X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adembroski
    All-Inclusive!
    • Feb 2009

Madden 10 Info Summary Thread

It's out now, go play it, what are you looking here for?!?!
    Last edited by adembroski; 08-18-2009, 02:24 AM.
    S.P.Q.A.
  • Houston
    Back home
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by adembroski

Procedural Awareness- Cosmetically, a system that ensures that each player can realistically follow the ball, using the eyes, head, neck, and shoulders in a realistic manor. Hopefully, this also leads to realistic responses to in-game events rather than no-look interceptions and the like.
    I hope this means that when the ball is not caught the first time and it pops into the air, your WR/DB will be able to catch it instead of just letting it hit them in he chest and roll right into the ground.
    I hate that stupid duck-arms animation.

* The infamous jumping spin animation that so often plays for both the receiver and the defensive back at the same time has been removed from the game. Some others have as well, and EA is considering a blog specifically to explain which animations have been removed and why.
    LOL I'm guessing you mean the RC. Good I hate that shit, it's for grade A cheeters. "straight chedda" as Misogi would say..........

* The large names on jerseys issue has been fixed.

* Both announcers will return with newly recorded material.

* There is a strong possibility the "Lead Blocker Control" will be removed for Madden 10.
    2 positives.

"I study the hell out of (NFL 2k5) now because I personally don't want people to ever to be able to compare us to them any more."
    - Lead Designer Ian Cummings

* A tiered defensive playcalling system (as per NFL 2kX) will not make this version.
    Wait Wait Wait Woa What?

Being compared to 2K5(one of the best football games ever), is a good thing. I personally hope '10 is more like 2K5 then '09.
    What's wrong with the Defensive play calling system?

Comment

• kmanharris
      Seven
      • Oct 2008

I don't think the jumping spinning catching animation is RC. When I read it I thought about the animation where your TE or WR is on a drag route and the QB throws to him but instead of catching it and running upfield they spin around and catch it which slows them down and you get 3 yards instead of a possible first down.

That sounds a bit confusing but I know what I am talking about lol

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

This is genius but the one thing you need to do is change the release date. It is always the second tuesday in august.

Wow this provided so much information though. Good Stuff.
        Last edited by Aso; 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• steeljake
          6 rings...
          • Oct 2008

aso, your a jerk... thanks for consolodating the info and welcome to vsn adembroski

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• adembroski
            All-Inclusive!
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kmanharris
            I don't think the jumping spinning catching animation is RC. When I read it I thought about the animation where your TE or WR is on a drag route and the QB throws to him but instead of catching it and running upfield they spin around and catch it which slows them down and you get 3 yards instead of a possible first down.

That sounds a bit confusing but I know what I am talking about lol
            Actually I usually see this play on fly routes. It's really horrible looking and I mention as a good thing, tbh. A lot of the time both players will leap and spin, one will catch it, and they'll both come down at the same time. It's horribly annoying to see.

Wait Wait Wait Woa What?

Being compared to 2K5(one of the best football games ever), is a good thing. I personally hope '10 is more like 2K5 then '09.
            What's wrong with the Defensive play calling system?
            His point is he wants Madden to surpass 2k5 instead of 2k5 being the standard by which Madden is judged.

Long names, such as Roethlisburger, looked goofy on past Maddens. They're tweaking it so it fits correctly.

Last edited by adembroski; 03-01-2009, 01:54 PM.
            S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
              Ryan Luxem
              • Dec 2008

all of these updates look sick

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
              I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Houston
                Back home
                • Oct 2008

=

Long names, such as Roethlisburger, looked goofy on past Maddens.
                lol okay I just honestly never even paid attention to that.

Comment

• adembroski
                  All-Inclusive!
                  • Feb 2009

* An AI bug has been fixed that caused the CPU to call timeouts in situations advantageous to its opponent.

* All coaches in Franchise mode have been re-rated and been set to act more true-to-life in terms of how they act on 4th down, specifically related to fakes and going for it.
                  S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
                    All-Inclusive!
                    • Feb 2009

** WR/DB Interaction- Huge update with a lot of good information regarding the passing game.
                    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• dave
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

** WR/DB Interaction- Huge update with a lot of good information regarding the passing game.
                      Are you a mod here now?

I wrote a response to your other thread, and it got deleted.

Anyway...

Here's the response.

I love the EA blogs so far - they show a lot of promise - but I don't care what Ian or any of those guys talk about. I want tangible results. Things I see when I'm playing Madden.

For years and years and years, they make promise after promise ... and the last four or five, the same result - disappointment.

And don't lump me in with the "I hate EA Sports" crowd. I own Madden 09 on the ps3 and 360 this year (Madden CE on the ps3). I have bought every EA Sports game for at least 10 years. I am not a hater.

But I am tired of falling for this crap every year.

Madden has gotten progressively worse since Madden 04 ... to the point where I have almost given up on videogame football.

I am not an NFL2k5 guy either. I owned that game and didn't like the floaty player control. I have always been a Madden guy.

I like that Ian Cummings and Phil Frazier have come aboard the community train, but I refuse to give them "get out of jail free" cards just because EA finally has acknowledged their existence on the boards.

They have to earn our trust with their actions, not their words.
                      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• adembroski
                        All-Inclusive!
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
                        Are you a mod here now?
                        I don't even know who the mods are yet.

I wrote a response to your other thread, and it got deleted.
                        So, you think I'd delete your response?

Anyway...

Here's the response.

I love the EA blogs so far - they show a lot of promise - but I don't care what Ian or any of those guys talk about. I want tangible results. Things I see when I'm playing Madden.

For years and years and years, they make promise after promise ... and the last four or five, the same result - disappointment.

And don't lump me in with the "I hate EA Sports" crowd. I own Madden 09 on the ps3 and 360 this year (Madden CE on the ps3). I have bought every EA Sports game for at least 10 years. I am not a hater.

But I am tired of falling for this crap every year.

Madden has gotten progressively worse since Madden 04 ... to the point where I have almost given up on videogame football.

I am not an NFL2k5 guy either. I owned that game and didn't like the floaty player control. I have always been a Madden guy.

I like that Ian Cummings and Phil Frazier have come aboard the community train, but I refuse to give them "get out of jail free" cards just because EA finally has acknowledged their existence on the boards.

They have to earn our trust with their actions, not their words.
                        Yeah, and I have a different view. I place the blame squarely on the people who made those Maddens and don't blame the guys who finally seem to have their heads on the shoulders straight.

It starts with priorities, and Ian and Phil have the right ones. David Ortiz did not. David Ortiz is not with EA, and while Ian hasn't said anything outright, I have a feeling there's no love lost on either side. I get the sense that this is the Madden Ian wanted to make the whole time. And from the sound of things, he wasn't quiet about it back then either.

Hell, he was leaking information to us 4 years ago, trying to get feedback and get something rallied against the morons up there. I remember him contacting Steve McGuire shortly after we released the Madden Manifesto for the '04 game. Then his "top secret" gameplay documents that suddenly stopped leaking once his name was attached to them for the '06 version. It's not like Ian's popping up out of nowhere... he's been lobbying for this since at least 2004.

Then you have Frazier, who was the guy who lead Madden into the PS2/Xbox generation and did quite well until '04, after which Ortiz took over and everything took a shit dive.

So you're going to take the Ortiz era and blame Frazier, when it was Ortiz who fucked up all the progress that Frazier made. You're going to blame the Ortiz era on Ian, when he was the one stomping his feet and trying to turn things around and, if the back room talk I hear is true, might be part of the reason Ortiz isn't there anymore.

And, as Ian said before '09 even came out... even as he was signing the praises of the progress made... '09 is still an Ortiz game.

You'll note, in this post, I described actions, not words. It's unfortunate it's taken until now for the suits to see the truth of it... I should say, it's taken FIFA for the suits to see the truth of it. But we are where we are.

Last year the 49ers fired a failed head coach and hired one of the existing staff to take over. He's said the right things and shown some progress. I'm excited for the upcoming season. Using your philosophy, I should still be pissed off and holding Singletary responsible for Nolan's failure.
                        Last edited by adembroski; 03-03-2009, 07:20 AM.
                        S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Aso
                          The Serious House
                          • Nov 2008

I thought Madden 07 for PS2 was good then it got worse when next gen PS3/XBox 360 came into play.

Comment

• adembroski
                            All-Inclusive!
                            • Feb 2009

** Per twitter, Ian seems to have made it his personal mission to fix QB sneaks.
                            S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• GhostIcon
                              ML Original
                              • Oct 2008

Any word of a "Catch Stick"?
                              Xbox 360 Gamer.
                              Denver Broncos/Houston Rockets Fan.
                              I'm back on XBL. GT is still GhostIcon

Mile High Until I Die

Comment

Working...