X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrntO4Life
    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
    I do like the subplots as well, especially those dealing with the Prius and Keaton's character and quotes from TLC.

Michael Keaton is a dickbag in real life. I'll just put that here.

Comment

• Acesuper
      • Jul 2009

Once Upon A Time In The West - 9/10

Highlights:

Greatest opening scene I have ever viewed in my life. Tension. Detail. Wide landscapes. And that perfect moment when the tension is all relieved in a beautiful ending at 13 minutes.

Henry Fonda playing a villain.

Claudia Cardinale! Wow. Her eyes...her fucking eyes.

Gorgeous visuals. The detail in this movie is superb.

And a movie that slowly unwraps itself to a fine finish.

Comment

• Buzzman
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
        Did you torrent this?
        they have it on PPV for $7 with comcast.

Comment

• Palooza
          Au Revoir, Shoshanna
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
          they have it on PPV for $7 with comcast.
          I've got Cablevision at home and Time Warner at school. Besides, I would NEVER pay 7 bones to watch a movie in my own house.

Comment

• manchild24
            Kyle got fired
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
            I heard The Other Guys is solid for the first 45 minutes then it goes to shit. I'm gonna check it out soon though, at worst it's in the Step Brothers territory.
            Its two hours of your life you'll want back. to me, this movie just solitified why I cant stand Will Farrell. I think I laughed twice the entire.

Quote of the movie: "what the fuck was that" by my wife after it was over.

Comment

• Palooza
              Au Revoir, Shoshanna
              • Feb 2009

The Other Guys is tame compared to other Will Ferrell/Adam McKay movies, but I liked it. I love Anchorman, Stepbrothers and Talladega Nights because they're so obnoxious, ridiculous and quotable. I laughed uncontrollably at all three the first time I saw them and I can re-watch them all the time and still laugh, which is probably the most important thing for me when it comes to comedies.

In regards to The Other Guys, it was still pretty ridiculous, but nowhere on the level of what I was expecting from a McKay/Ferrell movie and I was extremely disappointed the first time I saw it. However, with a few more viewings, I started to like it more and more, but it's still pretty forgettable to me (I own approx 200 DVDs, The Other Guys probably won't ever enter the collection). Nothing special, but not terrible either.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                • Mar 2009

Watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles last night. Still a great comedy.

Comment

• Buzzman
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Palooza
                  The Other Guys is tame compared to other Will Ferrell/Adam McKay movies, but I liked it. I love Anchorman, Stepbrothers and Talladega Nights because they're so obnoxious, ridiculous and quotable. I laughed uncontrollably at all three the first time I saw them and I can re-watch them all the time and still laugh, which is probably the most important thing for me when it comes to comedies.

In regards to The Other Guys, it was still pretty ridiculous, but nowhere on the level of what I was expecting from a McKay/Ferrell movie and I was extremely disappointed the first time I saw it. However, with a few more viewings, I started to like it more and more, but it's still pretty forgettable to me (I own approx 200 DVDs, The Other Guys probably won't ever enter the collection). Nothing special, but not terrible either.
                  That is what defines a great comedy. One thing with The Hangover was its severe lack of replayability. Dumb and Dumber may be the one comedy where i still laugh at every single joke even if I have seen it over 50 times.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                    • Mar 2009

That is what defines a great comedy. One thing with The Hangover was its severe lack of replayability. Dumb and Dumber may be the one comedy where i still laugh at every single joke even if I have seen it over 50 times.
                    I wore out my DVD of Dumb and Dumber. I watched it every night for two years.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                      Meat
                      • Aug 2009

Errr palooza .... I can't stand Talladega........

Comment

• Palooza
                        Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                        I wore out my DVD of Dumb and Dumber. I watched it every night for two years.
                        Same thing happened to me with my Fight Club DVD. Sophomore and Junior year of high school I watched it almost everyday after school.

And Strahan - Cal Naughton Jr is one of the funniest characters.... EVER!

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                          Amerson For Thorpe!
                          • Mar 2010

One thing with The Hangover was its severe lack of replayability.
                          I disagree with that, I can watch that anytime/anyday and always laugh at it. Everytime I watch it I find it funnier than the time before that, but that is just me.

Originally posted by strahanfan92
                          Errr palooza .... I can't stand Talladega........
                          Same here. I completely hated it, one of my least favorite movies. I only recall laughing at one scene during the whole movie.

By the way, watched Blue Valentine last night and I loved it. It was quite sad, but still a very very good movie.
                          "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

• Palooza
                            Au Revoir, Shoshanna
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rivers17ncsu
                            I disagree with that, I can watch that anytime/anyday and always laugh at it. Everytime I watch it I find it funnier than the time before that, but that is just me.

Same here. I completely hated it, one of my least favorite movies. I only recall laughing at one scene during the whole movie.

By the way, watched Blue Valentine last night and I loved it. It was quite sad, but still a very very good movie.
                            Quite sad? Blue Valentine is to love as Requiem for a Dream is to drugs.

Comment

• Buzzman
                              • Oct 2008

"You fucking bitch"

*Throws wedding ring into woods*

"See what you made me do!"

*Goes and looks for ring*

Then she still helps him look for it.

Nearly had me bawling.

Comment

• Rivers17ncsu
                                Amerson For Thorpe!
                                • Mar 2010

was it just me that laughed at her child molester joke on the bus? lol

and yea MVPete that is the scene
                                "It's the revenge of the dicks that's nine cocks that cock nines"

Comment

Working...