Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Been playing the campaign for a good 6 or 7 hours now. I think the last time I checked it said 25% done but I've done quite a bit before then.

The whole brotherhood thing is kinda a neat side thing that really helps you out. They come into play after a few hours.

I just finished blowing up the machine gun and picked the dual blade as the first thing for leonardo to build. Going off to kill the next war machine next and probably go on trying to recruit assassins.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• ryne candy
      Aggie C/O '01
      • Feb 2009

I picked it up after never finishing either two games that preceded it. Think I am going to finish those two. I've read/heard people say that you just probably need to play the 2nd, esp. since the 1st has some hiccups.

Comment

• Pills
        Go Blue!
        • Mar 2009

Picked it up, played 1 game of multiplayer (which I won, but not with a lot of points). Started the campaign, and am in the first Romulus place. Trying to get 100% synch.

I have to find the glyph in the Coloseum.
        UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• leaffan
          Colton Orr Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pills
          Picked it up, played 1 game of multiplayer (which I won, but not with a lot of points). Started the campaign, and am in the first Romulus place. Trying to get 100% synch.

I have to find the glyph in the Coloseum.
          That 100% synch stuff is complete bs imo.

I hate the fact that if I don't use a smoke bomb to stun some dude or use my assassins to kill this dude I don't get 100% synch. Fuck that shit.

The finish the romulus places in 8mins is hard as hell too.

Comment

• killgod
            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
            • Oct 2008

Multiplayer is really growing on me. I was a bit bothered by how chaotic Wanted mode is, but now that I see how the scoring really impacts the game, I don't mind it. You need to move fast when you're out of sight and blend as best you can when in sight. Played a couple rounds with the most kills by far, yet finish 3rd or 4th. Now I try and balance the speed as best I can, hard as fuck when you're pressing someone but have 2 guys lurking around you.

Kinda like Manhunt more so far, sneaky fucking mode this is. If you just walk around alone, you're a dead man, gotta find the same models as you for NPC's and blend in, wait for them to kill the wrong guy, then bolt away and repeat the cycle.

Alliance mode sounds cool, haven't tried it yet. May have to turn this rental into a purchase if the perks system makes it worthwhile.

VSN room this weekend?

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Is this worth 60 bucks? Is the story "reveals" as lame and as convoluted as I've heard?

Comment

• leaffan
                Colton Orr Fan
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                Is this worth 60 bucks? Is the story "reveals" as lame and as convoluted as I've heard?
                I'll let you know once I get this game pounded out over the weekend. I have a rental and it has to be back by tuesday night lol.

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                  Multiplayer is really growing on me. I was a bit bothered by how chaotic Wanted mode is, but now that I see how the scoring really impacts the game, I don't mind it. You need to move fast when you're out of sight and blend as best you can when in sight. Played a couple rounds with the most kills by far, yet finish 3rd or 4th. Now I try and balance the speed as best I can, hard as fuck when you're pressing someone but have 2 guys lurking around you.

Kinda like Manhunt more so far, sneaky fucking mode this is. If you just walk around alone, you're a dead man, gotta find the same models as you for NPC's and blend in, wait for them to kill the wrong guy, then bolt away and repeat the cycle.

Alliance mode sounds cool, haven't tried it yet. May have to turn this rental into a purchase if the perks system makes it worthwhile.

VSN room this weekend?
                  I'll pretty much be playing this all weekend so if you need another guy just let me know.

I don't know many are playing it though since they're all busy playing black ops.

Comment

• Pills
                    Go Blue!
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by killgod

VSN room this weekend?
                    They had Alliance out during the beta. It's a 2 vs. 2 vs. 2, with one group of two hunting your team, while you hunt the third. I liked Wanted much better.

I'm assuming that Manhunt gets much easier when you get the Morph ability, which changes the NPCs around you to your character. The best use of Morph, however, is the reverse - you see a group of the same characters where your target is, walk over, and morph all but your target to YOUR character.

In Wanted, someone once had an 1100 point kill on me (hidden, greater variety, etc.). I think my best was 850. I had an 800 point one in my first game the other night

I noticed they made sighting your pursuer easier - if he goes into high profile in your field of vision, he's sighted. It was something I'd complained about - I often saw people coming out of high profile two steps from me, and could do nothing. Now, you can see them 5 steps away, and the chase is on.

FYI, I'm Pillsy74 on PSN.

Comment

• leaffan
                      Colton Orr Fan
                      • Feb 2009

*** Possible Spoilers ***

Played a ton last night, mainly trying to get a lot of the side quest shit out of the way. I have 3 sequences left, have taken care of all the leonardo stuff, 4 out of the 6 scroll key things and have torched a lot of towers now.

I have about 6 assassins now that I've been sending out on contracts. I'm not sure why the highest level is, I'm kinda assuming level and if so I'll have 3 of them fully leveled to that point soon so I figure that should be good enough to handle until the rest make it.

Story wise not too much going on. You're in ezio's world the whole time basically outside of the begining part. Ezio's story is sorta dragging on and it feels like I'm doing all this work just for the sake of killing time. We'll see how things go.

Comment

• Pills
                        Go Blue!
                        • Mar 2009

Played quite a bit today (5 hours?). 7 Borgia towers down, 7 assassins. It's good that you get new assignments every so often - you don't want a level 3 assignment with a new recruit. Of course, you can send more than one assassin on a mission, and you'll have to for some of the level 4 and 5 ones.

I'm fixing up as much of Rome as I can.

Comment

• Chrispy
                          Needs a hobby
                          • Dec 2008

i will probably get this for Christmas, heard positive reviews from it

Comment

• Pills
                            Go Blue!
                            • Mar 2009

Tip for the assassins:

When you get a new one, take them on a tough mission with some of your more experienced people. I had a new assassin go with two of my level 7 ones (and a level 6?) on a level 4 mission. They were successful, and they all got 200+ EP, which pushed the level 1 guy to level 4 or 5.

The plot does seem a little more... disjointed than AC2, but, in return, you get a lot more freedom to do what you want.

8 towers down.

As for where I am:

I just killed Juan Borgia.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                              Posts a lot
                              • Jun 2009

I remember dogging this game pre-release. But, like AC2, I love this game. Quickly becoming one of my favorite game series.

Comment

• leaffan
                                Colton Orr Fan
                                • Feb 2009

The ending is a huge omgwtf.

Comment

Working...