Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blade
    Walking SAM site
    • Feb 2009

Is the Japanese PSN store down? I can't seem to log in.

Comment

• RyanLeaf16
      #DoSomething
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Garrett67
      Lets see, 60MB in 20 minutes and I have to download 7GB's.

Hmmmmm

Is there a 'Resume' for downloads if I turn my PS3 off?

Its like 900 degrees here now and I don't want to keep it running all night
      I had a loooong DL time for inFamous as well. I went into my download manager and paused the DL last night and shut down my PS3. This morning, I resumed it with no problems and it finished pretty quick today.

Just make sure you pause the DL in your DL manager in the XMB. If you do that, you should have no issues with shutting down your PS3 and resuming the DL later.
      Maddon & Friedman: Pissing off the AL East since 2008

Comment

• KNUBB
        WHITE RONDO
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Blade
        Is the Japanese PSN store down? I can't seem to log in.
        Their government is keeping the PSN from being turned on.

Comment

• Blade
          Walking SAM site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
          Their government is keeping the PSN from being turned on.
          What?........you are fuckin with me right?

Comment

• tigstah
            Mr. Casual Gamer
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Blade
            What?........you are fuckin with me right?
            no, its no joke. japan has very strict laws concerning security breaches and identity theft. i remember cheapyd kept mentioning it in the cag podcast. sony is going to get fined heavily by the japanese government

Comment

• Garrett67
              Glory Hole Monitor
              • Feb 2009

Last night I was trying to make room for the download and accidentally deleted my Need for Speed Hot Pursuit save. I thought in my head that it was an old Burnout Paradise save

Doesn't matter, I realized that if I download inFamous that I won't have room to do the install. So, I'll just wait until I get the larger hard drive.

Comment

• dope
                Allons-y!
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Garrett67
                In case anyone else has problems.

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely or have been kicked off due to high traffic you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

3. Choose “SCEA Promotions” from the list of services displayed

4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games or be allowed to download an activated game that may have not shown up due to the hightraffic demand.

Good Luck.
                thanks to both you and jaydizzle for this info

Comment

• BigBucs
                  Unpretentious
                  • May 2009

Good thing I wont be downloading until my new HD arrives. By then the huge wave of traffic at one time should be over. Ordered a 160 gig WD. Is there anyway to not lose my saves?

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBucs
                    Good thing I wont be downloading until my new HD arrives. By then the huge wave of traffic at one time should be over. Ordered a 160 gig WD. Is there anyway to not lose my saves?
                    Sign up for the free PS+ and put your saves in the cloud. Then you can download them to your new hard drive when you get it set up.

Comment

• BigBucs
                      Unpretentious
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                      Sign up for the free PS+ and put your saves in the cloud. Then you can download them to your new hard drive when you get it set up.
                      Free PS+ at just the right time :drunk:

Comment

• Spidey
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Kotaku.com
                        Report: Lulz Security Sony Hacker Arrested

Brian Ashcraft — As hacker collective Lulz Security claims it snagged Sony Computer Entertainment's Developer Network source code, newspaper The Epoch Times reports that one LulzSec member, Robert Cavanaugh, is believed to be in FBI custody.

The group frequently posts updates on its Twitter, @LulzSec, providing updates and even taunting Sony. In late May, the hacker collective tweeted, "Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed? Slow and steady, guys."

Earlier this week, LulzSec apparently went after Sony BMG and Sony Pictures then broke into Nintendo USA's website.
                        As hacker collective Lulz Security claims it snagged Sony Computer Entertainment's Developer Network source code, newspaper The Epoch Times reports that one LulzSec member, Robert Cavanaugh, is believed to be in FBI custody.

Comment

• Realist
                          • Mar 2009

When did PSN start having damn spam messages!?

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Realist
                            When did PSN start having damn spam messages!?
                            Spam? From other users? I've been getting chain mail from people on my friends list since I got my PS3 last year.

Comment

• Herm
                              Boomshakalaka
                              • Oct 2008

damn i had British, Hong Kong, and Japanese PSN accounts. I can only remember the email for the Japanese account. It was a bogus email and i cant change the password on the ps3 i have to click a link in an email FML.

Comment

• Realist
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                                Spam? From other users? I've been getting chain mail from people on my friends list since I got my PS3 last year.
                                I'm just now starting to get them and these people aren't on my friendslist

Comment

Working...