,
          asking for your credit card number, social security number or other
          personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information,
          you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation
          Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that
          you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation
          Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or
          accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we
          encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and
          to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information
          for those who wish to consider it:
          - U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually
          from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report,
          visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

- We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S.
          credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus
          place a "fraud alert" on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps
          to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can
          make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however,
          that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you,
          it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your
          identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others
          are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a
          fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report,
          please contact any one of the agencies listed below:

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
          Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
          TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division,
          P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

- You may wish to visit the website of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at
          www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania
          Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect
          yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice
          on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or
          suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General,
          and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be
          contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone
          (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney
          General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202;
          telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this
          incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the
          clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes
          information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that
          additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information.
          Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is
          our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1-800-345-7669 should you have any
          additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Got mine a while ago.

Paying with PSN cards helped me avoid the CC problem but hackers still have my old password/address/real name/etc.

Can't wait until Tuesday... but if PSN's not up until May 17th, I'ma be upset.

Comment

• calgaryballer
              Tiote!
              • Mar 2009

Yeah, I just want to get in there and change all my shit

Comment

• strahanfan92
                Meat
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by stevsta
                if you would just READ their is no "on behalf of the users" they are doing this to profit from everyone and have no motive to "help" the consumer by getting into sonys network. Anonymous already stated they have nothing to do with this (they are the ones who hacked into PSN and said their motive was to teach sony a lesson for the consumer)

your confusing the grey hat hackers with the black hat hackers

Just because Anonymous denies they hacked means that they definitely had to no part in this? Not saying the Anonymous group as a whole is in charge of hacking our info, but couldn't someone daring enough in the group do it on his own time? I don't get how there is no relation to the two hacks that happen oh so close to eachother timewise.. I'm not attacking either, just speculation...

Comment

• Spidey
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by STRA HAN
                  Just because Anonymous denies they hacked means that they definitely had to no part in this? Not saying the Anonymous group as a whole is in charge of hacking our info, but couldn't someone daring enough in the group do it on his own time? I don't get how there is no relation to the two hacks that happen oh so close to eachother timewise.. I'm not attacking either, just speculation...
                  Anonymous did attack the playstation network a while ago. They stopped, citing that it was hurting the users/gamers which was not there goal. In fact they stated they are fighting for the consumer/user/gamer. They have denied any involvement. It just doesn't fit their agenda to hack the network and steal all the user info.

From what I have read, Anonymous' original attack was a Denial of Service attack which is typically doing something to consume majority or all of a servers resources so that it can not respond or is unavailable for its typical use. The hack Sony just experienced seems to be more of a security breach or intrusion into their network. The methods don't really match up.

Could one of them have gone rogue and done this on their own, sure. But you cant really blame the whole group for one persons actions.

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

those guys can take the high road all they want. But they are the ones who opened the door for all the assholes out there

its like they broke into someones house to prove they could. But forgot to close the door on there way out and as a bonus left up a big sign that said LOOTERS WELCOME

Comment

• Spidey
                      • Feb 2009

I was editting my previous post adding this but I'll throw it in again...

From what I have read, Anonymous' original attack was a Denial of Service attack which is typically doing something to consume majority or all of a servers resources so that it can not respond or is unavailable for its typical use. The hack Sony just experienced seems to be more of a security breach or intrusion into their network. The methods don't really match up.

This is only what I'm reading so theres always a chance its not accurate. Is what Anonymous does/did in the past right, absolutely not, but unless the method they used to DoS PSN earlier opened up the door for this breach, I don't really see a connection (as a group).

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Like I said before, you can only trust a hacker as far as you can throw them.

Comment

• padman59
                          Slayer of Demons
                          • Mar 2009

I posted some speculation about the breach earlier that seems to make the most sense out of everything I've read. The Cliffs Notes are as follows:

There is an app that runs on jailbroken systems that essentially masks the PS3 as a dev console and gives access to PSN's dev network. Now, Sony apparently didn't have security measures in place on their dev network, like credit card authorization or encryption on user accounts. That's supposedly how these guys were able to steal games from PSN and access the personal information of PSN users.

Comment

• stevsta
                            ¿Que?
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
                            its like they broke into someones house to prove they could. But forgot to close the door on there way out and as a bonus left up a big sign that said LOOTERS WELCOME
                            It sounds more like a guy telling his neighbor his door seems to be open (while yelling pretty loudly) with the neighbor ignoring it and not closing his door and then a burglar who overheard tried his luck and walked right in
                            RIP

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                              PTFO
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              Like I said before, you can only trust a hacker as far as you can throw them.
                              There is a such thing as ethical hacking you know

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MmmmBeeeeer
                                There is a such thing as ethical hacking you know
                                ​Enroll in the best cybersecurity courses online by EC-Council. Boost your career with one of the best cybersecurity learning courses and training. Get certified now!

Comment

Working...