Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cornelius
    3rd place is you're fired
    • Oct 2010

I'm crossing my fingers for Blades of Steel, Tecmo Super Bowl, and the original Ninja Gaiden.

Comment

• Leftwich
      Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Cornelius
      I'm crossing my fingers for Blades of Steel, Tecmo Super Bowl, and the original Ninja Gaiden.
      One of those is on here but i'm not telling which.

Originally posted by Tailback U
      It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
        Posts a lot
        • Nov 2008

#1 -

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Leftwich
          Me

I've tried to force myself to enjoy it but i can't. It moves to slow and just an uninteresting story to me.
          Originally posted by SethMode
          I wouldn't say hate, but it is probably the most overrated game in a long time. And that is coming from someone who really enjoys the game.
          Wow. Again, my belief in Seth, and now Lefty's, opinion has somehow been lowered and I didn't think that was possible. At least Seth thought Catherine was an abomination.
          Originally posted by Leftwich
          One of those is on here but i'm not telling which.
          Just one? Pfft.

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

Can't wait for Borderlands 2. The co-op feature is what really puts it over the top for me. If a game like Skyrim or Fallout had that, I would jizz.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Borderlands is/was gaming nirvana for me. It has pretty much all my favorite things. Quests, loot, shooting and co-op.

Comment

• Leftwich
                Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Little Big Planet

Platform: PS3

I might catch a lot of shit for having this on my list but I don’t give a fuck. Little Big Planet is a one of a kind game. These developers attempted something that was never tried before and succeeded gracefully.

Little Big Planet is a platformer for the next generation. It is reminiscent of the games of yesterday ranging from the NES to Genesis to Super Nintendo. It is a nostalgic game with a fresh approach and a sparking coat of paint. I’ve made it pretty clear that I am a story driven gamer in every game I play other than sports titles of course but Little Big Planet puts the story aside for an emphasis on actually playing the game. The beauty of this game is you can play alone, play with someone sitting right next to you or just play with someone online. It’s rare in this console age to see a game that’s not a sports game where you can actually play a game properly with someone in the same room as you. Another fresh thing about Little Big Planet is your Sackboy customization. You can put a mane on him, heart boxers, glasses, pigtails, the combinations are endless and it makes it feel like he really is your own creation. Something a lot of games can’t do all that well. The actual story mode is very linear but fun and can probably get done in a few hours. The story itself is not what makes this game appealing. It is the customization of your own levels or downloading other people’s. You can make any kind of level you want. You can make a Mario inspired level, a Prince of Persia level, really any level you can dream up, you can do. The amount of levels you can download online is amazing as well. I’m not sure if LBP’s servers are still up after the release of the sequel but I literally spent hours downloading levels to play and man there are a lot of talented designers out there. Finally, Little Big Planet is one of the most beautiful games I have ever played. Enough Said.

There isn’t much else to say about Little Big Planet other than you need to experience it yourself to understand what an achievement this game is. As always the video is below.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=791fKHqeRUA"]Little Big Planet GDC (Game Trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Pills
                  Go Blue!
                  • Mar 2009

I'm just catching up, but I'm amazed that some of you never beat Tyson. I'd TKO him second round. Get him down to a sliver in the first round, and then just dodge. Knock him down with the first hit of the second round, and go from there.

The hardest part was not blinking in the first half of the first round.
                  UglyChristmasLights.com - Celebrating 10 years with the 2011 collection!

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                    #1 -

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Pills
                      The hardest part was not blinking in the first half of the first round.
                      That's the problem. His punches were so fast that you needed the reflexes of a jungle cat and you couldn't blink at all. I couldn't do that.

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I'll have something up late tonight. I am rewriting the next game on the list and doing a little shuffling.

Comment

• Leftwich
                          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

College Hoops 2K8

Platforms: Xbox 360/ PS2/ PS3

This is the best college basketball game I’ve ever played and sadly the last version made by 2K sports. 2K always did a better job at making sports titles ,especially basketball, than it’s rival EA Sports. Kind of their last hoorah for college games was certainly their finest.

It’s been a very long time since I’ve played College Hoops but the memories are stuck in my brain. First off let me say that the graphics for this game were pretty damn outstanding for a game made in the early part of this console generation and still stand the test of time today. Players looked great, arena’s looked like their real counterparts and the crowd looks just as good as they do in real life. The commentary team of Bill Raferty and Verne Lundquist was top notch. It always felt fresh and most of the time I was always hearing new things. Presentation was always a strength of the 2K franchises and College Hoops didn’t skip a beat. From the graphics during game time to watching the players come in and out of the locker room was life like in its approach. Also the amount of college teams was insane. I could play as some small school such as Maryland Eastern-Shore or a power house like Ohio State or West Virginia. Sorry for the WVU plug. Last but most certainly not least is the gameplay. Setting up your gameplan, figuring out a defense and trying to figure out who needs to be pressured on the opposing team is lifelike. The players react in such a natural way when they’re crossing over or getting deep in the paint is amazingly realistic. The Legacy mode makes the game come full circle as you try to take a school who isn’t even on the national radar to the big dance in March or you can take your favorite school to as many national championships to rival the famous UCLA teams of the 60’s.

Luckily you can still find College Hoops 2K8 online on Ebay or Amazon and update your rosters, I’m pretty sure the servers are still up. Someone should correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway as always a video is posted below to watch this true gem in action.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAgeTbL1LlI"]College Hoops 2k8 - An oldie but a goodie - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Swarley
                            A Special Kind of Cat
                            • Jul 2010

Goddamn I miss CBB video games.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                              Tiote!
                              • Mar 2009

I actually just popped in CHoops yesterday because the wife and sister in law are hogging my big screen so I've been playing this on the XBox I keep in the office

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayRock
                                I played it yesterday

Servers are still up and people make new rosters every year.
                                I need to pick that game up.

Comment

Working...