Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christguz
    I turned into a martian
    • Jul 2012

usually takes one try to get the party working, but once in a while it does act up.
    "No God or Kings. Only Man"

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

All this bad winter weather delayed my XB1 delivery until tomorrow.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Comment

• christguz
          I turned into a martian
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Swarley

Sweet. What games did you get with it?

Comment

• Swarley
            A Special Kind of Cat
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by christguz
            Sweet. What games did you get with it?
            I got it just for Forza 5 for now.

Comment

• Atlas
              BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
              • Feb 2010

Xbox One System Update

I wanted to let you know that later today a required Xbox One system update will become available. This update works a little bit differently than what fans are used to on Xbox 360. Here’s what you can expect:

A. If you are using the Xbox One “Instant On” (the low power state that allows you to instantly power up your console by saying “Xbox On”), your console automatically checks for updates when it you turn it off. Once we make the update available (on Tuesday, December 10th, 5:00 PM PT) this means the following will happen:

Your console will automatically download the update after you turn it off. Once the update has been downloaded in the background, your console will power completely down. Please note: You will need to manually power your console back on after the update has been downloaded. Because the update will power your console completely down, the “Xbox On” voice command won’t be available until after the update is fully installed.
              When you turn the console on you’ll see the update being applied. After that, your Xbox One will reboot. You’ll know the update is installing when you see the Xbox logo on the green background (like at the top of this post.) This can take anywhere from 2-5 minutes. Once the update has finished installing, you’ll boot to the Home screen and you’re all set.
              Don’t worry, if you are out of town for the holidays, you console also does regular checks for updates and will download it in the background even if you have not used you Xbox One in a couple of days.
              B. If you are not using the Xbox One “Instant On” feature, you will be required to download and apply this update after Thursday, December 12th at 4:00 PM PT.

This update addresses the following:

Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
              Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
              Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
              Addresses dashboard performance for some users
              Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
              Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users
              We’ve got quite a few updates planned for the next year based on the community feedback we’ve been seeing, and I’ll have details on those in the future.

Thanks and I’ll see you online.

System Update, Xbox One By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

permalink: http://majornelson.com/2013/12/10/xb...system-update/

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

in Before Handle posts

Since its launch 18 days ago, Xbox One is proving to be the must-have gift this holiday season with more than 2 million consoles sold through to consumers worldwide, averaging over 111,111 units sold per day – a record-setting pace for Xbox. Millions of fans around the world who have purchased Xbox One have shown incredible engagement with the all-in-one games and entertainment system, spending over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched on Nov. 22.

“We continue to be humbled and overwhelmed by the positive response from our fans. We are thrilled to see sales of Xbox One on a record-setting pace, with over 2 million Xbox One consoles in homes around the world. Demand is exceeding supply in our 13 launch markets and Xbox One is sold out at most retailers. We’re also particularly excited to see consumers engaging in a wide range of games and entertainment experiences on the platform, with more than 1 million paid transactions* on Xbox Live to date,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing, Xbox.

Xbox One is also proving to be the most popular online multiplayer community for gamers with over 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked and 595 million total Gamerscore achieved.

“Demand for next generation gaming continues to be very strong,” said John Love, director of video games at Amazon. “At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com.”

“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,” said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop. “GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”

“Xbox One is one of the hottest Christmas gifts this holiday season and was a top seller this Black Friday,” said Chris Nagelson, vice president of entertainment for Walmart U.S. “We are refreshing our inventory as fast as we can to ensure customers can give and receive the new console for Christmas.”

The Xbox team is continuing to work hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible this holiday season. To help people find Xbox One, Major Nelson recently shared some tips for consumers this holiday season.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                  Posts a lot
                  • Jun 2009

Both consoles selling well? Good news for everyone!

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

2M for Sony and MS? Gamers win

Comment

• christguz
                      I turned into a martian
                      • Jul 2012

Anyone looking to play battlefield, deadrising, or ghosts?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

He doesnt have to say "XBOX" when Kinect is in listening mode...how does he not know that? Or am I wrong?

How fast can you enter 50 Voice Commands with Kinect.

Comment

• Primetime
                          Thank You Prince
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jms493
                          He doesnt have to say "XBOX" when Kinect is in listening mode...how does he not know that? Or am I wrong?

How fast can you enter 50 Voice Commands with Kinect.
                          Some things still need xbox in front of it. Anything in green on the screen does not need the command.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                              Ok lets end this...I am done posting about MTs. They are in this game and a lot a bunch others (NBA, FIFA, GT6, NFS, ect, ect). If you dont like them then go play NES games.
                              Listening to the end of the CAGcast from I guess it's two weeks ago now, reminded me of this comment. During their write in segement there were THREE separate questions regarding microtransactions and FTP models in XBone games. Not qyestions about PC, PS4 or WiiU games, or even third party games for that matter, specificially MS games. That would indicate to me it appears to be a lot more prevalent on that platform. Are they in other games? Sure. But they're apparently prevelant in MS first party and some third party games. I can't vouch for NBA 2K but I hear they're bad in that game as well. I couldn't care less about FIFA but that's EA so that doesn't surprise me. Although EA usually has what I would consider acceptable ones with Ultimate Team stuff and what I consider cheat codes. If you want to pay $10 to unlock stuff that would take you hours upon hours, like courses in Tiger Woods, so be it. I don't think that's the same as nerfing an entire game economy. GT6? I'd have to see an example because I don't have it, nor have I seen any outcry about it. The only things I've seen have said it's like the Tiger Woods model where if you want to save your time you can just spend money for a short cut. As far as I know they didn't completely nerf the GT6 economy. I think paying for basically what amount to cheat codes is lame as fuck, but if you're like Dave and would rather spend your hard earned cash on new clubs in TW, so be it. It doesn't affect my game one iota. Nerfed economies do. I have NFS and never noticed a single MT or anything remotely consistent with a FTP model. But I've only played a few hours of the game so maybe it hasn't popped up yet.
                              I haven't seen any of this crap in first party Sony games like Killzone, Resogun, Knack (from video, I don't own the game), etc. And people wonder why I prefer Sony and PlayStation.
                              Hell, even everyone's favorite angry internet guy Francis specifically calls out M$ regarding this practice:

Like Cheapy D said, M$ is whale hunting with these models. It's digusting. Like Francis said (and it's interesting because this is actually the first one of his videos where I haven't seen him scream), "it makes me feel like shit".

At least with Killer Instinct the game was free, so that model made sense. But when you pay full retail price it's just gross and ridiculous.

I'm done ranting about this and I would like to add that I'm super glad that at least with Forza they relaized that no one wanted this shit and weren't going to be duped so they seem to have reversed their policies. I hope they do the same with Ryse nad whatever other games they have and discontinue this crap going forward.

It's not like I need much convincing to buy this console. I like to buy everything gaming related. Hell, I received a $30 coupon code from Best Buy for no good reason and I have another $30 or so in RZ coupons, which would be a nice savings if I wanted one. And the two BB stores closest to me always seem to have these in stock. But it's shit like this that makes me think I should stick with my original thoughts and opinions on M$ and never buy this thing because it doesn't look like they're ever going to change.

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

lol...like I'm going to read that wall of text.

I support Microtransactions!

Comment

Working...