Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
    You heard me homey. Shitty ass peripherals. KB and Mouse regardless of "accuracy" are the worst ways known to man to play games. Awful controllers with low tech and limited options etc etc. Only flight simulators had anything resembling a useful and cool peripheral. If people were forced to play Madden with a KB and "gaming" mouse the industry would have died ages ago.
    I included installations because game installs were a fucking pain in the ass and required KB/M as step one to playing a game you just bought.

But yeah this isnt 2004 anymore so no need to go further.
    I am bit lost here...what is your point? You are telling me PC gaming sucked 10 years ago?

Comment

• Handleit_44
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
        Bruh the last consoles were not even weak. I mean look at what came out of them, yet there are so few games running 1080p natively. As for Brotatoes claiming they are preparing for the future we are what 8 years into this generation and games are still running 720p and being upscaled. Microsoft had little to no issue going with multiple discs. Investing in 4k gaming is indeed silly. Its like putting true HD capabilities into the PS2/Xbox. 4k TVs don't have the market share to truly be a necessity. KOF do you own a 4k TV?
        Youre looking at this from an old archaic point of view.

TV content is no longer the driver. Back in adoption was slow because there was no content , FCC had already been postponing digital switch for about a decade , and cable/sat companies were terrified of the expenditure fearing people wouldnt have enough HD sets. None of that shit matters. We have celphones with 1080P. The TV screen is more and more becoming a Monitor. Not a tuner or portal to live tv. Just something you plug in an AV/PC into and display the content you want when you want it.
        Most consoles would be dead by now so I dont care what theyre running. Its a concerted effort by both Sony and MS to keep these dinosaurs going this long. As someone mentioned earlier wtf else do you have in your electronics stable this fuckin old ?

This is 2013. There is no film to digital to DVD quality and maybe a 1080 conversion process necessary for shit to get into your home. Most movies are now natively shot in digital and in 4k . Even low budget student movies are being shot with 4k cameras. We already have 4k sensors small enough for celphone usage. PCs and Tablets are already past the 1080p barrier and already hitting the 4k area and these consoles haven't even dropped yet. If my first foray into 4k gaming is on an iPad or Nexus tablet lulz at telling me how awesome your 1080p capable console is at the same price + subscription.
        Last edited by KINGOFOOTBALL; 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM.
        Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
          I am bit lost here...what is your point? You are telling me PC gaming sucked 10 years ago?
          My point in that post was the leaf is crazy for thinking PC interface for gaming wasnt total shit back then. PC gaming survived because of its strength which is zero barrier between user and progress outside of cost. PC gaming solved a number of its problems Valve/Steam seem to be flourishing with awareness and forward thinking. MS/Sony let PC gaming become relevant again by sticking around too long with dated consoles. Sony is seemingly trying to approach things better this time...MS just is just flat out going into this completely backwards.

Sorry for ramblings..Im at work so little time to edit things down.

Comment

• KNUBB
            WHITE RONDO
            • Jun 2009

Youre looking at this from an old archaic point of view.

TV content is no longer the driver. Back in adoption was slow because there was no content , FCC had already been postponing digital switch for about a decade , and cable/sat companies were terrified of the expenditure fearing people wouldnt have enough HD sets. None of that shit matters. We have celphones with 1080P. The TV screen is more and more becoming a Monitor. Not a tuner or portal to live tv. Just something you plug in an AV/PC into and display the content you want when you want it.
            Most consoles would be dead by now so I dont care what theyre running. Its a concerted effort by both Sony and MS to keep these dinosaurs going this long. As someone mentioned earlier wtf else do you have in your electronics stable this fuckin old ?

This is 2013. There is no film to digital to DVD quality and maybe a 1080 conversion process necessary for shit to get into your home. Most movies are now natively shot in digital and in 4k . Even low budget student movies are being shot with 4k cameras. We already have 4k sensors small enough for celphone usage. PCs and Tablets are already past the 1080p barrier and already hitting the 2k-4k area and these consoles haven't even dropped yet. If my first foray into 4k gaming is on an iPad or Nexus tablet lulz at telling me how awesome your 1080p capable console is at the same price + subscription.
            4k video was never the question. Gaming is where we were at and do you own one. You can't believe TVs are being replaced quickly. That is not a purchase you make every 4 years

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

If Sony ends up having these same policies, especially with games being tied to your account, it will change my decision from wait a year to never getting either of these consoles. I'll be happy playing my archaic 360 and PS3.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                Here's another article posted on OXM's twitter:
                The latest Xbox breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at Gamesradar

Just look at the comments. Not a single positive one. Self proclaimed Xbox fanboys are saying since this console has been announced it's been nothing but bad news. The same thing that I, and many others have been saying.

But yeah, I'm the fanboy.

Man, you are a pro at going crazy. I think ONE person in this thread called you a fanboy. I have yet to see anyone really defending ANY of the news from this, here or anywhere. So who are you talking about?

If it's PepperNY you should at the very least find a way to work a symbol into his name so everytime you mention him it can be like a really sick putdown.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

my thing.....I dont care about used games, TV, movies, borrowing games, switching accounts, or any of this BS everyone is going crazy over.

Can I buy the system, bring it home, sign into xbox live, play Forza 5, and tailgate Swarley around the track until he breaks? If I can do that...I should be happy.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode

Man, you are a pro at going crazy. I think ONE person in this thread called you a fanboy. I have yet to see anyone really defending ANY of the news from this, here or anywhere. So who are you talking about?

If it's PepperNY you should at the very least find a way to work a symbol into his name so everytime you mention him it can be like a really sick putdown.
                    Yup, definitely Pepper. Although I'm sure there are several others thinking the same thing and agreed with what he said. How that makes me "crazy", I'm not sure?

"Sick put down". Hilarious bro!

But anyway, Sony's silence during all of this doom and gloom from M$ really concerns me. If they didn't have all of these shitty policies with the PS4 why wouldn't they come out and publicly announce to the contrary what with all the negative press M$ is getting? It seems to me that if they didn't have this crap on PS4 they could take a giant shit on Xbox One by just saying "Yeah, all of that stuff that's pissing you guys off about M$'s new console? The PS4 won't have any of that." Coupled with the fact that M$ is partnering with retailers to make sure they control EVERY aspect of everything, especially considering the used games aspect, I can easily see Sony doing the same thing. Personally, I think making sure developers get money from used game sales is a good thing, but you know damn well M$ and Sony will fuck the control of that shit up royally. You think Gamestop's trade-in values and used game prices are shitty now? Ha! Wait until M$/Sony and the developers get a percentage of that too.
                    Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-24-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                      my thing.....I dont care about used games, TV, movies, borrowing games, switching accounts, or any of this BS everyone is going crazy over.

Can I buy the system, bring it home, sign into xbox live, play Forza 5, and tailgate Swarley around the track until he breaks? If I can do that...I should be happy.
                      I'm pretty much there, although I rarely care about any of this stuff (and certainly not to the fever pitch that a lot of the internet crazies have gotten over it). The one thing that would bum me out is if they do link a game to a single account, forcing the other account to purchase it to play couch coop. That would pretty much murder what a great generation of Arcade gaming has built in terms of getting my girlfriend into games.

I will say, MS' approach from a consumer perspective through all of this has been baffling to me. The times they do try to justify things, they justify them poorly like they never really came up with an answer. Then there are the times where one dude says another, then someone else says something else, then some dude on MS engineer on Twitter goes against what some higher up says...it's the most bizarre annoucement I can remember, and that's saying something after the insanity that was the PS3.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KNUBB
                        4k video was never the question. Gaming is where we were at and do you own one. You can't believe TVs are being replaced quickly. That is not a purchase you make every 4 years
                        What difference does it make if I own one ? Thats flawed thinking from the get go.
                        Of course TVs are being replaced. I just emphasized things for a reason , Im not going to repeat it. If you're only concern is present adoption then you are missing the big picture.
                        These consoles are old and dated and have been for years.
                        The market has changed.
                        You cannot get by with dated tech in a world where people are buying the latest and greatest on a consistent basis. People will NOT buy a XB0 to play 1080p games when they can have a Ipad 5 with super retina display playing equally high res video and games. Or a friggin 69$ Roku box.
                        You need to appeal to people in some way that people want. AAA title gaming is the only reason these boxes will exist in homes. High end cutting edge visuals are still the best way to sell games. What are you not following here ?

Comment

• KNUBB
                          WHITE RONDO
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                          Yup, definitely Pepper. Although I'm sure there are several others thinking the same thing and agreed with what he said. How that makes me "crazy", I'm not sure?

"Sick put down". Hilarious bro!

But anyway, Sony's silence during all of this doom and gloom from M$ really concerns me. If they didn't have all of these shitty policies with the PS4 why wouldn't they come out and publicly announce to the contrary what with all the negative press M$ is getting? It seems to me that if they didn't have this crap on PS4 they could take a giant shit on Xbox One by just saying "Yeah, all of that stuff that's pissing you guys off about M$'s new console? The PS4 won't have any of that." Coupled with the fact that M$ is partnering with retailers to make sure they control EVERY aspect of everything, especially considering the used games aspect, I can easily see Sony doing the same thing. Personally, I think making sure developers get money from used game sales is a good thing, but you no damn well M$ and Sony will fuck the control of that shit up royally. You think Gamestop's trade-in values and used game prices are shitty now? Ha! Wait until M$/Sony and the developers get a percentage of that too.
                          E3 is right around the corner. With it being that class there is no reason to come out with any news no matter how minor it may be or if it is a direct shot at the competition. They can work it into the beginning of their conference.

What difference does it make if I own one ? Thats flawed thinking from the get go.
                          It is not. Like I said the TV is not something that gets replaced often. Less often than these "out of date" consoles. I bought my TV the same day I got my PS3 in July 2007. Still on it and have no intention of getting a new one til it is a must. This is how most people buy their TV's.

Of course TVs are being replaced. I just emphasized things for a reason , Im not going to repeat it. If you're only concern is present adoption then you are missing the big picture.
                          A 4k TV isn't the next BIG THING. Remember when 3D was the next big thing?

These consoles are old and dated and have been for years.
                          Up until February they were the best home consoles on the market so this is dumb. Its not like games all look like shit. For the most part they are looking as good as they ever have because devs have learned to optimize everything in these consoles.

You cannot get by with dated tech in a world where people are buying the latest and greatest on a consistent basis. People will NOT buy a XB0 to play 1080p games when they can have a Ipad 5 with super retina display playing equally high res video and games.
                          Lemme know when you can play high quality titles on an iPad. Best looking mobile game I have seen is Infinity Blade, but that isn't anything near what is done on a console.

Or a friggin 69$ Roku box.
                          You need to appeal to people in some way that people want. AAA title gaming is the only reason these boxes will exist in homes. High end cutting edge visuals are still the best way to sell games. What are you not following here ?
                          What you're saying is 1080p currently looks like shit. Is that what I'm getting here. I have said from the get go there is barely any native 1080p games so expecting games to jump to 4k sometime in the next 10 years is naive. It isn't gonna happen. Anyone who would rather play on an iPad and claim how great 4k is needs to be put down like a horse with a broken leg. Look at my sweet resolution on my tiny screen. Both of these consoles will run 4k video(Which I agree is a necessity), but claiming 4k gaming is a must is in no way correct considering devs won't even touch that resolution in this generation

Comment

• Swarley
                            A Special Kind of Cat
                            • Jul 2010

Aaaand more confusion...

The Xbox One will not require gamers to pay a fee to reactivate a used game, but it will require a regular online spot check to verify the authenticity of games being played, according to sources familiar with the system.
                            The Xbox One will automatically authenticate a game using an encryption code built into a game's disc, when it is installed on the machine. That authentication on the console's hard drive tied to the game is then verified regularly through an internet connection.

When a person sells the game or it is installed and played on another system, the game is deauthenticated on the original machine until the disc is brought back and used to re-authenticate the installation.

Our sources also said that there are no plans to charge gamers a fee to sell or reactive a used game. Earlier today, Microsoft's Larry Hryb touched on the topic of used games on his blog, but didn't say whether fees will be required.
                            This is just a fucking mess. They should have come straight out and said one way or another, or just waited until E3 to talk about some of these topics.

Full article on Polygon:

Comment

• jms493
                              • Feb 2009

Don't read anything anymore....its all bs. I'Il wait till someone has the system in hand with games and tries all this stuff out. It all seems like a big waste of time.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                                Kindergarten Cop
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                                Aaaand more confusion...

This is just a fucking mess. They should have come straight out and said one way or another, or just waited until E3 to talk about some of these topics.

Full article on Polygon:
                                http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/24/436...cks-used-games
                                Seth is right. The level of contradiction and confusion coming out of the M$ camp right now is unheard of.

Comment

Working...