X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A Tasty Burgerr
    ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
    • Oct 2008

I cam very close to seeing Super in theaters today but I couldn't convince myself it was worth the money.

I re-watched Kick-Ass to try to get a new perspective on it but I have very strong contempt towards Aaron Johnson in it, just can't stand him and it ruins the movie for me.

Comment

• Tailback U
      No substitute 4 strength.
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
      The Other Guys is tame compared to other Will Ferrell/Adam McKay movies, but I liked it. I love Anchorman, Stepbrothers and Talladega Nights because they're so obnoxious, ridiculous and quotable. I laughed uncontrollably at all three the first time I saw them and I can re-watch them all the time and still laugh, which is probably the most important thing for me when it comes to comedies.

In regards to The Other Guys, it was still pretty ridiculous, but nowhere on the level of what I was expecting from a McKay/Ferrell movie and I was extremely disappointed the first time I saw it. However, with a few more viewings, I started to like it more and more, but it's still pretty forgettable to me (I own approx 200 DVDs, The Other Guys probably won't ever enter the collection). Nothing special, but not terrible either.
      Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Semi-Pro never gets the respect that it deserves. It is always left out of discussions for whatever reason but I find it absolutely hilarious and way underrated.

Comment

• tigstah
        Mr. Casual Gamer
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
        Its two hours of your life you'll want back. to me, this movie just solitified why I cant stand Will Farrell. I think I laughed twice the entire.

Quote of the movie: "what the fuck was that" by my wife after it was over.
        i dont like will ferrell either....i dont think he is funny......

Comment

• Tailback U
          No substitute 4 strength.
          • Nov 2008

I watched I love You Phillip Morris the other night.

I really had no idea what it was about going into it so needless to say I was somewhat shocked as the plot began to develop.

I actually liked the film. It was entertaining, different, and Jim Carey played his character perfectly - almost too well.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

Comment

• Palooza
            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
            Maybe it's just me, but I feel like Semi-Pro never gets the respect that it deserves. It is always left out of discussions for whatever reason but I find it absolutely hilarious and way underrated.
            I've never actually seen it. I try to shy away from non-McKay comedies from Ferrell. Land of the Lost and Blades of Glory were :turrible:

Comment

• A Tasty Burgerr
              ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀
              • Oct 2008

Well I just watched Super, thought it was pretty good if not a little flawed at some points. Talk about some pitch black humor though lol

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Palooza
                I've never actually seen it. I try to shy away from non-McKay comedies from Ferrell. Land of the Lost and Blades of Glory were :turrible:
                Old School?

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                  Amerson For Thorpe!
                  • Mar 2010

The W. Ferrell comedies I've enjoyed are A Night At The Roxbury, Old School, Kicking & Screaming, Land Of The Lost, & Other Guys.

I need to give Anchorman another shot and get around to Step Brothers.
                  "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• Palooza
                    Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                    Old School?
                    Yeah, I didn't even think of that since it's pre-Anchorman. Old School is probably my favorite movie of his.

Comment

• Palooza
                      Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rivers17ncsu
                      The W. Ferrell comedies I've enjoyed are A Night At The Roxbury, Old School, Kicking & Screaming, Land Of The Lost, & Other Guys.

I need to give Anchorman another shot and get around to Step Brothers.
                      TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT KICKING AND SCREAMING!

I fucking love that movie so much. I don't know if people consider it bad, but I definitely think of it as a guilty pleasure of mine. The juicebox scene is hilarious beyond words.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                        My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                        • Mar 2009

He doesn't have leading roles in them, but I loved his characters in Zoolander and Starsky & Hutch.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                          Meat
                          • Aug 2009

Thought it sucked, Ashton Kutcher is a terrible actor.

Comment

• Goober
                            Needs a hobby
                            • Feb 2009

I watched The Godfather last night. Still awesome.

Comment

• manchild24
                              Kyle got fired
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
                              I watched The Godfather last night. Still awesome.
                              i enjoyed it, but I just didnt a boner over it like I wanted to.

Comment

• SOS4Prez
                                Dang ol'...yo.
                                • Sep 2009

Super: 4.4/10
                                Schindler's List: 10/10
                                The Constant Gardener: 8.9/10
                                The Hurt Locker: 8.7/10
                                Bulletproof: 2.6/10

Comment

Working...