Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffx
    • Jun 2009

The Worst Decade Musically - the 1990s or 2000s

For me, it's the 2000s definitely. I have maybe 2 or 3 CDs from the decade. The music has been horrible. The 90s had some classic stuff, especially the eary part of the decade.
  • Sharkweather
    • Jul 2009

Easily the 00s. The 90s were great, especially the first five years or so.

Comment

• jms493
      • Feb 2009

2000's

Why not poll it?

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

They both sucked in general.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Easily this past decade. Nothing interesting in any genre.

Computers and technology have enhanced every facet of life and every form of entertainment, with the exception of music. It makes it too easy for shitty no talent hacks to create hooks that enable their shitty, shallow "music" to get airplay. Popular music has never been worse.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
            I Can Score Goals
            • Dec 2008

The 00's, the 90's were great.

Comment

• Rush
              vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

90's owned.

2000's were ATROCIOUS.

Comment

• Houston
                Back home
                • Oct 2008

lol at either one sucking. Yes if you're thinking about the radio and Soulja Boy then the '00s sucked. There's a ton of good music from last decade but unlike past decades you had to go seach and find it yourself which to me is the beauty of it. Probably my favorite album of the decade was one I found on my own while just going through random artist.
                I feel sorry if you've only managed to walk out with 2 or 3 CD's from the 00's.

I think the 90's were better then the 80's, I don't even think it's close.

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

70's Pop sucked.

80's Pop sucked.

90's Pop sucked.

00's Pop sucked.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                    • Mar 2009

Top 40 has almost always sucked since the '70s.

However, music was great this decade if you tried to find it.

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                      Easily this past decade. Nothing interesting in any genre.

Computers and technology have enhanced every facet of life and every form of entertainment, with the exception of music. It makes it too easy for shitty no talent hacks to create hooks that enable their shitty, shallow "music" to get airplay. Popular music has never been worse.
                      The 2000's were like the 1970's, in which simple songs with dance beats were the norm. Much like people couldn't differentiate between different disco groups of the 70's, pretty much every female pop star of the 2000's sound the same.

I think the best eras of music were the late-1960's and the early-1980's. Those time periods were like vaccuums for music, with a lot of experimentation with new instruments and new styles, but nothing so dominant that everyone merely copied the "in" sound.

My $0.02.

Comment

• Pitty
                        Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                        The 2000's were like the 1970's, in which simple songs with dance beats were the norm. Much like people couldn't differentiate between different disco groups of the 70's, pretty much every female pop star of the 2000's sound the same.

I think the best eras of music were the late-1960's and the early-1980's. Those time periods were like vaccuums for music, with a lot of experimentation with new instruments and new styles, but nothing so dominant that everyone merely copied the "in" sound.

My $0.02.
                        You haven't listened to much music in the past decade then.

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

I think most people tend to favour the era of music when they were in their teens and early 20s.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• jeffx
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                            True. I'd include the late 80s to the mid-90s too. I was a fan of grunge, alternative rock, west coast hip-hop and new-jack swing.

Comment

• jeffx
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Houston
                              lol at either one sucking. Yes if you're thinking about the radio and Soulja Boy then the '00s sucked. There's a ton of good music from last decade but unlike past decades you had to go seach and find it yourself which to me is the beauty of it. Probably my favorite album of the decade was one I found on my own while just going through random artist.
                              I feel sorry if you've only managed to walk out with 2 or 3 CD's from the 00's.

I think the 90's were better then the 80's, I don't even think it's close.
                              Back in the era Senser mentioned, you didn't have to search to find great music(of every genre). It was right there in front of you(Motown, Atlantic/Stax, Philly Int'l., Minneapolis, SOLAR, etc.). I try listening to current stuff, but it doesn't measure up. Most of what I hear are wack vocals over recycled beats from my high school/college days.

Comment

Working...