X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderHorse
    Grind.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MrBill
    I think people are drawing conclusions based on what we see being communicated. While Damon Grow has been doing a solid job getting the word out on the game, if he were associated with any work being done by 2K or on behalf of 2K, a developer would not be the one giving you news on the title. It would be coming from 2K's PR departmen.

Secondly, the tweets from the man who's name is on the game. He's visiting MS' campus, which leads to speculation that they are developing the game. Considering the close relationship between Natural Motion Studios and MS, it makes sense that they partner together and develop a game using the updated Euphoria engine (first seen in Backbreaker and most recently in GTA V).

It's all speculation but that scenario can't be dismissed based on what we do know.

But it's already pretty much common knowledge at this point that this game is being developed using the Unreal 4 Engine.

I'm no tech guy, but I thought those were different engines.

I've already touched on 2K. Plenty of people have already stated there is zero possibility 2K is working on this game, specifically "higher ups" at OS that have discussed the possibilities with their old contacts from 2K. My point was more that Grow and his team have stated more than once that they are using the 2K game for inspiration.

Now unless the Unreal 4 engine is directly related to Backbreaker's Euphoria engine, which is possible because I honestly don't know anything about that type of stuff, I still don't see why people are making that connection.

Montana retweeted this tweet his personal twitter account

Comment

• Golden Taters
      RIP West
      • Jul 2009

The game is confirmed to be using Unreal Engine 4...

Comment

• tjcagsfl
        Noob
        • Jun 2014

Someone else has seen the game live.

Mark Rein is the vice president and co-founder of Epic Games, creators of the Unreal Engine and the Unreal game franchise. He is also a co-owner of the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes.

Mark Rein on Twitter:

Mar 4, 2015 - Today a developer showed me a football (NFL-style) game done in @UnrealEngine 4 that looked better than any NFL game I've ever seen!

Damon Grow confirmed via tweet that he was talking about JM16.

Comment

• buckeye
          Noob
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by tjcagsfl
          Someone else has seen the game live.

Mark Rein is the vice president and co-founder of Epic Games, creators of the Unreal Engine and the Unreal game franchise. He is also a co-owner of the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes.

Mark Rein on Twitter:

Mar 4, 2015 - Today a developer showed me a football (NFL-style) game done in @UnrealEngine 4 that looked better than any NFL game I've ever seen!

Damon Grow confirmed via tweet that he was talking about JM16.
          I'm hoping for a good game but I will believe that when I see it. ^^^^ It's not like he is unbiased.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
            KINGS DO KING THINGS
            • Feb 2014

First of all let me start by saying that I have been called an EA Madden fanboy in the past (but I deny it every time). I have always been to the idea that EA spends a lot of money and has the years of experience that even if someone were to enter this market they would be light years behind.

The truth of the matter though is that "next gen" technology has not been good to the Madden series (other than the graphic upgrades). The Madden series has struggled the last five years when it comes to the simulation side of football. Madden right now excels in MUT (if thats your thing). IMO the NCAA series flat out blew the doors off of madden the last three years of its existence and not sure if its even the same development team (I am sure the game changers could answer that). The die hard madden guys like us at VSN have been playing a broken CFM mode for almost a year. In fact the more seasons we put in the more broken we can see the game get. The broken down progression and confidence modifiers have taken what used to be a simulation football game and has turned it into an arcade football game by fluctuating player ratings in the 90's.

It is the madden rumor season and I agree with buckeye in that "I will believe it when I see it" but rest assured I will be front and center picking it up if it does release and is dubbed as a simulation football game. The community is ready for a breath of fresh air and at the very least will provide some much needed competition.
            Last edited by HardHittnOzone; 04-20-2015, 06:47 PM.
            sigpic
            220 - MGA
            TWITCH CHANNEL
            "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

• ThunderHorse
              Grind.
              • Nov 2008

Comment

• RosettaStoned
                Throbbing Tebowner
                • Oct 2008

I can't see tweets on tapatalk. Can a brother get a screen cap?
                So, metaphorically speaking, our physiology basically has the universe mapped out and you're thinking it needs to be taught addition & subtraction.

-Alan Aragon

Comment

• HardHittnOzone
                  KINGS DO KING THINGS
                  • Feb 2014

5/16 Update... Not a lot, but something

sigpic
                  220 - MGA
                  TWITCH CHANNEL
                  "Kings Do King Things"

Comment

Working...