• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
    where the fuck have you been ya dbag? glad to see you came back
    You know that part in Batman where Bruce Wayne disappears for a while and is training with Ras Al Gul? That's what I was doing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

NO TWITCH!!!???

Comment

• Atlas
        BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
        • Feb 2010

a little disappointed, but hopefully this just means they dont want the quality issues that the ps4 twitch is having now... key word is hopefully

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

I would like to know of the 1 Million PS4s sold how many users have used the Twitch function. How many people actually know what Twitch is? It is a small bump in the road and only disappointing to the hardest of the hardcore.

Comment

• jtarr88
            Noob
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Atlas
            a little disappointed, but hopefully this just means they dont want the quality issues that the ps4 twitch is having now... key word is hopefully
            PS4/XB1 streaming should be 720p. Is there a way to tell what resolution it currently pumps out?

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
              I would like to know of the 1 Million PS4s sold how many users have used the Twitch function. How many people actually know what Twitch is? It is a small bump in the road and only disappointing to the hardest of the hardcore.
              You should hear how salty some of the current Twitch streamers are about it.

Folks that have been doing it for 1-2-3+ years, possibly getting paid revenue from it, having spent thousands on new rigs and capture hardware...

Not to mention the hours spent recording and editing involved to produce content...

And some New Jack bums with Next-Gen consoles get a free pass because it comes with the system?

There's not enough bandwidth to go around with PC streamers AND PS4 users now... after the XB1 rolls out, either Twitch will have something set so it can accommodate for everybody or something's gotta give.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JayDizzle

Folks that have been doing it for 1-2-3+ years, possibly getting paid revenue from it, having spent thousands on new rigs and capture hardware...

Not to mention the hours spent recording and editing involved to produce content...

And some New Jack bums with Next-Gen consoles get a free pass because it comes with the system?

There's not enough bandwidth to go around with PC streamers AND PS4 users now... after the XB1 rolls out, either Twitch will have something set so it can accommodate for everybody or something's gotta give.
                Twitch is overdue for some server upgrades anyways.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Honestly who cares. Most of the popular streams on Twitch are PC games anyway. The novelty will wear off on the console streaming after a while. It will spike here are there for big games like TitanFall and Halo and Uncharted.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
                    Honestly who cares. Most of the popular streams on Twitch are PC games anyway. The novelty will wear off on the console streaming after a while. It will spike here are there for big games like TitanFall and Halo and Uncharted.
                    Streaming has been a major selling point for both consoles since they've been announcing features for both pre-launch.

Not everybody will stream but for those looking forward to it... to those who were going to do it AT LAUNCH?

This is shitty news.

Comment

• jms493
                      • Feb 2009

Just an FYI Nvidia will be implementing a Streaming Feature in GeForce Experience in early 2014 for those with Nvidia Video cards. It is a free service. I am sure AMD will follow.

Streaming games by 2014 will be require no added software or hardware anymore PC or Console.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                        Posts a lot
                        • Jun 2009

You on dial-up?

No issues here... streams have been 720p

Comment

• Atlas
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Handleit_44
                          You on dial-up?

No issues here... streams have been 720p
                          the ps4 streams via the built in streamer are capped at 576p (as per r/ps4), so i doubt you are streaming at 720p...

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

I don't see why established Twitch streamers should feel threatened. The next gen consoles probably won't be able to get near the quality that you could with a dedicated machine capturing and/or streaming gameplay. Not to mention that they'll only be able to capture up to 15 minutes at a time.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

the ps4 streams via the built in streamer are capped at 576p (as per r/ps4), so i doubt you are streaming at 720p...
                              All of the PS4 streams I've seen look pretty good to me.

But either way, even 576p on PS4>0p on XBone.

Comment

• Atlas
                                • Feb 2010

Like I said, hopefully this just means they are working on the quality of streams... I did see on reddit where some twitch higher up said it was due to the drm stuff, ill post his tweet when I'm near a computer...

Comment

Working...