X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle
    I won't apologize for reading a rumor, without specifically stating that I wholeheartedly believe in it either, Killgod.

Wait for an official statement (and not the one Sony gave a while ago about "outside intrusions) and then judge.

Comment

• strahanfan92
      Meat
      • Aug 2009

Thanks for losing your shit for no reason other than to be an asshole, Killgod.

It's a rumor just as it's a rumor that:

-Sony put together another Firmware update that accidentally let your console become a Debug, letting you access PSN's content free of charge.

Please, continue to drop curse words and act angry... it suits you.
      Originally posted by killgod
      It's a rumour with as much probability of the planet earth being invaded tomorrow by demons from outer space. ZERO percent.

You would have came to that conclusion if you, oh I don't know, used your fucking brain for a second perhaps?

I'm an asshole, but you're a fucking retard. GG, I think I win.
      Obviously you fellas are on two completely different pages.

Comment

• Point Blank
        Needs a hobby
        • Oct 2008

Got Socom today and can't even play online.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PP
          Do you want a .50 cent refund on your PS3 purchase for the downtime?
          you are an idiot. its not even the point. are u following the discussion?

besides, wtf do i care if psn is down...i dont use my ps3 to play online and i certainly dont pay for plus

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I'm reading that there's a real possibility that all the downloaded content (PSN games, DLC, movies, shows, etc.) was lost and they have no back-ups. :scared:

It's heresay and Sony wouldn't be so dumb as to wait a week before they told everyone the bad news but...
            Yeah, and the 360 version of Mortal Kombat is getting an exclusive character.:orly:

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
              That yawning baby is adorable.:twinkle:

Comment

• KNUBB
                WHITE RONDO
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by SONY
                We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.
                We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.
                Well they are rebuilding the entire system for better security

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to [...]

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

I'd rather them take their time and get it right than trying to throw up some patchwork bullshit that will just get hacked in a few days.

But I would also like a free month of PS+ and maybe a PSN game out of the deal. ;)

Comment

• KNUBB
                    WHITE RONDO
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    I'd rather them take their time and get it right than trying to throw up some patchwork bullshit that will just get hacked in a few days.

But I would also like a free month of PS+ and maybe a PSN game out of the deal. ;)
                    From what I'm hearing it is only another day or two of work left.

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                      Well they are rebuilding the entire system for better security

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...city-services/
                      Good to hear they're doing this.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

Link: PSN hackers attacked Admin Dev accounts, services returning in a day or two, SCEE source claims

* Posted April 24th, 2011 at 04:06 EDT by Adam Dolge
                        * 6 Comments

A source with close connections to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe reports that the attack to the PlayStation Network may be a bit deeper than originally reported by Sony. According to the source, who wishes to remain anonymous, the PSN sustained a LOIC attack (which created a denial-of-service attack) that damaged the server. There was also a concentrated attack on the PlayStation servers holding account information. In addition, “Admin Dev accounts were breached.”

As a result, “Sony then shut down the PSN and [is] currently in the process of restoring backups to new servers with new admin dev accounts.” The SCEE source said Japanese servers may be restored tomorrow while the U.S. and E.U. servers will likely be operational the following day.

While this information is only corroborated via a series of Facebook messages, it is certainly not a stretch. Sony Computer Entertainment America recently confirmed that it pulled down the PSN because of an “external intrusion.” This essentially means that hackers were to blame. Sony is officially conducting a thorough investigation. The PSN and Qriocity services were pulled offline by Sony on Wednesday, April 20.

There was plenty of speculation late this week that the Anonymous hackers group was to blame for the PSN downtime. The group previously targeted Sony in retaliation to the legal action against another hacker. Anonymous has since denied involvement in the current PSN downtime.

Again, this information is from a source who claims to have a very close connection with someone at SCEE. We take these reports for what they are at this time, but it is certainly a possibility. If you have information to share, please do so.

"Everyone deserves the right to know what’s been going on," the source wrote in an email.

Comment

• BigBucs
                          Unpretentious
                          • May 2009

Probably will be down for at least a 3-4 more days.

Latest Update for PSN/Qriocity Services

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.
                          We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to [...]

Comment

• BigBucs
                            Unpretentious
                            • May 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4b7u6NyTw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a4b7u6NyTw[/ame]

Comment

• Maynard
                              stupid ass titles
                              • Feb 2009

i wonder if all the ps3 fagboys will finally admit that they should have bought a 360 instead

how the fuck do you allow hackers to totally shut down your network. And if u guys think this will be fixed in 3-4 days then you are sorely mistaken. This will go on and on and sony will never be able to fix it. Any fix they make will be countered by the hackers and they will cause it to go down again. Its now gonna become a chess match for the hackers to try and 1 up sony everytime it tries a new fix

Comment

• BigBucs
                                Unpretentious
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
                                i wonder if all the ps3 fagboys will finally admit that they should have bought a 360 instead

how the fuck do you allow hackers to totally shut down your network. And if u guys think this will be fixed in 3-4 days then you are sorely mistaken. This will go on and on and sony will never be able to fix it. Any fix they make will be countered by the hackers and they will cause it to go down again. Its now gonna become a chess match for the hackers to try and 1 up sony everytime it tries a new fix
                                Cool story bro.

Comment

Working...