Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

I'm not sure if you guys are aware but make sure you kick enemies when their already down. Even after you get the XP for the 'kill', kick them while they are on the ground writhing in pain and you will get another XP point.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ryne candy
      Anyone playing the game as Evil? I'm stuck early in the game.....I'm under the bridge and have crossed the first set of pipes....but I'm stuck behind the large fenced gate. I don't know how to climb it (has barbed wire) or bring it down.
      Go around to the left. You should get your first blast shard as you scale around the bridge support. Also, make sure you watch for the pipes shooting out the steam or it will knock you off the ledge.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Maynard
        never paid one bit of attention to this game until today. watched the GT videos and the game looks sick. Looks like Crackdown on steroids. Only thing missing are orbs....but maybe thats what blast shards are for???

IGN says
        both story lines??? 25-30 hrs for a SP game isnt bad especially if its loads of fub
        Yeah, the 'blast shards' are very similar to the orbs in Crackdown. For every few you collect you gain 'level up'. For the first three you level up, then the next 13...and so on. It's just as addicting as Crackdown.

And yeah, there are basically two different story lines. You can either go through the game and help people and earn good karma or you can just fuck everyone up and be an evil bad ass just looking out for yourself. You can also mix in both if you so desire. I'm going to try to play through as good and then replay the game as a bad guy.

This game is so much fun. There are all of these side missions where if you help people out you gain control of that particular section of the city. So much to do.

By the way, what difficulty are you guys on? After playing through the tutorial levels the game said it was placing me on the HARD difficulty based on my performance. I didn't think I did that great but, oh well. You can change difficulties at any time though so that's cool.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

I just completed this mission where you had to travel through the sewers. The lighting is awesome. All the light comes from the energy pulsing through you.

Comment

• Sean
            No longer a noob
            • Nov 2008

i think i might wait till prototype comes out, see if its any good, if not, get this

Comment

• CR Knight
              All about the DA U
              • Oct 2008

this game is fucking awesome.
              sigpic

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Tip:
                I can not stress the importance of using your radar enough. Click L3 often. Not only does it show you where sources of electricity are but it also shows you were the blast shards are. They appear as dark blue dots on your mini map.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Man, this game must be long. I've been playing since Noon today, minus about an hour for dinner, and I'm not even done the first island.

Comment

• CR Knight
                    All about the DA U
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                    Man, this game must be long. I've been playing since Noon today, minus about an hour for dinner, and I'm not even done the first island.
                    I've played about 7 hours total between yesterday and today and I'm still on the 1st island too.

tip: max out your damage reduction before upgrading your other powers. you won't get ass raped when fighting groups of reapers as often.

The story is gets pretty good, btw.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

I actually can't believe I've been sticking with Hard difficulty and doing pretty decent.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

I've played for about 15 hours today and I'm almost finished the first island.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

I've seen some cool ass random things in this game.
                          One time I jumped down from a building and was shooting at at a Reaper as I was falling. Cole automatically grabbed on to a street light with one hand as I continued to pummel the enemies.
                          Another time I was ducking behind a bus stop and using it for cover as I was getting pellted by fire. One of the Reaper shots shattered the gals of the bus stop overhang right next to me.
                          I also love the sense of momentum. I was riding on top of the train to get to an objective quicker. I jumped off and Cole rolled and slid for several feet after he hit the ground. It wasn't graceful either and it looked realistic as shit.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Unlocking new powers is fucking awesome too. Shock grenades rock! You can stick them to enemies ala Halo. Grinding on electrical wires and train tracks kicks ass too.

And I just unlocked the precision fire. Bad ass.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Precision fire is awesome but drains your electricity quick as shit.

I finally finished the first island and I also just unlocked Static Glide. Sweet.

Comment

• Maynard
                                stupid ass titles
                                • Feb 2009

how big is the island your on? anything u can compare it too?

you better not be MM hyping this game cause i was ohhhh so close to buying it last night

Comment

Working...