• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
    What would you call it?
    Something completely different. If they wanted to keep the Xbox brand they shouldn't have named their SECOND console the 360. They fucked themselves because they were so busy trying to be clever so they didn't look inferior to the PS3.

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
      What would you call it?
      XBOX XTREME!

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
        XBOX XTREME!
        I was asking Twigg.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I'm not a marketing guy. I don't know, the Encompass, because it will encompass every aspect of media and be the center of entertainment in your living room? The Revolution, because it will revolutinize gaming? A name that Nintendo should've stuck with instead of changing the name to the Wii. So dumb.

I just find it hard to believe that a multi-billion dollar company like M$ can't come up with something better than Xbox.

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

XBOX XTREME!

There ya go. You're welcome.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              Something completely different. If they wanted to keep the Xbox brand they shouldn't have named their SECOND console the 360. They fucked themselves because they were so busy trying to be clever so they didn't look inferior to the PS3.
              You can't drop the Xbox name. Yes, they were idiots for putting 360 at the end of their 2nd console. But dropping 'Xbox' is the worst marketing decision they could possibly make. You can't drop a brand name.

Comment

• Aso
                The Serious House
                • Nov 2008

The real question is for the console after the 720 do they call it the 1440 or would it be the 1080 err what?

Comment

• Swarley
                  A Special Kind of Cat
                  • Jul 2010

The real question is for the console after the 720 do they call it the 1440 or would it be the 1080 err what?
                  Wont be called the 720, so that question is irrelevant.

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Swarley
                    Wont be called the 720, so that question is irrelevant.
                    I was just fucking around because it was retarded to call it the 360. They lacked some serious foresight.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                      You can't drop the Xbox name. Yes, they were idiots for putting 360 at the end of their 2nd console. But dropping 'Xbox' is the worst marketing decision they could possibly make. You can't drop a brand name.
                      Agreed, in a sense. But they screwed themselves already. Do they just go the Apple route and call the next one after this one the New Xbox? I mean wtf?

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                        • Feb 2009

The name was fine. It's synonymous with gaming the way ps2 was. They didn't have to think of another name for 8 years. That's pretty good.
                        They should just fuck with Apple, Nintendo,Samsung and call it the iBox Galaxy S Wii.
                        Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                          • Feb 2009

Question: Any indication yet on whether these units will be 4k capable?
                          Also do they mean kinect in the box... Or built in?... Who the fuck is gonna mount an xbox to the top of there tv.

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
                            Question: Any indication yet on whether these units will be 4k capable?
                            Also do they mean kinect in the box... Or built in?... Who the fuck is gonna mount an xbox to the top of there tv.
                            There have been a couple of rumors/speculations that Sony wants the next PlayStation to be 4k capable. I don't recall anything about Microsoft wanting it in the next Xbox.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                              • Feb 2009

I seriously hope so. Sony will likely Imo because they'll have tv sets to sell as well if it takes off. Instant 4k content.

I had my predispositions before but this gen I'm really likely to be a graphics whore if money allows. Only exclusive I care about on 360 is Gears. And that seems to have run its course with Cliff and a rod gone. BTW for shame on Ms as it seems that they are going against there own agenda by keeping this a console device and not really integrating Win8 desktop/laptop /phone environment.
                              I'd love to have a win tablet that will sync my current session to my xbox when I turn it on or leave my living room and have my netflix video playing on xbox pick up on my phone as I leave.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Polygon

Sources familiar with the Microsoft console tell Polygon that Microsoft, while already aware of Sony's launch timing, plans to hold its own announcement this spring, months after Sony's unveiling. A variety of form-factors for Microsoft's new console, we're told, are already being focus tested.

Both next generation consoles will focus on expanding their reach beyond core gaming to include more entertainment and social aspects, according to our sources. That could include, we're told, a subsidized version of the Xbox that serves as both a gaming platform and a cable box, though agreements with cable companies have yet to be finalized. Last year, The Verge reported that Microsoft was also working on a subsidized low-cost alternative to its next-gen console.

Microsoft has already experimented with subsidized Xbox 360s, offering discounted consoles to those willing to pay for a two-year Xbox Live membership.
                                Rumblings put it at March or April.

Comment

Working...