• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBill
    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    That makes zero sense then.

And if Atlas is saying a streaming version if a channel looks better than one that hecgets from his HD cable provider he's more full of shit than I ever thought he was.

But him lying to make the XBone sound greater than it is worth ld not surprise me in the slightest. At least PT said he didn't notice a difference.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.
    Depending on the codec and bitrate, streaming video can look every bit as good as broadcast or cable channels. For H.264 you need about an ~8GB stream to look as good as an MPEG2 OTA broadcast that is around 16M. I would imagine that the stream source is coming directly from the NFL servers and uses variable bitrate (VBR) that has a low/medium/high capability depending on what your Internet connection is capable of supporting.

Let's watch the swipes at each other

Comment

• Nucking Futs
      Word Life
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
      Why not stores most likely had a more XBOX Ones in stock they had a good amount at my target, stop being a fanboy.
      Why do you have more posts in this thread about a product you dislike than you do in the one about a product that you worship?

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
        Depending on the codec and bitrate, streaming video can look every bit as good as broadcast or cable channels. For H.264 you need about an ~8GB stream to look as good as an MPEG2 OTA broadcast that is around 16M. I would imagine that the stream source is coming directly from the NFL servers and uses variable bitrate (VBR) that has a low/medium/high capability depending on what your Internet connection is capable of supporting.

Let's watch the swipes at each other
        As good? Yes. Better? Not a chance. That was my point.

Comment

• Atlas
          BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
          • Feb 2010

Comcast HD is shitty, so i stand by my statement... stop trying to pick fights over everything you disagree with...

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

I'm not trying to start a fight. I just have a tendency to call out complete bullshit when I see it.

Comment

• Atlas
              • Feb 2010

how is it bullshit when you have never seen my HD via comcast... the app stream looks EXACTLY the same as the channel... and yes, you are throwing a hissy fit over nothing, classic twigg

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
                how is it bullshit when you have never seen my HD via comcast... the app stream looks EXACTLY the same as the channel... and yes, you are throwing a hissy fit over nothing, classic twigg
                You said it looks better, not the same. And if your direct cable connection looks worse than a stream of anything, I feel sorry for you and you shitty service.

Comment

• MrBill
                  Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                  • Feb 2009

On topic means on topic gentlemen

Comment

• Swarley
                    A Special Kind of Cat
                    • Jul 2010

Jesus tits, how about everybody just shuts the hell up.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

That's a very thankable post Swarles. Very status quo.

Comment

• Atlas
                        • Feb 2010

All I did was state my opinion on the things I've seen so far from my xbone, and I'm sorry for someone who doesn't even own one or has seen my HD redzone channel telling me I'm wrong.

That being said, having hooked up both consoles to my TV and not changing a damn thing, all the multi-plat games look exactly the same to both myself and my friend who was kind enough to bring his ps4 over to compare. So that bodes well for both consoles IMO.

edit: we did not have access to a wii u to compare it with the ps4/xbone, but im sure no one cares

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                          PTFO
                          • Mar 2009

That being said, having hooked up both consoles to my TV and not changing a damn thing, all the multi-plat games look exactly the same to both myself and my friend who was kind enough to bring his ps4 over to compare. So that bodes well for both consoles IMO.
                          I think as far as BF4 is concerned, the only really noticeable difference between the two console versions is the draw distance when you are aiming extremely far with a sniper rifle. The 720p vs 900p difference isn't much.

The install time sure is horrendous on the XB1 though, all I want to do is play BF4 and i'm watching this thing creep along

Comment

• Atlas
                            • Feb 2010

bf4 installed in about 5 mins before i was able to play...

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                              PTFO
                              • Mar 2009

bf4 installed in about 5 mins before i was able to play...
                              ..single player yes. The campaign will never even be booted on my XB1

With that being said I need XB1 bros gamertags so we can team up

Comment

• Primetime
                                Thank You Prince
                                • Nov 2008

For BF4:

NothingButTacos
                                Atlas VSN
                                Prim3time232

Comment

Working...