NHL 12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingsfan77
    • Aug 2009

I guess it's just because I prefer to play either EASHL or random OTP games, I've barely played off-line franchise and in comparison not a lot of on-line 1-v-1

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
      Amerson For Thorpe!
      • Mar 2010

I need to play online more on NHL 12. I mostly just played BAP.
      "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

The idea of HUT is ok. But how it played it sucked. As leaf said, you could sit there and put hours into the game and still get no where. LIke I should be able to go play online tourny's and play against similar teams. By playing the lower ranked tourny's I should play similar teams, but instead, you get teams still stacked with all 89+ players, and you have no chance in hell of winning the tourny and getting the pucks you need. Much like buying boosts, by allowing people to just buy a team, they again defeated the purpose of playing. It was EA's attempt at the online franchise without actually making the online franchise. I probably won about 10 of those offline tourny's, and I still 3 1/2 star team. I got sick and tired of beating the piss out of the computer, then going online and getting owned.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
          The idea of HUT is ok. But how it played it sucked. As leaf said, you could sit there and put hours into the game and still get no where. LIke I should be able to go play online tourny's and play against similar teams. By playing the lower ranked tourny's I should play similar teams, but instead, you get teams still stacked with all 89+ players, and you have no chance in hell of winning the tourny and getting the pucks you need. Much like buying boosts, by allowing people to just buy a team, they again defeated the purpose of playing. It was EA's attempt at the online franchise without actually making the online franchise. I probably won about 10 of those offline tourny's, and I still 3 1/2 star team. I got sick and tired of beating the piss out of the computer, then going online and getting owned.
          It's exactly how they want you to feel, like you have to spend to win. Can't imagine how many people actually decided to spend...then realized that they just paid money to defeat the whole purpose of playing the mode.

Comment

• Ravin
            Dishing the Gino's
            • Feb 2009

First video should come out this week on IGN. If the video spends 3 minutes talking about a fucking sticker like other EA games, I'll snap.

Other then that, NHL video's are generally decent for us, and always have good shit in it.
            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Physicals still looking great, and I do like the goalie stuff, I just hope it isn't over done. The goalie fighting thing might get annoying as everyone will want to do it.

I like they are brining back all the old hitting stuff, glass breaking, hits over the boards.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

Well this game continues to shit on the other EA titles.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• wr50l
                    Glen & CJ are secret Huns
                    • Oct 2008

I'm calling it now the goaltending this year will be the glitchiest it's ever been and the developers are going to be so busy all year trying to patch the hitting power and interference call frequency to sort it.

Comment

• Ravin
                      Dishing the Gino's
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                      I'm calling it now the goaltending this year will be the glitchiest it's ever been and the developers are going to be so busy all year trying to patch the hitting power and interference call frequency to sort it.
                      That is what scares me about it. Is every touch of the goalie going to be a call. Is the goalie going to have either a) some sick animation or b) some bubble that if you go in, it causes said animation.

I don't want 10 interference penalties a game on a goalie.

Although I will now say, OTP is offically dead. If human goalies were not bad enough when they wanted to go fuck around in a game, now they have the ability to fight and you just know some punk ass is going to want to do it all game.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• leaffan
                        Colton Orr Fan
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wr50l
                        Sounds like more easy goals for us defensemen. No problem there

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                          I literally know nothing.
                          • Jul 2009

Although I will now say, OTP is offically dead. If human goalies were not bad enough when they wanted to go fuck around in a game, now they have the ability to fight and you just know some punk ass is going to want to do it all game.
                          Isn't that what hockey is all about?

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

That is what scares me about it. Is every touch of the goalie going to be a call. Is the goalie going to have either a) some sick animation or b) some bubble that if you go in, it causes said animation.

I don't want 10 interference penalties a game on a goalie.

Won't they have to sit in the box and thus put in a shitty CPU backup?

It'll be a quick lived trend I think.

Comment

• Ravin
                              Dishing the Gino's
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                              Won't they have to sit in the box and thus put in a shitty CPU backup?

It'll be a quick lived trend I think.
                              Well, by real hockey standards, no they don't. Unless they get kicked out of the game, I believe they just go back to the pipes and someone else takes the penalty for them. Which will be so fun sitting in the box while the goalie gets to play.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• killgod
                                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                                • Oct 2008

Well, by real hockey standards, no they don't. Unless they get kicked out of the game, I believe they just go back to the pipes and someone else takes the penalty for them. Which will be so fun sitting in the box while the goalie gets to play.
                                Yeah that's gotta be changed by EA then cause it'll be a huge troll opportunity.

Comment

Working...