• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epidemik
    Commitment to Excellence
    • Jul 2009

Basic problem description:

Tbomega:

I get a blackscreen and also stuck at the ribbon when the system first starts up... I cannot get to the XMB and the system just hangs. This is apparently happening to people who have a 750GB Hard Drive in their System or a 1TB. (People who have upgraded their hard drive through their own means) I have a 1TB hard drive in mine.

Quick rundown:

No confirmation of if this is only affecting PS3s containing hard drives at or over 500GB in capacity. In fact there are reports that PS3s containing hard drives of lower capacities may also be affected.
    Fat or slim model doesn't seem to be a factor, both models have been reported to be affected by the glitch.
    Do NOT format your hard drive if you are affected by the glitch, as there may still be a chance of restoring your PS3 to proper functionality without doing so.
    If you still possess your original PS3 hard drive and reinstall it in an attempt to restore your PS3's functionality, do NOT download the firmware update again, otherwise you may simply render it dysfunctional as well.
    If you have PS+ and have automatic updates enabled, disable them ASAP. The option to do this should be found under System Settings.

I sincerely hope this helps out anyone trying to get up to speed on the situation and any affected by this glitch.

Edit: Thanks for mentioning that D-Monstrosity! Updated this post (4th bullet point) with that advice.

(Repost from the PS3 subreddit post, thought it might help here too.)

Update: The firmware update v4.45 has reportedly been pulled (making v4.41 the current up to date firmware version), likely as a result of this glitch.

IF YOU HAVE A BRICKED SYSTEM; POSSIBLE SOLUTION

For those with bricked systems Tomorrow a patch should come out to fix this. All you need to do is download it to your USB drive and power up the PS3 in safe mode and install update from USB.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Knowing my luck my console auto downloaded the update before it was pulled (even though it's set to do them from 8-10 am) and I will have to go through all that hassle to fix it. So looking forward to it.

Comment

• jeffx
        • Jun 2009

As I posted in another thread, my problems started after I downloaded 4.40. I also have an upgraded third-party hard drive. So will this patch fix my system too?

Comment

• Handleit_44
          Posts a lot
          • Jun 2009

Hotline Miami Confirmed for PSN Release Next Week

The latest episode of the PlayStation Blogcast is out as well as a sneak peek to next week’s PlayStation Network release lineup. The big release next week is Hotline Miami, available for both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita as a cross-buy game, meaning one $9.99 purchase will grant you both versions. The game will also feature cross-save, allowing players to resume gameplay from either device

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Handleit_44
            Hotline Miami Confirmed for PSN Release Next Week
            Finally I can buy something for my VEEETA

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
              Finally I can buy something for my VEEETA
              No PS+?

Or is it a game preference?

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                No PS+?

Or is it a game preference?
                game pref...Ill get PS+ when I have to.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Now I need to figure out how to free up space on my fucking memory card.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

According to Steam, Hotline Miami is only 291 mb, so unless you're really hurting for space Twigg, you should be fine.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                      According to Steam, Hotline Miami is only 291 mb, so unless you're really hurting for space Twigg, you should be fine.
                      I have less than 20mb free. Trust me, I knew no matter what I wouldn't be fine.
                      Last edited by Twigg4075; 06-20-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

Not like I wanted to DL anything in the afternoon anyway...

Originally posted by GamesRadar
                        Planned maintenance will pull PlayStation Network offline for about eight hours on June 25. Sony today announced on the PlayStation Blog that the offline period will extend from 9:30 a.m. PDT to about 4:00 p.m.

During that time, PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, and Account Management will be unavailable. Note that online multiplayer for PS3 and PS Vita will still be accessible if you sign on to PSN between now and the beginning of maintenance (of course, you'll only be able to play with the limited pool of other people who took similar precautions).

Sony plans to put out a new version of PS3 Firmware 4.45 on June 27--the patch adds trophy notification options and general system optimizations, and may even refrain from soft-bricking systems this time.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

What is this trophy notification stuff anyway? Does that mean I can be notified when someone on my friend's list unlocks one?

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                            What is this trophy notification stuff anyway? Does that mean I can be notified when someone on my friend's list unlocks one?
                            Hopefully it will allow us to turn them off.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                              Hopefully it will allow us to turn them off.
                              It says "trophy notification OPTIONS" so you'll obviously be able to turn it on or off. I would imagine default is OFF.

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                                I would imagine default is OFF.
                                really? Default "off"? Disagree.

Comment

Working...