Official Xbox One Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

I love how the bestbuy site has 86 customer reviews already for the Xbox one.

Comment

• Price
      Lets Tessellate
      • Oct 2012

November 22, 2013.

Xbox One, Microsoft's newest video game console, will be available in stores on Nov. 22. The Xbox One will cost $499.99 and is available for pre-order at the Microsoft store and other retailers.

Comment

• tigstah
        Mr. Casual Gamer
        • Mar 2009

a week before black friday and a week after the ps4 release......good timing.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

M$ boosted the CPU by 10% from 1.6GHZ to 1.75GHZ

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

He wrote an article previously about how close the systems' performances would be. Follow up article.

My argument at the time was whilst the PS4 has a spec advantage over Xbox One; Microsoft has “the Cloud” for processing, scalability, and easing development; particularly for smaller studios.

I’m far from an expert on Cloud technology; yet I occasionally post on our sister site dedicated to the hot topic. When comments say, “you’re falling for Microsoft’s marketing” – I can assure you, I’m not.

Why is the Cloud currently so popular? Because of the potential. Microsoft has a proven history in this field thanks to platforms such as Azure, and with the Xbox One is introducing 300,000 dedicated servers to take advantage of this potential, if not at launch, within the next year.

So Microsoft has the Cloud, an area Sony is comparatively inexperienced and would struggle to match in both knowledge and sheer infrastructure. Where it sounds like Sony made up for this with the PS4 is in pure, unadulterated horsepower; for giving superior graphics performance.

But it looks like we all could have been fooled, myself included. It appears Microsoft is using a multi-module, stacked design in the Xbox One. Underneath that modified Radeon HD 6670 GPU, lies a 175 mm^2 space for something. That something is presumed to be a Volcanic Islands based AMD with a 22nm SOI design featuring 2304 to 2560 stream processors.

So why didn’t Microsoft come straight out with this increased spec, and instead make the Xbox One appear inferior to the PS4? First is the most obvious, it prevents Sony upgrading their console last minute; so in the long-run they are stuck with a potentially less-capable device.

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Forza 5 Now Offered Free With Xbox One Day One Pre-orders in UK

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
                Forza 5 Now Offered Free With Xbox One Day One Pre-orders in UK
                Pretty great deal.

Comment

• Drizz
                  Noob
                  • Aug 2013

went to my local gamestop yesterday and pre ordered the xbox one and cod ghosts. def will be going to the midnight launch if they have one. if not ill pick it up when they open release day.

might also buy forza 5 along with it if i have an extra 60$ layin around, madden 25 will have to wait.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                    RIP West
                    • Jul 2009

The only downside to packaging Forza with the console is now we're gonna have that many more dumbasses/wreckers online. So frustrating in racing games to have a good race ruined by a couple of idiots.

Comment

• Swarley
                      A Special Kind of Cat
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Golden Taters
                      The only downside to packaging Forza with the console is now we're gonna have that many more dumbasses/wreckers online. So frustrating in racing games to have a good race ruined by a couple of idiots.
                      That's why it's a good thing to have a racing community here so you don't have to race in public lobbies (although never race with Champ).

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

When I get I will post a day and time when we can race. Like Tuesday Nite Racing at 9 pm est. Bring your A class Cars and we will run them all night long.

Great way to build up credits and to expand your library of cars. I have like 300 cars due to all the different types of races we have done.

Comment

• Golden Taters
                          RIP West
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                          When I get I will post a day and time when we can race. Like Tuesday Nite Racing at 9 pm est. Bring your A class Cars and we will run them all night long.

Great way to build up credits and to expand your library of cars. I have like 300 cars due to all the different types of races we have done.
                          You get credit for doing private races in Forza 4? I never really got into the online part of that game.

Hopefully they announce more new steering-wheels by launch.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

You get credit for doing private races in Forza 4? I never really got into the online part of that game.

Yes Credit and expierence. I think I completed like 3 seasons of the single player...but I think I have like over 100M exp credits

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

Yes Credit and Expierence. I think I completed like 3 seasons of the single player...but I have like over 9.44 M exp credits. My online winnings are 15.47M credits

Comment

• Garrett67
                                Glory Hole Monitor
                                • Feb 2009

Hmmmmmmm

Comment

Working...