• jms493
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Xbox One Headset Adapter Won't Ship Until 2014
        Support for current-gen headsets won't arrive until next year.

Originally posted by IGN
        Hoping to use your current-generation gaming headset with the Xbox One? You'll have to wait until next year. According to a press release issued by Turtle Beach, Microsoft's headset adapter won't ship until "early 2014." The adapter, which was announced earlier this year, will allow users to connect headsets that use the Xbox 360's chat cable to the Xbox One controller's proprietary digital audio port. Without the adapter, players will still be able to access in-game audio via the console's optical digital audio port, but chat audio will have to be routed through the Kinect.

The news comes alongside Turtle Beach's announcement that it will release its first wave of Xbox One headsets in Q1 2014 and that it would be bundling Microsoft's Xbox One headset adapter with existing headsets. What remains unclear, however, is how much the adapter will cost when sold separately.

Comment

• Atlas
          BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Swarley
          Xbox One Headset Adapter Won't Ship Until 2014
          Support for current-gen headsets won't arrive until next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...hip-until-2014
          So this is just for current gen turtle beach headsets, right (since it's a TB press release about their headsets)? Smart move by them, get money from those desperate enough to want it ASAP...

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

XB1 achievement popups:

Comment

• dave
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Am clearly undecided, have decided not to be a day one buyer of either system ... but am looking forward to reading reactions from both sides when the systems are released. That my 2004 TV has a DVI input kinda sucks. I use a hdmi-dvi adaptor for my PS3 with the sound going through a DAC, while my 360 is simply component cables. I honestly can't decide which gen 4 system to buy (leaning to PS4), so you guys and your impressions will probably make me decide.
              My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Primetime
                Thank You Prince
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
                Am clearly undecided, have decided not to be a day one buyer of either system ... but am looking forward to reading reactions from both sides when the systems are released. That my 2004 TV has a DVI input kinda sucks. I use a hdmi-dvi adaptor for my PS3 with the sound going through a DAC, while my 360 is simply component cables. I honestly can't decide which gen 4 system to buy (leaning to PS4), so you guys and your impressions will probably make me decide.
                PS4. Buy the PS4.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                    Word Life
                    • Jul 2010

Thanks to reddit user "BenneyBopper", who got access to back covers of Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 at a nearby EB Game Store, we have known some interesting details about these three games.

Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 back covers leaked. Install Size revealed. DR3 lacks local Co-Op game

Thanks to reddit user “BenneyBopper”, who got access to back covers of Ryse: Son of Rome, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 at a nearby EB Game Store, we have known some interesting details about these three games.

First of all we have to remark that, as we can see in the image, Dear Rising 3 won’t have local Co-Op game mode. Bad news, at least for me. Ryse also lacks local Co-Op mode and, in contrast, Forza 5 features up to 16 players online.

The other details we can see in the images are the install size of the games. If you remember, Call of Duty: Ghosts will need 49GB of free space on your HDD, so let’s see how much space is needed to install these games.

Ryse: Son of Rome: needs 47GB HDD Space for Installation.
                    Forza Motorsport 5: needs 35GB HDD Space for Installation.
                    Dead Rising 3: needs 35GB HDD space for Installation.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• KNUBB
                      WHITE RONDO
                      • Jun 2009

I am preparing to flood this thread with the news that has dropped this weekend

Comment

• Point Blank
                        Needs a hobby
                        • Oct 2008

Comment

• dope
                          Allons-y!
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                          I am preparing to flood this thread with the news that has dropped this weekend
                          waiting

Comment

• dope
                            Allons-y!
                            • Feb 2009

As we inch closer and closer to the release of next-gen consoles, we're starting to learn more and more about their features—and some of what we're hearing might not be great news for anyone who expected a totally stable experience at launch.

As we inch closer and closer to the release of next-gen consoles, we're starting to learn more and more about their features—and some of what we're hearing might not be great news for anyone who expected a totally stable experience at launch.

Over the past few days, the Internet has exploded with drama surrounding the Xbox One. We've seen a maelstrom of rumors revolving around resolutions, power issues, and potential bugs in the console's software. Rumors suggest that Microsoft's next console is dealing with some issues affecting the operating system and Xbox Live, and Kotaku has heard from our own industry sources that software development kits for the system have been buggy as well.

Microsoft, both in public and in statements to Kotaku, is optimistic about their console but will not address specific rumors.

It's worth noting, of course, that video game console launches are rarely smooth. The Red Ring of Death fiasco killed a seemingly endless number of Xbox 360s back when Microsoft's last console hit stores, and, more recently, Nintendo's Wii U launched with missing features and a sluggish operating system.

In other words, these systems tend to come in hot.

That said, we've been hearing for months now about issues facing Microsoft's next system, and the rumors that have been floating around for the past couple of days seem to support what we reported back in May: that the folks behind the Xbox One have been hard-pressed to get it ready for its launch on November 22.

We hear, for example, that the Xbox One software development kit—the set of tools that development studios use to facilitate game creation—has been stumbling recently. Yesterday, two developer sources told Kotaku that Microsoft found a number of bugs in one of the most recent versions of the SDK.

One source said that as of at least a few weeks ago, Xbox One SDKs were very buggy. Another source said some developers who have already submitted their games to Microsoft for certification have had to resubmit those games with a more recent version of the SDK. In other words, both developers and Microsoft staff have been working overtime to get games shipped and approved.4

"It's going to be a fun few weeks in Microsoft QA," one developer source said.

What does that all mean for people who plan to buy an Xbox One on November 22? At this point, it's tough to say. A third, high-level developer source assures us that this sort of thing is par for the course. Hardware launches are always rocky, and while this is the type of issue that will lead to all-nighters for people working on the console and its games, these last-minute SDK bugs might not have much effect on what we see and play this fall.

One of the rumors that seems to be worrying gamers the most involves possible issues with the console's operating system. Our sources have had less to say about this, one way or other, but we needed to address it.

Pete Dodd, a frequent NeoGAF poster and blogger, reports that multiple developer contacts tell him the Xbox One operating system is plagued by bugs that affect applications like party grouping on Xbox Live. Since Dodd's blog post went up last night, it's been widely circulated on Reddit, NeoGAF, and other large websites. People are panicking.

"My understanding from [my sources] is that the [OS] problem happens with the apps," Dodd told me when I asked him to elaborate on what he'd heard. "So if you are playing by yourself and just playing the game online it should be fine. But if you're in a party, people get dropped. Voice chat cuts in and out. Certain app combinations make the machine crash completely."6

Dodd, perhaps best known for launching the #PS4NoDRM campaign earlier this year, is not a professional journalist. He doesn't have the cachet of a well-known gaming website or magazine. However, he has been publicly correct about rumors in the past, such as the delay of Sony's PS4 racing game DriveClub, which he reported was true two days before Sony confirmed the news.

When we reached out to Microsoft for comment both on SDK bugs and these OS issues, they sent over this statement:

We’re on track for a great launch. We’re in the final stages of development and things are progressing well. Games are moving through certification now. We also feel great about the platform and Xbox Live. We’ve been building great multiplayer experiences for more than 10 years and Xbox Live multiplayer on Xbox One will be the best it’s ever been.

Microsoft top executive Phil Spencer did address this rumor on Twitter, although he didn't exactly confirm or deny it. "Games are in certification now and we are playing SP & MP nightly," he wrote. "Anyone can post 'stuff' to the web."7

Microsoft spokesman Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb also addressed the rumor: "As far as Xbox One, I've been testing the OS at home it's been great," he said.8

I talked to Dodd privately both last night and today, and although I haven't been yet able to confirm the rumors he's reporting, I believe that they do come from developer sources. What we don't know—and what we might not know until November 22—is just how many of these alleged issues will still be problematic when Xbox One launches.

The PlayStation 4, of course, may have issues of its own. We've already seen Sony confirm that their suspend/resume feature won't be available at launch, and that much of the PS4's functionality will be enabled by a day-one patch. Who knows what else we'll learn as we get closer to the next PlayStation's release on November 15? 910

This is all just the latest news in what has become a large, dramatic debate over the next generation of gaming consoles. Conversation has fired up on sites like Reddit and NeoGAF in response to vague tweets from game journalists and rumors that the next Call of Duty runs at a higher resolution on PlayStation 4 than it does on Xbox One. It's led to some insane, totally false conspiracy theories.

It's also led to some panic around the current status of next-gen consoles, and we feel compelled to share everything we've heard so far. As always, we'll keep you updated as we hear more.

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Am I the only one that is confused by all of this? Is the system going to be broken upon release? I'm not sure what all of this rumor terror even matters if all the shit is fine when it's released in 3 weeks. I feel like I must be missing something. Why are people panicking?

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                                Am I the only one that is confused by all of this? Is the system going to be broken upon release? I'm not sure what all of this rumor terror even matters if all the shit is fine when it's released in 3 weeks. I feel like I must be missing something. Why are people panicking?
                                We didnt have twitter in 2005/2006. If we did it would have been the same non sense. Both consoles are going to have hiccups at launch but now when something doesnt work it it posted on 35 websites, 75 videos on youtube, 100 threads on neogaf/redditt/vsn/mm, and 1,000,000 tweets.

Oh my gawd my Xbone took 12 seconds to boot up is that normal? Shouda gotta a PS3 it booted in 10 sec!!! #PS4lyfe! Really, cause mine is flat out bricked? #Xbox720FPS, shut up fanboi.........Blah blah blah.

it is ridiculous and I don't want to spend my time reading all the nonsense.

Comment

Working...