NBA Franchise of the Year: Passion. Pride. Pacers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfbmike
    Goat****er
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Vinsane
    Wrap this shit up Mike, playoff time.
    Yeah, been kinda caught up with some other stuff lately. I need a fuckin day off! I've been holding down the fort at work with my boss out of town. Beginning the planning of my wedding, as well as trying to get our PS3 NBA2k9 league off the ground. I swear, I'm gonna bang out like 5 games the 1st day off I get to sit down and play. :laughing:

Can't wait. The playoffs are gonna be exciting this year. :flex:

Comment

• mfbmike
      Goat****er
      • Nov 2008

Pacers Weekly Stats Update:

Starters:

Reserves:

Players Of The Week:

Western Conference

Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets

Eastern Conference

Danny Granger - Indiana Pacers

Weekly Conference Standings Update:

1. (48-25)

2. (45-27)

3. (44-29)

4. (43-30)

5. (41-31)

6. (39-32)

7. (38-34)

8. (37-35)

9. (36-36)

10. (35-38)

11. (34-38)

12. (31-40)

13. (31-40)

14. (28-43)

15. (26-46)

1. (47-25)

2. (45-27)

3. (44-29)

4. (42-29)

5. (41-31)

6. (38-34)

7. (37-35)

8. (34-39)

9. (34-39)

10. (31-43)

11. (29-42)

12. (28-44)

13. (27-46)

14. (26-46)

15. (23-49)

Comment

• SuperNova854
        Hobo Pride
        • Nov 2008

Granger avg 45.0 ppg that weak. DAAAAAAMN

1984 Record: 44-38 (9th in west)
        1985 Record: 42-40 (7th in west; 1st round exit)
        1986 Record: 51-31 (3rd in west; swept in finals)

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"

Comment

• mfbmike
          Goat****er
          • Nov 2008

Pacers Get Outmuscled And Outplayed By Young Talent In Possible Playoff Preview

Starting Lineups:
          Andre Miller (80) PG (80) Acie Law
          Jamal Crawford (81) SG (93) Joe Johnson
          Danny Granger (90) SF (91) Josh Smith
          Rasheed Wallace (85) PF (93) Carlos Boozer
          Chris Kaman (89) C (90) Al Horford

(44-29) 99 @ 116 (41-31)

Chris Kaman was held to only 6 points and 7 rebounds on 3-11 shooting from the field in the Pacers loss.

Top Performers:
          Player Of The Game:

Carlos Boozer

Quote Of The Game:
          "This is a team we could easily see in the 1st round of the playoffs and we just didn't bring it tonight. They came out physical, aggressive and made a statement. Yeah, they are a young team but they aren't going to be pushed around down there. Chris just didn't look like himself out there either. We need his presence to be felt down there in order to be successful in the postseason." - Pacers Head Coach Jim O' Brien

Next Game:
          Last edited by mfbmike; 05-28-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• jags224
            El Contusion
            • Oct 2008

damn the hawks have 4 players 90+, and damn the twolves are doing big things i gues they are 3rd in the west, do they have anyone new or something?
            "From the time he hits the court, he plays at a competitive level that you rarely see," Popovich says. "He does the exact same things that Kobe (Bryant) does, that Michael Jordan did.

Comment

• mfbmike
              Goat****er
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jags224
              damn the hawks have 4 players 90+, and damn the twolves are doing big things i gues they are 3rd in the west, do they have anyone new or something?
              They signed A.I. in the offseason and it seems like his shoot first mentality is just what the team needed considering they don't have any lights out scorers who demand touches. They also traded Corew Brewer for Deshawn Stevenson last year and he is their 6th man. They also drafted B.J. Mullens and he plays behind Kevin Love and A.J. Foye is having a breakout year it seems. They still have Mike Miller/Gomes/Telfair. They are by far the most improved team from when I started.

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

tough loss but that team looks stacked

Comment

• mfbmike
                  Goat****er
                  • Nov 2008

Nets Couldn't Hit The Broad Side Of A Barn At The Izod As Pacers Win By Double Digits

Starting Lineups:
                  Andre Miller (80) PG (85) Devin Harris
                  Jamal Crawford (81) SG (89) Vince Carter
                  Danny Granger (90) SF (76) Jarvis Hayes
                  Rasheed Wallace (85) PF (78) Yi Jianlian
                  Chris Kaman (89) C (78) Brook Lopez

(44-30) 117 @ 104 (27-46)

Javaris Crittenton scored all 8 of his points off the Pacers bench in the early minutes of the 4th quarter.

Top Performers:
                  Player Of The Game:

Danny Granger

Quote Of The Game:
                  "This team has given us trouble in the past. They love to get out on the break but we did a good job of getting back on defense and really took them out of their transition game. We sagged off of them for a majority of the night and they couldn't make us pay. They were ice cold, shooting only 5-33 from 3." - Pacers Coach Jim O' Brien

Next Game:

Comment

• mfbmike
                    Goat****er
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by TexasFan101
                    nice win man, how do u like crittention, and kaman?
                    Crittenton is the shit. I loved him in 2k8. When you first get him, you definitely need to work on his outside shooting. Once his outside game is developed he is an incredibly versatile scorer and can run the point or play the 2. A great underrated combo guard in the game.

Kaman is great. He won the DPOTY for me last year but lately seems like he is getting pushed around. He's not averaging the double double he was averaging last season. Sean Williams is just about ready and if Kaman's subpar play continues, I will put him on the block. It's something that's in the back of my head because Williams' morale is starting to drop all of a sudden. :|

Comment

• mfbmike
                      Goat****er
                      • Nov 2008

Sore Knee Will Sideline Miller

Andre Miller bumped knees with New Jersey's Devin Harris in the 2nd quarter of the Pacers 117-104 win against the Nets lastnight.

Miller left the game early in the 2nd quarter but was back on the floor after halftime to help lead the Pacers to victory.

Accoring to a team spokesman, Miller's knee felt extremely sore after the game and today during practice. With the pain persisting, the Pacers will allow Miller to rest the knee to prevent further injury.

Miller will miss roughly 5 days, including the Pacers upcoming game against the Sacramento Kings, who the Pacers traded with to acquire Miller at this season's trade deadline.

Miller is averaging 13 points and 7 assists per game this season.

Coach Jim O' Brien said the starting lineup he will use with Miller out would be a "gametime decision."

We are presuming the Pacers will allow Brandon Rush to get the start and slide Jamal Crawford back to the point but with Javaris Crittenton sparking an early 4th quarter run in the Pacers last game, there's always the possibility he could earn the start.

Comment

• mfbmike
                        Goat****er
                        • Nov 2008

Injuries:

The Cleveland Cavaliers lost two key players in their last win against the scrappy Detroit Pistons. Rookie Vladimir Dasic suffered a broken hand and will be out for 29 days while Delonte West suffered a severe ankle sprain and will be out for 25 days. With there being less than a month in the regular season, these two players will miss the remainder of the season as well as a majority of any first round series. This is huge news for the Indiana Pacers, who are more than likely to face the Cavs in the first round, who eliminated them a season ago in the Eastern Conference Finals, 4-1.

Other News:

- Celtics clinch playoff berth with win
                        - Bryant, Lakers edge Hornets 103-100
                        - Kevin Martin set to return against Heat
                        - Jason Kidd ready to return against Nuggets
                        - Clippers fans rejoice after team clinches playoff spot
                        - Cavs start slow, finish strong in 115-111 win over Pistons
                        - Bayless scores 19 to help Blazers hold off Sixers
                        - T'Wolves clinch a playoff spot with win

Comment

• mfbmike
                          Goat****er
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by IVODEM
                          Tough injury but look at the bright side, you have a nice young Point guard in Crittenton and the picture is delicious!

lol Also why does #16 on the Nets not have a name?
                          Not sure why he doesn't have a name. lol. Bugged I guess. That was Ricky Rubio btw. Yeah, he spent too much time in the tanning booth.

A lot of people in New Jersey do. Full of guidos.

Comment

• LC AAU
                            • Oct 2008

That picture is sick, and the rookies names don't come up in the screenshots, which I always felt was extremely gay. I think you'll reach the playoffs before me :O.
                            sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• FishStickZ
                              I'm a fish, yo.
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mfbmike

Injuries:

The Cleveland Cavaliers lost two key players in their last win against the scrappy Detroit Pistons. Rookie Vladimir Dasic suffered a broken hand and will be out for 29 days while Delonte West suffered a severe ankle sprain and will be out for 25 days. With there being less than a month in the regular season, these two players will miss the remainder of the season as well as a majority of any first round series. This is huge news for the Indiana Pacers, who are more than likely to face the Cavs in the first round, who eliminated them a season ago in the Eastern Conference Finals, 4-1.

Other News:

Ownage.

Comment

• SuperNova854
                                Hobo Pride
                                • Nov 2008

Rookie names dont come up in screen shots if the name isnt in the database. Griffin's name comes up since his name is in the database.

Originally posted by mfbmike

Injuries:

Other News:

get some betches
                                Last edited by mfbmike; 05-30-2009, 06:49 PM.

1984 Record: 44-38 (9th in west)
                                1985 Record: 42-40 (7th in west; 1st round exit)
                                1986 Record: 51-31 (3rd in west; swept in finals)

The Grizzlies theme this season should be : "This Season, We're Doing It For The Lulz"

Comment

Working...