X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atlas
    BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
    Well, back then the PS3 had wireless built in, a bluray player, controllers with built in rechargeable batteries (still do) and free online. Even though Xbox was $200 cheaper you had to pay an additional $375 (even though the hd-dvd player was shit and short lived).

The XBOne has no such arguments this gen.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk.
    TV TV TV TV TV TV TV!!!!!

Really tho, b/t the bones app system and my chromecast plugged into it, I have been able to cancel my cable and get everything I need from it.

As long as they deliver on the NFL stuff, I'll be as happy as a clam with this thing, especially since the ps4 can't match it in that aspect.

Comment

• Atlas
      • Feb 2010

The people that aren't agreeing have horrible reading comprehension skills and/or are Xbox fanboys. Not a huge surprise.

Basically just Maynard agreed with you, sooooooooooo yea

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
        I don't understand why you think everything I say is a shot at you, bc nothing I said in that post was more than just an answer for you. And now you've called me a moron.

Well, let's see. There was a litany of posts accusing me of saying that a free gift card, or in this case, free Xbox Live, was somehow a negative thing, when all I was saying was that you just can't subtract the gift card from the purchase price. Never once did I say it was a bad thing. But it's completely typical that the 'mouth breathers' around here would take a simple comment and run off in a completely different direction with it. Then you say "I don't see how that's a bad thing." Who else were you directing your comment to?
        And I've never once heard of a store just subtracting the price of a gc from a purchase, unless you're price matching a store that is offering a gc promotion and that is extremely ymmv. Why would the store offering the deal do that? The whole point is to force you to come back to make another purchase.

Comment

• MrBill
          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
          • Feb 2009

Back on point guys

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

TV TV TV TV TV TV TV!!!!!

Really tho, b/t the bones app system and my chromecast plugged into it, I have been able to cancel my cable and get everything I need from it.

As long as they deliver on the NFL stuff, I'll be as happy as a clam with this thing, especially since the ps4 can't match it in that aspect.
            I'll give you the tv thing, although that has become more of a hindrance than a benefit for me. But I have a lack of HDMI ports so...
            As for the apps, what apps allow you to cancel your tv? Netflix? Hulu? Both of which are on PS3/PS4.

Comment

• Atlas
              • Feb 2010

Well, let's see. There was a litany of posts accusing me of saying that a free gift card, or in this case, free Xbox Live, was somehow a negative thing, when all I was saying was that you just can't subtract the gift card from the purchase price. Never once did I say it was a bad thing. But it's completely typical that the 'mouth breathers' around here would take a simple comment and run off in a completely different direction with it. Then you say "I don't see how that's a bad thing." Who else were you directing your comment to?
              And I've never once heard of a store just subtracting the price of a gc from a purchase, unless you're price matching a store that is offering a gc promotion and that is extremely ymmv. Why would the store offering the deal do that? The whole point is to force you to come back to make another purchase.

I didn't quote any posts, so it was a general reply to everyone. Stop being so self absorbed and taking offense to everything said, and then resort to attacking me over nothing.

Again, if you aren't a total fucking asshole and ask them to do it, sometimes they will. Toys r us does it for me every time (given it was RDR and NCAA), and target is hit or miss, it just depends on what kind of mood the associate is in/if you're attractive enough.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

I didn't quote any posts, so it was a general reply to everyone. Stop being so self absorbed and taking offense to everything said, and then resort to attacking me over nothing.

Again, if you aren't a total fucking asshole and ask them to do it, sometimes they will. Toys r us does it for me every time (given it was RDR and NCAA), and target is hit or miss, it just depends on what kind of mood the associate is in/if you're attractive enough.

Didn't Bomber used to bang some of his customers when he worked at EB Games back in the day? Should we start counting that as part of these purchase deals since it happened. 001% of the time? What's the value in a lay from our boy Bomber anyway? That's gotta be worth at least a $25 gc so just go ahead and subtract that from the price.

Comment

• Primetime
                  Thank You Prince
                  • Nov 2008

A $50 gift card has now turned into money for prostitution.....fascinating.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime
                    A $50 gift card has now turned into money for prostitution.....fascinating.
                    Are you saying a romp with Bomber is only worth $50?!? (A typical tangent most people here would go on if I posted the exact same statement.)

Comment

• Atlas
                      • Feb 2010

I have no idea what this turned into, but basically if you can talk to people and know how to manipulate them, you can get them to apply a gift card to the purchase.

Also for the tv/app stuff: amazon instant, crackle, foxnow, fxnow, ESPN, Hulu, Netflix MLB, nfl, skype, redbox, fios on demand and soon xfinity on demand and hbogo.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

I have no idea what this turned into, but basically if you can talk to people and know how to manipulate them, you can get them to apply a gift card to the purchase.

Also for the tv/app stuff: amazon instant, crackle, foxnow, fxnow, ESPN, Hulu, Netflix MLB, nfl, skype, redbox, fios on demand and soon xfinity on demand and hbogo.
                        Bring able to manipulate some rube doesn't equal a deal or make it a reality for most people.

Skype-not tv
                        Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, Netflix, MLB, Redbox- all on PS4
                        Fios & Xfinity- Don't you have to subscribe to those services in order to utilize them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Comment

• Atlas
                          • Feb 2010

Bring able to manipulate some rube doesn't equal a deal or make it a reality for most people.

Skype-not tv
                          Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, Netflix, MLB, Redbox- all on PS4
                          Fios & Xfinity- Don't you have to subscribe to those services in order to utilize them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

it does matter if you can get them to apply the gift card to the purchase price (lol at them being a rube, sometimes people will do nice things for you if you treat them well and not like a rube ).

skype is an app that i use a lot, hence me saying tv/app stuff...

i know those are on ps4...

i have my internet through xfinity, so it doesnt matter, but I guess so?

still leaves fxnow, foxnow, nfl, ESPN, though, not to mention the ability to plug a chromecast/apple tv/roku/amazon poop fire into the HDMI in it has... also the kinect, which i know you hate, but i absolutely love it (havent touched a remote since november)...

the xbone does more of what i want, and its why i chose it over the ps4. the price difference means dick to me, nor does the resolution differences for shitty port's of games I won't play. once dev's figure out how to work with the directx12 and all the terrible inferior ram it has, games will be 1080p and people will finally shut the fuck up and get back to gaming.

edit: i forgot about vudu, xbox fitness, xbox music, snapping pandora/youtube/twitch/tv/pretty much anything else while i game, using onedrive, and being able to stream anything on my laptop to it... i know a lot of that shit doesnt matter to HARDCORE GAMERZZZ, but it does have mass appeal and it's why i bought it. it truly is the one device that controls everything in my living room.

Comment

• Nucking Futs
                            Word Life
                            • Jul 2010

Xbox Rocks Twigg.

Get with the program.

o TH3 N3RD o

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
                              PTFO
                              • Mar 2009

I can't believe I just read all of this argument.

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

pretty lame huh?

Comment

Working...