Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

Oh and btw... Ratbag? Best video game name of all time.

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

Really just loving the shit out of this game. It's so hard to stay focused at times, because I'm getting delight out of finding and murdering those that took me down at one point.

One thing that I found interesting though is that to me, it seems super obvious that this was at one point meant to be a Batman game. Even the Nemesis system would meld perfectly with a Batman game.

Comment

• j.hen
        Self Care
        • Oct 2008

My only gripe with the game thus far (and I'm really nitpicking here) is a problem Ass Creed 3 and Arkham City both had too, and that's that the skin you choose to play with isnt incorporated into the cutscenes. Not a big deal but it would be cool to see Talion in the dark ranger skin in all of the kickass cutecenes.

I love the Wraith's visions, I've seen 5/8 of them and they're really starting to get good. I love how huge of a character the Wraith was within the LotR lore. Won't spoil anything but when I realized who he was.... Mind. Blown. Talion and him have a lot in common, when they were alive anyway. The dynamic these two characters share as the game goes on is so awesome.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

how do you get intel from the guys who are marked intel on the map? i just keep killing these guys

Comment

• j.hen
            Self Care
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Maynard
            how do you get intel from the guys who are marked intel on the map? i just keep killing these guys
            You gotta get their health down/sneak up on them and grab them and it'll come up with which button to press. I think it's O. Or at least on PS4 it is.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Nope you grab them and press X to "dominate" them to gain Intel. Just got on and checked.

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Yeah, you only have to weaken captains, depending on their weaknesses/strengths. Although since in most cases the guys that have intel are surrounded by other dudes, you'll have to be a bit strategic with who you hit/execute. Think Arkham City only a bit less forgiving.

Comment

• Maynard
                  stupid ass titles
                  • Feb 2009

very unforgiving. the packs of assholes swarm me and i am getting killed alot. probably 10 times. 1 guy went up the ranks to power 15 (not sure what that means that he is power 15) but then i faced him in a stronghold 1 on 1 and beat his ass no problem.

speaking of which, how do you take over a stronghold?

great game btw. just a hell of alot of fun. I only did the 1st quest so far. I am just running around fighting.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

Trying to level a Lowbie into a Warchief is gonna be a challenge.

Letting a scrub "kill" you, move up a rank and THEN indirectly keeping him alive because he's scrapping against higher leveled enemies is daunting.

ESPECIALLY since these said Lowbies tend to run off from the fight and get KILLED OFF-SCREEN.

Comment

• cf24
                      WESTBROOK
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                      Yup. The only thing that puts me to sleep faster is Harry Potter.

I know clwnbby will loooooooooove to hear that.
                      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....

Bought it Tuesday, haven't gotten to open it yet since my October movie marathon has taken my time. And with Smash Bros coming out tomorrow...gonna be a good weekend.

Comment

• Maynard
                        stupid ass titles
                        • Feb 2009

are you guys following the main story for the most part? i am thinking about starting over since i have been killed so many times. not sure if it matters except that alot of uruks are leveling up.
                        when you get killed why do other uruks level up too?

anyone know how many ability points total you get in this game? not sure if i should hold them until i open up more levels of abilities

Comment

• j.hen
                          Self Care
                          • Oct 2008

are you guys following the main story for the most part? i am thinking about starting over since i have been killed so many times. not sure if it matters except that alot of uruks are leveling up.

anyone know how many ability points total you get in this game? not sure if i should hold them until i open up more levels of abilities
                          I wouldn't start over. Talion can't really die because he's not of this world. You get XP and power each time you die anyways. And other Uruks level up once you die because some time passes so the Uruk's events or whatever get over. Such as feasts or hunts and duels. These are the events you can interrupt. Not sure about how many skill points you get but I've been spending the points all throughout the game.

I finished the story and just have to do the side stuff now and work on that Plat.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

So, Maynard seems to be having difficulty with the game, but most of you other guys are not. Maynard is old and most of you other guys are not. I am also old.

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              So, Maynard seems to be having difficulty with the game, but most of you other guys are not. Maynard is old and most of you other guys are not. I am also old.
                              I'm 31, so not as young as these other guys. But I was very good at the Batman games, which is really the most important part.

That being said, I have died my fair share. Usually my fault, for either not preparing properly, or not running when I get sucked into a fight where I am in over my head. All of that being said though, like Batman, you start to get the hang of it and get into grooves. Last night I hit a point where I just could not be stopped, between being more powerful and just really being in sync with the different enemy types.

It's my second favorite game of the year so far, and for what it's worth, I border on outright disliking Tolkien stuff.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Comment

Working...