X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by killgod
    Won't they have to sit in the box and thus put in a shitty CPU backup?

It'll be a quick lived trend I think.
    Before the first patch, goalies will simply go to the penalty box and leave the net empty.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• killgod
      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
      • Oct 2008

some info and screens on the site.

Comment

• killgod
        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
        • Oct 2008

Award-winning Franchise Invites You to Be the Next Great Legend

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 24, 2011 – With the Stanley Cup® Playoffs heating up, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) is getting in on the action with the announcement of new features for EA SPORTS™ NHL® 12, shipping on September 9th in Europe and September 13th in North America. Play your way to superstardom in the revamped Be a Pro mode and experience the authentic action and energy of real life hockey with the Full Contact Physics Engine.

In the revamped Be a Pro mode, experience the pursuit of greatness and legendary moments in your playing career, shatter historic records and cement yourself in NHL history. Additionally, the better you play, the more ice time you’ll get where you can simulate to your next shift with the EA SPORTS Action Tracker so you’re always on the ice as you play out your entire career in pursuit of the Stanley Cup.

The NHL 12 Full Contact Physics Engine puts you in the rink with everything now live on the ice, from players to the environment - everything is interactive and in play. Experience the skill and aggression of hockey from shattered glass to flying helmets to knocking players over the boards and into the bench; crash the crease too hard and you’ll knock the net off and send the goalie flying. Size and physicality will be emphasized as bigger players will be able to throw their weight around as they screen the goalie and battle in front of the net.

This year marks the first time players will face dynamic goalies in the game. Players can knock the net off and make contact with goalies, knocking them down or out of position, as they crash the crease. Watch as goalies battle through screens to make awe-inspiring saves. Additionally, we’re reigniting the beloved fighting engine that first appeared in NHL 10 with all-new goalie battles. When the action gets heated, send a message by leaving the net, dropping the gloves, and trading punches with rivals during fights.

All new gameplay presentation creates an authentic, fresh new look and feel throughout NHL 12 with presentation graphics that mimic real life hockey broadcasts. For the first time ever lace up outdoors under the lights in one of the biggest hockey events of the season, the 2011 NHL Winter Classic® at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, within seconds of putting in the disc. Inspired by the NHL GameCenter Ice Tracker, the all-new EA SPORTS Action Tracker presents game highlights and key moments so you never miss a beat.

This is just a sneak peek of what’s to come in EA SPORTS NHL 12. Stay tuned in the coming months for more news on the franchise as well as the EA SPORTS Hockey League and Hockey Ultimate Team. To get in on the action now visit www.easports.com/nhl to pre-order your copy of NHL 12.
        Be A Pro could get a lot more interesting.

Comment

• Ravin
          Dishing the Gino's
          • Feb 2009

That really makes BAP look better, because sitting on the bench and trying to keep it "sim" just doesn't happen. Having a 3rd line guy get 30minutes a game ice time doesn't happen, but who wants to sit on the bench all the game. If they fast forward that shit, then if your guy plays 10minutes, you don't sit around.

Also it looks like they added "Tasks" to complete in BAP. Like dominate the faceoff circle and such. Nice touch, just hope it reflects the game situation.
          All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Boucher
            King of EDM
            • Jul 2009

Goalies still gunna be wack as fuck

Comment

• wingsfan77
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
              That really makes BAP look better, because sitting on the bench and trying to keep it "sim" just doesn't happen. Having a 3rd line guy get 30minutes a game ice time doesn't happen, but who wants to sit on the bench all the game. If they fast forward that shit, then if your guy plays 10minutes, you don't sit around.
              Kind of like what NCAA Football and Madden do? They have an option to "sim until your next play" so NHL could do "sim until your next shift."

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wingsfan77
                Kind of like what NCAA Football and Madden do? They have an option to "sim until your next play" so NHL could do "sim until your next shift."
                Yeah I think. That image KG posted basically runs through what happened in the sim, unless they do a quick sim version of it. Either way, I'd like to not have to sit on the bench for 5 minutes waiting to play my next shift while my CPU teammates pass the puck 100 times from the defencemen to hash marks and back again.

With NHL already being one of the longest seasons in sports, having to sit through a 30-40 minute game, and only play like 7-10 minutes just doesn't appeal to a lot of people. If I could get a season done in a couple weeks, I'd be more likely to continue. But hopefully the option to not quick sim is there, as dying minutes of games I'd like to watch.
                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Loco
                  Noob
                  • Aug 2010

I'll buy this game just for the BAP simming. Gets boring fast when I'm on the 3rd line and my options are sit & wait or press X and sub myself back in. Do they really expect me to wait if I have the option to sub back in?

My rookie Defensemen is playing 48 mins a game and leading the lead with 200 hits in 20 games, after a while it loses it's authenticity.

Comment

• sraczk2011
                    West Coast Bias
                    • Aug 2009

Comment

• leaffan
                      Colton Orr Fan
                      • Feb 2009

This doesn't really have anything to do with NHL12 but I've been playing with the leafs a lot in NHL11 in 1v1 games and there is nothing more satisfying then just clobbering people with the leafs just because it adds that extra bit of rage to them.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Ravin
                        Dishing the Gino's
                        • Feb 2009

Some interesting things in this article. I like the idea of starting as a 15 year old and playing years of CHL hockey before moving on, though I hope like the real NHL, if you get picked high, you actually are on the NHL roster and not just sent to the AHL.

And when you're not on the ice, you still have the ability to watch the game from the bench, but now you also have the option to either watch a visual display of all of the action via a text sim called Action Tracker, or you can simply skip to the next time you're in the game (think "MLB The Show"). "If you're on the bench, press fast forward and you're right back on the ice," adds Ramjagsingh. "So now if you're a forward who plays two-to-three shifts per game, you can play the game in about five minutes. But if you're a top-of-the-line center, and you play 25 minutes a game, it's going to take you that long to play. This really makes things a lot more realistic, making you earn that ice time, and having ice time given out based on how well you play."
                        That is sweet to have in the game. As I said before, I always hated just sitting on the bench, trying to play "sim". It just didn't work when I would want to pick up and play.

And this little info should make some people happy

Add to that a completely new simulation engine that was created from scratch for "NHL 12," and we are just scratching the surface of this incredible looking game.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• leaffan
                          Colton Orr Fan
                          • Feb 2009

It sounds like they are going real time clock which could make an attribute like endurance actually mean something.

Comment

• leaffan
                            Colton Orr Fan
                            • Feb 2009

"We're really focusing on making size and strength matter more," adds Ramjagsingh. "When you look at the EA Sports Hockey League, last year, all anyone used were the small, quick guys. This year, we make the big, strong guys matter more, especially in front of the net. We've created a lot more scrambles in front of the net as we've made that area come alive with the big guys pushing and bumping. And to go along with that, since we have all these crazy scrambles going on in front of the goalies, you'll see a lot more desperation type saves and scramble type saves where maybe the goalie is bumped out of position, so now he's diving back to make the save and doing whatever he can to keep the puck out of the net. All of that interaction has been a real focus for us this year."
                            lol I remember when we all rolled 6'5+ guys and dominated.

Comment

• Ravin
                              Dishing the Gino's
                              • Feb 2009

"you'll see a lot more desperation type saves"

Then please EA, get a different desperation save animation, but the one you have is not working. You should have to just pass from circle to hash marks and watch the goalie dive across like the idiot to make a save, leaving the entire net wide open. That animation hardly ever works because the game is flawed in that every is always shooting top corner, mostly because the same button for skating, is also the direction of shot, so when skating forward, you push up, thus go high, thus the save doesn't work at all.

"rammer" and "cummings"

Comment

• Loco
                                Noob
                                • Aug 2010

"We're really focusing on making size and strength matter more,"
                                I hope this means weight matters, not just strength and height. If a dude is 6'0 210 and another 6'0 180 the heavier guy better have priority for position.

Comment

Working...