X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
    WTF, you serious? I went on the Ravens website and it said under "transactions" that he had been released to free agency
    He was but was then re-signed I believe to a 2 year contract.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
      Ryan Luxem
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
      He was but was then re-signed I believe to a 2 year contract.
      Oh. Fuck, I'm way behind the signings and shit.
      Originally posted by Fox1994
      lol. wtf? I'm gonna follow, out of curiosity. :D
      Well...I hope that's a compliment. Glad to have you following anyway
      Originally posted by beamerball811
      Brady Quinn is in Denver.
      Sorry, forgot to change that. I know, but I figured it out after the update. Thanks for noticing

----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Update tonight. I'm heading to camp from Sunday until Friday, I'll update Saturday and Sunday, then I'm gone again--fuck that--from Monday until Thursday. After that I'm hope the rest of the summer, so then I'll update every day again. Please keep this bumped while I'm gone.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
      I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• packersfan4eva
        Ryan Luxem
        • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: AFC East

The AFC East will be a very exciting division to watch. The Patriots and Jets, two teams that both have a shot at making the playoffs and winning some postseason games, will be fighting all season for the division championship. The Dolphins are a great team, but a brutal schedule will kill them early in the season. The Bills? They can probably scrap out a few wins in the final weeks. But if the Dolphins had an easier schedule, and if the Bills had made some smarter off-season decisions over the past few season, we would be looking at one of the greatest divisions in NFL history.

---------------------------------------
        1st Place: New York Jets
        2009 Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
        2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 13-3 (1st)
        Major Additions: Antonio Cromartie (CB), LaDanian Tomlinson (HB), Santonio Holmes (WR)
        Major Losses: Thomas Jones (HB), Jay Feely (K), Alan Faneca (G)
        Key Players (Off.): Nick Mangold (C), LaDanian Tomlinson (HB), Shonn Green (HB)
        Key Players (Def.): Darelle Revis (CB), Kris Jenkins (DT), David Harris (MLB)

The Jets, a wild-card team who made a surprising run to the AFC Championship game last season, look to build on their late-season success in '09 with a Superbowl championship in '10. Offensively, the loss of Thomas Jones (cut) hurts, but the addition of Tomlinson and the improvement of Shonn Green should make up for his loss. Mark Sanchez is still raw, but with a season under his belt, 2010 should be his best season yet. On the defensive side of the ball, They have done nothing but improve; Darelle Revis proved to be the top corner in the NFL, and the addition of Antonio Cromartie should make passing the ball hell for opposing teams.

----------------------------------------
        2nd Place: New England Patriots
        2009 Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (1st)
        2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (2nd)
        Major Additions: Alge Crumpler (TE), Torry Holt (WR)
        Major Losses: None
        Key Players (Off.): Tom Brady (QB), Logan Mankins (LG), Randy Moss (WR)
        Key Players (Def.): Vince Wilfolk (DT), Ty Warren (LE), Jerod Mayo (MLB)

Since the Patriots made no significant off-season moves, I can't see them doing any better than last season. While other teams have either improved (New York Jets) or gotten worse (Pittsburgh Steelers), the Patriots have stayed at the same level. My biggest question is how well the Pats defense can hold up. Without any big-name stars, it's up to younger and less experienced players to lead the Patriots back to the Superbowl. Their biggest concern on that side of the ball, in my opinion, is the cornerbacks. Their best CB is Leigh Bodden--who?--, who has an 82 overall. New England appears to be a team that will need to score 35 or 40 points a game to win.

3rd Place: Miami Dolphins
        2009 Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (3rd)
        2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 6-10 (3rd)
        Major Additions: Brandon Marshall (WR),
        Major Losses: Jason Taylor (LB/DE), Joey Porter (LB)
        Key Players (Off.): Ronnie Brown (HB), Brandon Marshall (WR), Jake Long (LT)
        Key Players (Def.): Karlos Dansby (MLB), Randy Starks (DT), Vontae Davis (CB)

The Dolphins, in my opinion, aren't a terrible team, but their daunting early-season schedule will be tough to overcome; they face the Vikings, Jets, Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens in consecutive games. They are expected to lose all of those games--except maybe the Steelers game--which will all but knock them out of playoff contention. However, this team will still be exciting to watch, thanks to their great implementation of the Wildcat, a college-friendly playbook that works to some degree in the NFL.

4th Place: Buffalo Bills
        2009 Record (Div. Place): 6-10 (4th)
        2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 5-11 (4th)
        Major Additions: C.J. Spiller (HB)
        Major Losses: Terrell Owens (WR)
        Key Players (Off.): Fred Jackson (HB), Brian Moorman (P), Lee Evans (WR)
        Key Players (Def.): Terrance McGee (CB), Jairus Byrd (FS), Marcus Stroud (LE)

The Bills are getting worse every season. The Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999 (doesn't seem long ago? Their starting quarterback that season was Doug Flutie), which is losing them fans and making the few loyal people who go to every game antsy. If Bills fans are thinking that this is finally the year they will do well, they are wrong. They have made absolutely no off-season moves of any importance, leaving C.J. Spiller (their 1st round draft pick) the only incoming player to watch out for. The loss of Terrell Owens actually isn't a "Major Loss" because it will help the team in the long run, but in the meantime they have no major wide receiver apart from Lee Evans. All-in-all, this will be one of the most boring teams in the NFL to watch; I would avoid them at all costs.

I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• beamerball811
          Senior Year
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
          Sorry, forgot to change that. I know, but I figured it out after the update. Thanks for noticing
          No biggy, just tryin to help out.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
            Ryan Luxem
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by beamerball811
            No biggy, just tryin to help out.
            :heart:

I'm heading off to camp in about 45 minutes, so my next update will be on Saturday. Please keep this bumped and ready while I'm gone.

Comment

• Gonzo
              Colts Supremicist
              • Dec 2008

Bump. Seems interesting.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                Ryan Luxem
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gonzo
                Bump. Seems interesting.
                Appreciate you following.

Back from camp. Two updates today

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                  Ryan Luxem
                  • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: NFC North

The NFC North is my favorite division. Not only does it have a plethora of nicknames (the "Black and Blue" division, the "NFC Norris," the "Frozen lolz,"), but is also has the most history; it's the oldest division in the NFL (the teams combine for 229 years of existence) and has been apart of some of the most memorable games in NFL history. To go along with that, it has one of the most prolific rivalries in all of sports (Packers vs. Bears vs. Vikings). This should be an exciting division to watch.

1st Place: Green Bay Packers
                  2009 Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (2nd)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (1st)
                  Major Additions: Bryan Bulaga (OT), Mike Neal (DT)
                  Major Losses: Aaron Kampman (DE/LB), Johnny Jolly (DT), Mike Montgomery (DT)
                  Key Players (Off.): Aaron Rodgers (QB), Greg Jennings (WR), Donald Drivers (WR)
                  Key Players (Def.): Charles Woodson (CB), Nick Collins (FS), A.J. Hawk (LB)

The Packers, who suffered a crushing season-ending loss to the Arizona Cardinals in the '09 playoffs--are back and better than ever. Led by their high-flying offense and occasionally good defense, Green Bay has the potential to win as many as 13 or 14 games. They only have two things standing in their way: 1. Their inconsistent defense, and 2. Their offensive line. The Packers defense was 1st in the NFL in turnovers in '09 and will probably do the same thing in '10, but they also tended to give up a huge amount of points (they lost to the Arizona Cardinals 51-45 to end their season). Their offensive line just flat-out sucks, giving Aaron Rodgers almost no time to throw the ball. If they can fix those problems, they'll be a great team.

2nd Place: Minnesota Vikings
                  2009 Record (Div. Place): 12-4 (1st)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (2nd)
                  Major Additions: Mike Montgomery (DT), Lito Sheppard (CB)
                  Major Losses: Chester Taylor (HB), maybe Brett Favre (QB)
                  Key Players (Off.): Adrian Peterson (HB), Percy Harvin (WR), Steve Hutchinson (LG)
                  Key Players (Def.): Kevin and Pat Williams (DT), Jared Allen (RE)

I know, I know, I'm reaching by picking the Packers to beat the Vikings. The Vikings added more talent to their team in the off-season than they lost, Adrian Peterson is even better than last year, and they have a chip on their shoulder from last season. However, people are overlooking one thing, and that's team chemistry; with their quarterback uncertainty, Tavaris Jackson will be starting, but he knows that as soon as Favre comes back he's going back to the bench. That makes him edgy and not as good as he could be. If Brett does come back, it will throw the whole team's rythym off, and if he doesn't come back the Vikings are stuck with Jackson at QB. If you don't have great chemistry or a great quarterback, your team will not succeed.

3rd Place: Chicago Bears
                  2009 Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (3rd)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (3rd)
                  Major Additions: Chester Taylor (HB), Julius Peppers (DE),
                  Major Losses: Nathan Vasher (CB)
                  Key Players (Off.): Olin Kreutz (C), Matt Forte (HB), Greg Olsen (TE)
                  Key Players (Def.): Lance Briggs (LB), Brian Urlacher (LB), Julius Peppers (RE),

The Bear's are in an interesting position this season; they are nowhere near as good as the Packers or Vikings, but are a lot better than the Detroit Lions, so basically no matter what they do they will finish in 3rd place. Which means they can either try as hard as they can and finish 7-9 or 8-8, or they can relax and slide by with a 5-11 or 6-10 record. I don't know which team we'll see, so the Bears were a hard team to predict.

Their offense is one huge question mark: can Matt Forte repeat his success from his rookie year, or will he struggle again like '09? And will Jay Cutler cut down on his interception-touchdown ratio? The defense isn't much better. They are aging quickly, and with no young stars-in-the-making, they will need to make a couple trades by Week 6.

4th Place: Detroit Lions
                  2009 Record (Div. Place): 2-14 (4th)
                  2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 3-13 (4th)
                  Major Additions: Ndamukong Suh (DT), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Nate Burleson (WR)
                  Key Players (Off.): Calvin Johnson (WR), Dominic Raiola (C), Kevin Smith (HB)
                  Key Players (Def.): Ndamukong Suh (DT), Kyle Vanden Bosch (DE), Julian Peterson (LB)

Uh oh. Not again. The Lions have gotten better, no doubt, but in no way have they gotten good enough to compete with other teams in the NFL. They are doomed to another 3 or 4 win season. They have added great talent like Ndamukong Suh and Nate Burleson, which will add another win to their overall record, but Matthew Stafford is still an iffy quarterback, which could hurt their chances at succeeding. And why wouldn't he be bad? The Lions offensive line and receiving corp (apart from Calvin Johnson) is horrendous. Neither he nor Kevin Smith, who has the potential to be a 1,000 yard rusher, have any chance at completing any passes or gaining any rushing yards. If the Lions play hard enough, they can pick up an upset or two late in the season.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                    Ryan Luxem
                    • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: AFC West

The AFC West--along with it's counterpart, the NFC West--is the worst division in the entire NFL. The San Diego Chargers are a legitimate playoff team, but as for the rest of the division? Don't get me started. In almost every other division, they would be in the running for a 4th place finish. Instead, they have a chance to see postseason action. If it wasn't my job to write about all NFL teams, I wouldn't even bother watching the teams from the AFC West

1st Place: San Diego Chargers
                    2009 Record (Div. Place): 13-3 (1st)
                    2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 12-4 (1st)
                    Major Additions: Nathan Vasher (CB)
                    Major Losses: Vincent Jackson - 3 games (WR)
                    Key Players (Off.): Philip Rivers (QB), Nate Kaeding (K), Antonio Gates (TE)
                    Key Players (Def.): Quentin Jammer (CB), Luis Castillo (DE), Shaun Philips (LB)

Unless there is a horrendous plane crash that kills all of San Diego's starters, the Chargers will win the division. Their offense is spectacular, led by Antonio Gates and the oh-so-humble Philip Rivers. (That last part was sarcasm, for you retards who don't understand it). Their defense might be even better; even though they lack the big-name stars that other great teams have, their play as a team better than anyone else in the league. When the Chargers are playing at their best, you can just kiss the game goodbye, because there is no way you will score on them. If the Chargers play up to their potential, they might finally win it to the Superbowl.

2nd Place: Denver Broncos
                    2009 Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (1st)
                    2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): N/A (2nd)
                    Major Additions: Tim Tebow (QB), Akin Ayodele (LB)
                    Major Losses: Vonnie Holliday (DE), Brandon Marshall (WR),
                    Key Players (Off.): Ryan Clady (LT), Ryan Harris (RT)
                    Key Players (Def.): Champ Bailey (CB), Jamal Williams (DT), Brian Dawkins (FS)

The Denver Broncos are the biggest question mark in all of the NFL. Their defense is spectacular; they can shut down any team, at any location, at any time. However, their offense is...well....not good. They don't even have enough good players to fill up their "Key Players" column. For Broncos fans, this could either be a season to remember or a season to forget. Only time will tell which one we see.

3rd Place: Kansas City Chiefs
                    2009 Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (4th)
                    2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (3rd)
                    Major Additions: Eric Berry (SS), Thomas Jones (HB)
                    Key Players (Off.): Thomas Jones (HB), Dwayne Bowe (WR), Chris Chambers (WR)
                    Key Players (Def.): Brandon Flowers (CB), Eric Berry (FS), Mike Vrabel (LB)

The Chiefs, even though they have the same record as the always-shitty Raiders, are a slightly better team. Even though they have an easier schedule and will finish with the same record, I think that the Chiefs have a higher level of talent. The additions of Thomas Jones and Eric Berry beef up their level of talent, and with Dwayne Bowe developing into an Pro Bowl-caliber wide receiver, the Chiefs will be hard to stop late in the game.

4th Place: Oakland Raiders
                    2009 Record (Div. Place): 5-11 (3rd)
                    2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (4th)
                    Major Additions: Rolando McClain (LB), Jason Campbell (QB)
                    Major Losses: Javon Walker (WR), Justin Fargas (HB), Greg Ellis (DE),
                    Key Players (Off.): Jason Campbell (QB), Sebastian Janikowski (K), Shane Lechler (P)
                    Key Players (Def.): Nnamdi Asomugha (CB), Richard Seymour (DE), Tyvon Branch (FS)

The Oakland Raiders will never be good, it seems. They just can't seem the draft the right kind of talent. That is, until they picked up Rolando McClain with their first pick. It was seems to be their first smart decision in 15 or 20 years, they drafted a player they desperately needed in the first round (sorry, Hayward-Bey, you don't count). He's already been named the starter, and in the one practice I attended he looked fantastic. Along with Nnamdi Asomugha, Richard Seymour, and Tyvon Branch (one of the most underrated players in the NFL), their defense will actually be pretty good this season. Their offense will hold them back--way back--again, but at least they're making progress on one side of the ball.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                      Ryan Luxem
                      • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: NFC South

The NFC South won't be an exciting conference to watch, for the most part. Aside from the New Orleans Saints, who dominated the NFL last year en route to their first Superbowl title, the rest of the conference is up in the air. The Atlanta Falcons have the potential to be great, but can never seem to meet their goals. The Carolina Panthers have fallen off the radar after their two or three seasons of sub-par performance. The Buccaneers are improving in all areas, but their youth and lack of depth will kill them this season. All-in-all, there won't be much to watch here.

1st Place: New Orleans Saints

2009 Record (Div. Place): 13-3 (1st)
                      2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 13-3 (1st)
                      Major Additions: Alex Brown (DE)
                      Major Losses: Scott Fujita (LB)
                      Key Players (Off.): Drew Brees (QB), Marques Colston (WR), Jahri Evans (RG)
                      Key Players (Def.): Darren Sharper (FS), Sedrick Ellis (DT), Jonathan Vilma (LB)

The New Orleans Saints are back, and in my opinion, just as good as they were last year. The loss of Scott Fujita hurts them, but they have many players capable of taking his place. Offensively, Drew Brees will be at it again, probably throwing for 4,000 something yards and 30 or 40 TDs. If Pierre Thomas can have an outstanding season (1,000+ yards), the New Orleans Saints will be just the 7th team to repeat as Superbowl Champions.

2nd Place: Atlanta Falcons

2009 Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                      2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (2nd)
                      Major Additions: Sean Witherspoon (LB), Dunta Robinson (CB)
                      Key Players (Off.): Matt Ryan (QB), Michael Turner (HB), Roddy White (WR)
                      Key Players (Def.): Dunta Robinson (CB), Jonathan Babineaux (DT), John Abraham (LB)

The Atlanta Falcons are getting better every season, and this year looks like the season that they'll finally emerge as a serious playoff contender. They are probably the most underrated team in the NFL, and for good reason; they've only made the playoffs once under Matt Ryan's control. However, with added talent (Dunta Robinson to beef up their cornerbacks, for example), the Falcons should be explosive and strong enough to beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Look out for the Falcons in '10.

3rd Place: Carolina Panthers

2009 Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (3rd)
                      2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (3rd)
                      Major Additions: Jimmy Clausen (QB)
                      Major Losses: Na'il Diggs (LB), Julius Peppers (DE), Jake Delhomme (QB)
                      Key Players (Off.): DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart (HB), Steve Smith (WR)
                      Key Players (Def.): Chris Gamble (CB), Thomas Davis (LB), Jon Beason (LB)

The Carolina Panthers, I hate to admit it, are hard for me to predict. They have lost significant talent on the defensive side of the ball, but offensively they seemed to have improved a little bit. The Loss of Muhsin Muhammed to retirement really hurts, but I think they will do better without Jake Delhomme (cut). The starting quarterback position is being tossed back and forth between rookie Jimmy Clausen and no-name Matt Moore, which should make the preseason interesting to watch. If they don't get that QB situation solved, however, this could be a long and painful season for the Panthers. If they do get it solved, the Panthers might be able to finally see the light at the end of their losing tunnel.

4th Place: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2009 Record (Div. Place): 3-13 (4th)
                      2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (4th)
                      Major Additions: Gerald McCoy (DT)
                      Major Losses: Josh Bidwell (P), Antonio Bryant (WR)
                      Key Players (Off.): Jeff Faine (C), David Joseph (RG), Kellen Winslow (TE)
                      Key Players (Def.): Gerald McCoy (DT), Ronde Barber (CB), Barrett Muud (LB)

The Buccaneers will have a tough time doing anything productive this season. The talent is there (Kellen Winslow, Gerald McCoy, Barrett Muud), but until they learn to play as a team and obey the coach they won't get anywhere. Their only hope is that Ronde Barber, no longer the top cornerback on the Bucs, can show them how to play as a team and win as a team. His role this season is not to be the shutdown corner that he used to be (hello, Aqid Talib, that's your job), but to be a mentor for all the younger players. If he can do that, maybe they'll avoid being the worst team in the NFL this season.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                        Ryan Luxem
                        • Dec 2008

All right, here's my schedule for the rest of the summer.

Monday-Thursday: XC Camp
                        Rest of Summer: Updates

So stay tuned until the end of the week. I'll update then.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                          Ryan Luxem
                          • Dec 2008

Update today

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                            Ryan Luxem
                            • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: NFC East

The NFC East, with it's brutal style of play, it's historic rivalries, and it's post-season drama (David Tyree's catch, Tony Romo's field goal drop, etc.), is one of the most exciting divisions in all of the NFL. All though this is very unlikely to happen, all four of the teams in the NFC East have the potential to win the division. The Redskins, with the addition of Donovan McNabb, have the opportunity to turn the tide in D.C. and head to the playoffs. The Eagles are on a down slide without McNabb, but they will do well anyway. The Giants and Cowboys, as always, will be the front-runners in the division, and both will probably make the playoffs. Be sure to watch all four of these teams late in the season.

1st Place: Dallas Cowboys

2009 Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (1st)
                            2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (1st)
                            Major Additions: Dez Bryant (WR)
                            Major Losses: Shaun Suisham (K), Flozell Adams (LT)
                            Key Players (Off.): Miles Austin (WR), Tony Romo (QB), Jason Witten (TE)
                            Key Players (Def.): Jay Ratliff (DT), DeMarcus Ware (LB), Terence Newman (CB)

Last year, fans new what to expect from the Dallas Cowboys. In '10, they have changed many important aspects of their team, leaving fans clueless as to how well this team will do. The biggest question, one that could make or break the Cowboys for the next couple years, was the decision to cut Flozell Adams and start Doug Free at his left tackle position. Adams had many personal problems, but there is no denying that he is better than Free. Hopefully Doug will give Tony Romo enough time--and we all know Tony needs plenty of it--to find the open receiver, mainly Miles Austin. The defense will have no problems, so it's up to the offense to win games for them.

2nd Place: New York Giants

2009 Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (3rd)
                            2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                            Major Additions: Antrel Rolle (FS), Deon Grant (SS), Keith Bulluck (LB)
                            Major Losses: Jeff Feagles (P)
                            Key Players (Off.): Shaun O'Hara (C), Chris Snee (RG), Eli Manning (QB)
                            Key Players (Def.): Corey Webster (CB), Justin Tuck (LE), Michael Boley (LB)

The New York Giants, no longer the Big Apple's "Big Team," have to find a way to recapture the heart of football fans living in New York City, and this season is a great opportunity to do so. While the Jets may be ready to step up to the plate and win the Super Bowl, the Giants are ready as well, even if their regular season record won't show it. They have talent all across the board: offensive and defensive line, d-backs, the backfield, linebackers, and most importantly, the coaches. Tom Coughlin is a top-notch coach, and that basically guarantees that the Giants will do well in the post-season (if they make it that far).

3rd Place: Philadelphia Eagles

2009 Record (Div. Place): 11-5 (2nd)
                            2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 7-9 (3rd)
                            Major Additions: J.J. Arrington (HB)
                            Major Losses: Donovan McNabb (QB), Brian Westbrook (HB),
                            Key Players (Off.): Todd Herremans (LG), DeSean Jackson (WR), Brent Celek (TE)
                            Key Players (Def.): Asante Samuel (CB), Trent Cole (DE), Brodrick Bunkley (DT)

I know the Philadelphia Eagles were thinking that they have to make the team younger, so in the next two or three years they can develop into a top team, but I think they did it in the wrong fashion. You can't drop all that talent at once! McNabb and Westbrook are gone, leaving nobody at either of those positions. Kevin Kolb can't be a starting quarterback, and LeSean McCoy can't be a starting halfback. Without anybody on their offense aside from DeSean Jackson, they are toast this season. Maybe next year....or two years from now...or three.....

4th Place: Washington Redskins

2009 Record (Div. Place): 4-12 (4th)
                            2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 6-10 (4th)
                            Major Additions: Trent Williams (OT), Larry Johnson (HB), Donovan McNabb (QB)
                            Major Losses: Antwaan Randel-El (WR)
                            Key Players (Off.): Donovan McNabb (QB), Clinton Portis (HB), Chris Cooley (TE)
                            Key Players (Def.): DeAngelo Hall (CB), Brian Orakpo (LB), London Fletcher (LB)

The Redskins made some huge moves in the off-season, all of which drastically improved their chances at making the playoffs. The additions of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker at halfback will make their HB position battle very exciting to watch. However, that's not their biggest off-season move, as most of you know, as they added Donovan McNabb to their roster. McNabb fills their whole at quarterback, which they have had for years, and makes this team more competitive than ever. Even though they will finish last in the division, they should be exciting to watch.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                              Ryan Luxem
                              • Dec 2008

2010 NFL Preview: NFC West

I've gone through seven divisions, and finally, I'm down to our last one; the NFC West. The NFC West is one of the worst divisions, not just this season, but in the history of the NFL. The Cardinals, a team who went 6-4 outside of their division, is their best team along with the San Francisco 49ers, who went 3-7 outside of the NFC West. I can't even think of a division in recent memory that's been this bad. This will be...well...fun(?) to watch.

1st Place: San Francisco 49ers

2009 Record (Div. Place): 8-8 (2nd)
                              2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (1st)
                              Major Additions: Ted Ginn Jr. (WR), William James (CB)
                              Major Losses: Dre' Bly (CB)
                              Key Players (Off.): Frank Gore (HB), Michael Crabtree (WR), Vernon Davis (TE)
                              Key Players (Def.): Patrick Willis (LB), Aubrayo Franklin (DT), Justin Smith (RE)

The San Francisco 49ers are baaaaaack, my friends, and they are as good as they have been in the last decade. Even though they lack a franchise quarterback, they have enough talent across the board to be successful this season. All great offenses run through a great player, and the 49ers have one in Frank Gore. He has been one of the top two or three halfbacks in the NFC for the past couple of years, and 2010 should be no exception. Defensively, Patrick Willis is their go-to-guy, leading the team in tackles every year since his rookie season. The way they're going, both of these guys could be Hall-of-Famers when they retire in 10 years. Aside from them, the team is pretty good, if not great. Michael Crabtree is hoping to have a breakout season after his holdout in '09 because of a contract dispute (big ego?). Vernon Davis is one of the top tight ends in all of the NFL, so he should be good to go this season. The addition of Ted Ginn Jr. will not only add depth to the receiver position, but it will give them somebody who is a special teams threat as well. All of these guys, plus the other 40+ players that I didn't mention, will make a playoff team this season.

2nd Place: Arizona Cardinals

2009 Record (Div. Place): 10-6 (1st)
                              2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 9-7 (2nd)
                              Major Additions: Kerry Rhodes (FS), Joey Porter (LB), Jay Feely (K), Alan Faneca (LG)
                              Major Losses: Antrel Rolle (FS), Kurt Warner (QB), Neil Rackers (K), Karlos Dansby (LB)
                              Key Players (Off.): Alan Faneca (LG), Larry Fitzgerald (WR), Beanie Wells (HB)
                              Key Players (Def.): Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie (CB), Kerry Rhodes (FS), Adrian Wilson (SS)

The Arizona Cardinals have lost too much talent to count from last season's team, but they have in the process gained most of it back. The loss of Kurt Warner will haunt them all of this season, and maybe even in '11, but at every other position they have gained talent where they lost it. In other words, you can expect to see the same--albeit older--team as in '09. However, I feel that they Cards will still finish second to the much-improved San Franciscans.

3rd Place: Seattle Seahawks

2009 Record (Div. Place): 5-11 (3rd)
                              2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 3-13 (3rd)
                              Major Additions: Russel Okung (LT), Leon Washington (HB)
                              Major Losses: Nate Burleson (WR), Patrick Kerney (LB)
                              Key Players (Off.): T.J. Houshmandzadeh (WR), Leon Washington (HB), Russell Okung (LT)
                              Key Players (Def.): Marcus Trufant (CB), Brandon Mebane (DT), Lofa Tatupu (LB)

The Seahawks can just never seem to make the right moves in the off-season. While they finally may have this season, it won't matter, because they will be pieces of shit all season. Matt Hasselbeck will either get injured and struggle as usual, or he'll have a breakout year again. If it's the latter, then the Seahawks can expect another 3-5 win season. If he plays like he did back in '07, then maybe the 'Hawks can win 6 or 7 games. Either way, they will finish 3rd in the division.

4th Place: St. Louis Rams

2009 Record (Div. Place): 1-15 (4th)
                              2010 Predicted Record (Div. Place): 3-13 (4th)

They are so shitty that I can't even get myself to make a preview of them. They just suck--except for Steven Jackson. He's good.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                                Ryan Luxem
                                • Dec 2008

Getting in on the action late: Big-name free agents finally sign

Terrell Owens (left) finally received--and accepted--and offer from the Cincinnati Bengals,
                                and LenDale White (right, in his USC uniform) was picked up by the Denver Broncos.

Terrell Owens still has a good year left in him. LenDale White can probably start for at least half of the NFL teams for the next four or five years.

Why were they still free agents at the end of July?

We may never know, but for whatever reason the two stars weren't picked up until late in the offseason.

The Cincinnati Bengals, who already have a egotistical wide receiver in Chad.....something, decided to risk their entire team by picking up a second one in T.O. Now they have two receivers who want 100 catches, 1,000 yards, and 10 touchdowns every season. Of course, this is going to be a big problem, because everybody knows that Chad Ochocinco will be the #1 receiver. Everyone, that is, except for Owens. In an interview with monkeyshirt.com, he said, "I'm gonna take over Cincy. I'll be #1." He clearly doesn't know that he's a piece of shit now and nobody likes him. Not even the Bengals.

LenDale White, who was once as good as Chris Johnson, almost lost his whole career; he was out of shape, eating and drinking too much, and just flat-out wasn't ready to play. Because of that, he was cut by the Seattle Seahawks just one month after being traded for by former college head coach Pete Carrol. (Trust me when I say this: getting cut in just one month by a close friend of yours means you really, really suck). Even though he promised to work harder, promised to leave all his bad habits behind, two months went by before somebody picked him up. The Denver Broncos took a chance, and at least so far, it has been a smart decision.

Both of these players have the potential to completely change the outcome of the 2010 NFL season, but the question is, will they put in the effort to make it happen? Will they work harder than ever? Will they impress the coaches enough to win a starting job? All I'm saying is, "Get your popcorn ready, because it's going to be a show."

Comment

Working...