X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shayn•Da•Pain
    Laughs Unlimited
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Based Pand
    Yeah the rationalizations they use over there are hilarious.

Hey you know what? $25 dollars is just a lapdance and budweiser at the local strip joint, so I have no problem spending that money to play madden a few days early. Hell last year I hopped on a jet and went to mexico just to scoop the game up 4 hours before release! This is nothing.

Or my fav about EA withholding features from the game and offering them as DLC: It's like when you go buy a car and you want a sunroof, the sunroof is gonna cost extra! This feature is the sunroof, I'll happily pay for that.

The weird thing is it's clear most people don't like these things, their poll shows 75% of people dislike it, with 15% on the fence. Yet that 10% who love it are so vocal and adamant about defending it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
      Laughs Unlimited
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      Why can't another developer rise up and smash these fools in the brain? (and the pocketbook, too)
      I think EA has an exclusive NFL license through 2013. Which means no other game can use NFL content.

I'd still make a pro game and change the names/logo's/etc of each team. Maybe if a company out there wanted to they could get the rights to the Canadian football league and begin developing a game that could one day take on Madden? Who knows.
      sigpic

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

I always thought a game developer should be doing that now. Start building an amazing football game and then you actually have a product to show the NFL when the deal comes up. Go the backbreaker way and have a good teambuilder in it, or go CFL route. Do something to put the pressure on EA that a better game is out there.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
          I always thought a game developer should be doing that now. Start building an amazing football game and then you actually have a product to show the NFL when the deal comes up. Go the backbreaker way and have a good teambuilder in it, or go CFL route. Do something to put the pressure on EA that a better game is out there.
          Like someone else mentioned, the NFL doesn't give a shit if another company can make a better game. They just care about money. So if another company can come up with more money than EA, that is the only way there will be another football game.

Comment

• Saluki
            Ball So Hard
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            Like someone else mentioned, the NFL doesn't give a shit if another company can make a better game. They just care about money. So if another company can come up with more money than EA, that is the only way there will be another football game.
            Be that as it may, nobody else has even cranked out a half decent football game in years. Backbreaker spent what? 2 or 3 years in development? And it was ass cheeks. Hell i'd play blitz if they made a good game.

Comment

• PP
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Ravin
              lol @ CFL. to build a game it requires money. Nobody is gonna pay the salary of developers to code for 2 years if they won't make money on the game due to no NFL license.

Comment

• Garrett67
                Glory Hole Monitor
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                OS is even worse than I remember. I made a post disagreeing with a guy when he said he would be able to get Madden 12, NCAA 13 and Madden 13 early and that would be worth it to him. I told him that knowing EA even though it says FULL YEAR it will probably expire just before NCAA 1313to comes out. He responded with some assanine argument that he normally spends $20 extra to have Madden shipped to him early so this isn't any different. So he defended this practice because he's a fucking idiot? Then of course a handful more guys quote him saying it was the best post in the thread. LMAO.

It also doesn't surprise me that Guadagnino, formerly SlizeezyC, is a major contributor over there. What a self righteous douche that kid was at MM.

He is ChaseB over there. ARe you saying he has 2 names? I believe that is a bannable offense at OS

And 2k was on the right track with 2k8.. A sequel would have been awesome.

I just won NFL 2k5 on Ebay for 99 cents. I'm getting current rosters and playing that. I already pre-ordered Madden but I already know it will be Madden 2008.4

As I have already mentioned in other posts, I'm having a blast playing 2k8. I can't wait to play 2k5 on 360 with 2011 rosters

Comment

• Houston
                  Back home
                  • Oct 2008

The last madden I ever played was '10 and it will be the last madden I ever buy, holla!

You guys have fun with this franchise. Personally I'd rather play haxball with strangers and lag before I spend 10 dollars on another madden game.

Comment

• Point Blank
                    Needs a hobby
                    • Oct 2008

I paid $15 extra to get Madden early in the past so this really is that bad. If it was only Madden I wouldn't get it.

Comment

• JBregz
                      Follow me! @JBregzz
                      • Nov 2008

Fuck EA Sports.

Follow me on twitter @JBregzz
                      Follow me on twitch bitch http://www.twitch.tv/jbregz/
                      Redskins TGT Scheduling Thread http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...eduling-Thread

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

for those buying the season pass, they expect their release day roster to be ready on Friday....

Comment

• albidnis
                          GFX Crew
                          • Nov 2008

I know it's ridiculous but I am thinking about getting this.

Comment

• killgod
                            OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                            • Oct 2008

it's hilarious how i'm selling myself on it.

i don't consider it ridiculous to drive to Mississauga (1hr each way in traffic) to get Madden/NHL/FIFA one day early, despite being about 10-12bucks in gas for each trip, but i consider getting it for sure on friday via download at 25 for all games.

once i put that together it started to make some sense and now I'd feel like a fuckin idiot driving out to get the game on Monday with this as an option, since I could get the game at the store around the corner from my place instead and save the drive.

Comment

• albidnis
                              GFX Crew
                              • Nov 2008

That's it man you convinced me...LOL

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

just wait till tuesday...so many other games to enjoy. Buy your wife some flowers and she will leave you alone all next week.

Comment

Working...